Life as a WW2 German tank driver

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by tanker, Oct 23, 2018.

1. girlinblue

girlinblue Active Member

Yes I've seen a lot of that. I'm not really sure what the cause is for the difference in the number of lives. Again I believe it's likely for a purpose. It's very fascinating as a person who's only lived once before to read the stories of the people who have lived many times. It's rather amazing.

2. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I have no idea of my purpose. All it seems to be to me is to try and atone for killing a lot of people. And to explain my old life, in the hope that I and my Kameraden won't be forgotten entirely.

3. briski

briski Senior Registered

I dont think there is a purpose myself, I just think consciousness (spirit ) chooses a human body possibly with other consciousnesses (spirit guides) after its lost the flesh suit

I believe its always been like that

tanker and girlinblue like this.
  4. girlinblue

girlinblue Active Member

It's totally okay, I don't know my purpose either. If that is your purpose, that is a great purpose. I knew nothing of the time and place you were involved in before you spoke out, and now I'm interested in learning about it!

tanker likes this.
  5. girlinblue

girlinblue Active Member

That's an interesting theory! I like that.

briski likes this.
  6. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I have no idea. Fascinating as it is, I'm not sure that I need to know all the answers. All I know is what's happened, and there's nothing I can do to change that. I try to live the present as a decent human being, to the best of my ability, and hope it's enough.

Jupiter 11, BenjaminFR and briski like this.
  7. briski

briski Senior Registered

We all proberley had lots of PL's, some say it could be into the 100's but who knows!

tanker likes this.
  8. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I'm pleased if you'd like to know more about WW2. There's a wealth of information out there, but not always a balanced view. History is written by winners. Fortunately that is changing now, with more objective accounts.

On both sides there were some men following orders and doing their duty with no hate in their hearts. As for the bad ones, there were some of those on both sides, too. I gave my life fighting for my country and it saddens me immensely that it was all for nothing. We haven't learned much.

girlinblue likes this.
  9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi tanker.

I gave my life for nothing in my immediate past life too. It was my nature that got me killed.

10. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Sorry to hear that, Jim. It wasn't my nature that got me killed, it was my masters. It's a waste, in any case.

Jim78 likes this.
  11. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yup tanker.

12. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

Hey everyone,

I have to say that I feel that, as it was very rightly said in my own thread previously, the seeds of WW2 were planted right after the Versailles treaty. All the souls lost, wether German or Russian, American or Japanese or any other nationality, they were sacrificed because their elders forgot (or refused, read Clémenceau's writtings of the period) to pave the way to peace, and chose revenge.

Tanker, regarding your quest you undertook previously in Paris, just know that I happen to have been born in Paris and I know the city very well! Should you need help to locate a specific place in it, I would be more than happy to help you!

Tinkerman, tanker and briski like this.
  13. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Yes, Benjamin - revenge is never sweet. Peace is the only way we all win.

Thank you for offer of locating the place I can't find in Paris. I'll send you a PM to tell you about it.

14. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

tanker, a relative sent me this link this morning and it somehow led me to think of you - perhaps there is something there for you
    http://ofb.genealogy.net/

tanker likes this.
  15. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Thanks, Ken. Kind of you to send that. Unfortunately (ironically) I don't speak German so don't know how to use the site. But do you have to know where you were born for it to work?

16. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I don't know. The person that sent it to me assumes that I'm more interested than I really am. She spends most of her time doing research into genealogy and sends me things she thinks might interest me. My mother's mother was of German descent, so I think that is why she sent it - her husband, my cousin, was the son of my mother's sister.

glia21 and tanker like this.
  17. glia21

glia21 explorer21

Tanker and all, I do speak german (native) , so if you need any translations/support in research I sure would like to help. In this case contact me. :)

BenjaminFR, briski and tanker like this.
  18. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

That's very good of you, glia21! I'll take you up on that. Many thanks.

glia21 likes this.
  19. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Something that puzzles me - so many of you can remember early memories, or very personal memories. That must be a wonderful thing. It seems illogical that I can't remember my past parents, where in Germany I was born, where I lived, who I knew ... Why is it a total blank until I joined the army? I'm not anxious to do regression, as there are things I don't want to see again. But is there any other way to get back to my former young life?

20. briski

briski Senior Registered

Think only way is regression @tanker unless you dream it

tanker likes this.