• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Life is simpler before

rangehorn

As you see the title, life is simpler before. Do you agree with me? Now that technology is getting better and better, my problem with technical stuff are getting bigger too. LOL Sorry, guys maybe my knowledge with technology is kinda behind and yours are more advanced ;-) Anyway, I hope you could help me with my concern. We're trying to make a back up plan in the office for all our files and important data stored in the computer. So, we're listing the possible situations or incidents that might happen unexpectedly and what would be the solutions. This is not really easy so I'm trying to find out if there is a software to back up or to add extra security for our files? I hope to read your comments soon. Thanks!

So what is it you want to do? Back up your files to a different hard drive, or thumb drive or memory card? Or to disc like dvd? How many files? How often do you want to back up? How large is the office or business? Do you want an automatic backup or manual backup? There is a backup program called "Sync bak" which is pretty good. I haven't been using it very long. You need to have some knowledge of computers to use it. Does your business have a computer or IT person? Do you ever call anyone with computer issues on a regular basis? Windows has a built-in back up program, but I don't trust it. You have to use their program to retrieve the files. Microsoft has been know to suddenly change programs or vendors then the new program is useless for retrieving old files.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/freeware-hub.html?gclid=CIqR_YLFgskCFQRrfgodDYwGgQ

Thanks for taking time to read my inquiry. We've finally decided to use cloud apps for storing our data. We're now also looking for an IT company who can help us keep our files/data secured. We want a service similar to this:

"Cloud Based Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning: Data Backup, Recovery, and Replication

Quest can help implement a sensible and cost-effective business continuity plan to safeguard your systems and data in the event an interruption occurs. Through cloud based disaster recovery, Quest can have your business back online in a matter of minutes. By combining real-time data replication, secure data storage, and the quick-restore capabilities of disaster recovery solutions, Quest brings your business the reliable, scalable data storage it needs and the ability to recover from business disruptions large and small."

Source: http://www.questsys.com/cloud-computing-solutions.aspx

Hopefully, we can find one...a smaller one perhaps that will suit our small budget.

Back