Lettingborough? Possibly Layton Borrough?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Myrtle_Tree, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Myrtle_Tree

Myrtle_Tree New Member

Well I can't believe I'm posting here, actually thank god I found this forum!
    For starters, greetings from Greece! :)
    I have some things I need to let out and I think this is the place.. Ever since I was a little child I felt strange, like I didn't belong where I was. I always believed in reincarnation, I actually never questioned it as a child I took this to be a fact, deep in my subconscious somehow. My (adoptive) mother is religious and absolutely against anything that isn't the orthodox way. I always challenged it but didn't want to pressure anyone to believe what they didn't want to.
    From a very young age I had glimpses of other lives, daily rituals that didn't fit in my life, like I always used to play with my mum's ceramic tea set and have tea time with my best friend or alone with people in my mind. I of course spoke greek but English was extremely easy for me to learn, I was adamant from 4years old that I needed to learn english (to be fair I grew up in Cyprus so all kids there learn english, but i felt compelled to learn). There were no schools for children my age so my parents tried to teach me some words (their english is really really bad). I already knew them, and actually I started speaking the language on my own through watching tv. I was (and still am) "able" to dream in english which is not my maternal language. I longed to go to England/UK and live there as it felt like home. I still have a calling per se for this country and I have never been there.
    Ok I feel like I'm rambling here, I apologise.. well long story short-er the idea of reincarnation came to me like a flash a week or so ago (I hadn't thought about it for a couple of years), and I found this forum and started reading. I tried a self regression using a technique from a book (can't recall now which it was). This is what I saw..
    I was at a house's back yard and I was putting some clothes on a drying rope to dry, there were trees I could see, a dog was running around and seated by me was a toddler, my daughter, and I knew right then that this is my (now) youngest daughter. I somehow asked myself where am I and immediately I heard the word Lettingborough (?) At least it sounded like that. Ettinborrough? My name was Mary and somehow the name Joseph also came to mind. I knew I also had a son who was at school at the time (but couldn't quite grasp the names of the children) and that my husband was away, maybe at war? I saw the postman approaching and immediately my heart sank as I saw him as he was my (now) stepfather (who molested me in this life and I can't begin to explain how much I detest this being). He gave me news that my husband had passed. I later saw a photo of my then husband and it was my (now) ex fiance (in this life we were together for six years and broke up because we grew up and realised we loved each other but as friends not lovers anymore). I saw myself in the mirror and I had blonde hair with hazel eyes. My then son is my now partner (we are together six years now and have two children). I knew that after my husband's passing I went to work as a seamstress in a factory and my son became a laborer and was kept from further studies because he had to help me and his sister financially. My daughter went on to become a teacher. I don't recall anything else.
    I googled the place, it doesn't seem to exist but since I'm not a native English speaker I may have heard it differently in terms of accent? Maybe it was Layton Borrough?
    I have quite some stories from ever since I was young of glimpses and visions etc plus some comments from my children, but for now does anyone have any recommendations as to how I canfind the place?
    I feel really really drawn to finding more about that life because I feel there is a lesson there pertaining to my current life.
    Thank you to anyone who took the time to read through this rumble of mine..

Myrtle_Tree

2. landsend

landsend New Member

Hi there, greetings from the UK -- seen as this is my native country, perhaps I can be of help :)

Your account is very interesting and has elements of what sound like past life memories. The recall of names can be difficult. Have you tried looking at a map and seeing if you feel drawn to any particular part of the UK? If you can find a specific area that you are drawn to, you may be able to narrow your search a little. There are many small villages and towns here, and often many that sound the same. It may be that you heard elements of what it sounded like, but not the full story. This has happened to me with the recall of names/places with my own past life recall. For me, remembering names has always been iffy. I've always heard similar versions as opposed to the real thing, such as the name that I heard was what people called me, but it was in theory, my middle name, and, I heard it with a 'J' as opposed to a 'T' -- but interestingly, my first name did begin with 'J'. That's the sort of mix up that can occur with names.

I understand what you say about not feeling like belonging where you are now, as, conversely, I feel that way about where I live. Your conduct of the English language is very good for someone who has not been living in an English speaking country.

Grace.

3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Myrtle_Tree,

Your story sounds like many I have heard on this board. I think you have come to the right place, and will find folks here who can relate to your experiences.

In terms of finding the location of your memories, I would try to first hone in on the particular era involved. This sounds like the 1800s to me, but you would be a better judge. Then check out landmarks and natural features in various towns that date back to that era, and see if they look familiar. There may be a river, mountain, statue, monument, mansion or church that rings a bell when you see it.

Cordially,
    S&S

4. Myrtle_Tree

Myrtle_Tree New Member

Goodmorning and thank you both for taking the time to read and reply to my post. I apologise for the delay in answering, life is hectic currently..
    I had some time free and I did look a bit at maps, old photos etc, I seem to be drawn to Leyton and Waltham, so that narrows it down abit! Some photos in particular made me feel nostalgic for lack if a better word.. I found out that there used to be some sewing factories making neckties in the area, there maybe something to this as in this life as a child one of my favorite pastimes was to sit and draw dresses and then try to recreate them on a simple childrens sewing machine that I had asked Santa for. Growing up I left this pastime but when I fell pregnant with my oldest one of the first things that came to my mind was I had to make her a quilt. I had never in my life had any lessons or even seen anyone sewing but I seemed to know by heart the process and I bought what was needed but had no money to buy a sewing machine so this plan was postponed until months later when one day out of the blue I bought myself a simple sewing machine and when I sat there I just knew.. I mean I went from having absolutely nothing to do with sewing, to making cloth nappies, clothes and quilts for my girls, developing my own patterns and even selling what I made for pocket money as I was then the stay at home parent. To this day my heart needs to just sit on my machine and I really would like to just give up medicine (I'm a doctor) and just make a living from a work related to this while rearing my children.
    I will be back to add more as I uncover details hopefully, or even just to write down what I can remember growing up, as a means of journal if that's ok with the forum's rules..
    I truly am happy to have found a community in which I can express myself..
    Myrtle_tree

5. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Myrtle_Tree,

You may perhaps be a bit like my sister-in-law. She was the eldest in a family having two daughters and no sons (I married the younger daughter). They both strove to be (and were encouraged to be) very good girls and academic stars, with my sister-in-law going to medical school and my wife doing graduate work in music. Over the years, however, despite her medical degree, she continued to gravitate towards the home and gradually got out of medicine altogether, making it clear that being at home with her children and husband was what she found she really wanted to do. Besides, her husband was a paraplegic and needed lots of care. He passed away last year, and both children are now grown with children of their own. She is always available for our questions, and does a lot of "prescribing" of natural remedies for all kinds of things to friends and relatives, but has no interest in every getting back into the practice of medicine on a regular basis. I saw a similar pattern in the family of the girl my son married a few years back. Two daughters and no sons, and both pushed and happy to go on to get degrees and careers with my daughter-in-law becoming a professional. At this point she is juggling being at home and working for financial reasons, but she is also making it clear that she wants to be home a lot more in the future (they already have 3 children, making me a lucky grandpa!).

Does any of this sound the least bit familiar? I think that Western Civilization as a whole has ignored the need for, and attractiveness of, a more traditional and stress-free lifestyle in its rush to exalt money, careerism and academic/financial/professional achievement. The current establishment exults in this, and it is all played up as very desirable in media, academia, etc. However, there are also a lot of folks who seem to be miserable because of this trend. I won't be surprised to see some kind of pull-back from the course we are on in the future, but for the moment . . . .

Cordially,
    S&S

6. glia21

glia21 explorer21

I´ve got some scottish friends and friends from the UK so the name of the place you mentioned reminded me of Edinburg which sounds like "eddinborough" to me. Or maybe some other place that ends with -burg in Scotland? Good luck for your research! :) And greetings from Austria ;-)

7. DorothyGail

DorothyGail Registered

Attenborough UK or Edinburgh Scotland (pronounced Edinborough as someone else mentioned).

Not sure why your mother would continue to be married to a man who molested her daughter. Ugh...People can be so disappointing sometimes. Very, very sorry that happened to you. Hang in there.

8. landsend

landsend New Member

I also thought about Edinburgh when I first read your post... interesting that others picked up on it.