Latent Soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Magpie52, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Magpie52

Magpie52 New Member

Is it possible to be born without a soul, then to be "claimed" at 1-2 years old?
    I ask because I stumbled upon an article about a man who died nearly 2 years after I was born. I hugely identified with him in more ways than I have time to discuss. So I know he was significant to me in a past life, whether he was in fact me or not.

2. briski

briski Senior Member

Never heard of anything like this, not to say it cant be possible. Just very unusual

3. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Active Member

I tried hitting Google for answers last night, as I've never heard of such a phenomenon, but it just threw back answers from cynical sceptics without beliefs (atheists and others who say "we're all born soulless, because souls don't exist"). And, it was late, so I gave up.

However, searching this morning, I have come across this on the Wikipedia page for 'Ensoulment'...

In religion, ensoulment is the moment at which a human being gains a soul. Some religions say that a soul is newly created within a developing child and others, especially in religions that believe in reincarnation, that the soul is pre-existing and added at a particular stage of development.
    So, it does seem quite possible that you were simply delayed in receiving a soul. Either that, or this man you feel connected to is very significant to your former self. Have you tried regression for further answers?

briski likes this.
  4. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Magpie,

What you are talking about sounds closer to the concept of a "walk-in". This is a fairly controversial area, but well known enough that it has its own Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk-in

Basically, the idea is that a prior soul departs the embodiment (your current physical habitation) and another soul (you) takes over the embodiment at a certain point. In your case, it would be like someone acting as a "house-sitter" to keep the body available for the soul "you" who would ultimately be occupying that embodiment.

Once again, a controversial concept, and probably an explanation of last resort. There are probably online articles as well as threads where this is mentioned on the board.

Cordially,
    S&S

Spirit Sword and briski like this.
  5. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

PS--I vaguely recall a movie years ago with a related theme. I think it goes like this: A football player dies in a game and it is determined when he reaches heaven that it wasn't his time yet, so they send him back and he is given the body of someone else who actually is supposed to die in order to finish his allotted span. This was based on an earlier story where it was a boxer (I believe) who comes back. Anyhow, in both of these cases, the one entering could probably be referred to as a "Walk-in" (though no reincarnation is involved).

PPS--I took a second to look it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_Can_Wait_(1978_film)