Little Yogi

Discussion in 'Children's Cases - Archive' started by shield, Mar 29, 2002.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shield

shield Registered User

Before our daughter was born and before she had any idea that she was pregnant, my wife had a strong dream that she went to India to pick up a dying old man´s soul to help him pass on to a new existence.
    She spoke to his family who gave her their permission. When she woke up she knew she was pregnant.

Now Amanda is 2 1/2 yrs old. About 5 months ago, when she had been playing with a word: "mimiyagi" ( she could already speak long, proper sentences by then, so this was a rare "make-believe" word), I couldn´t help asking about it, half jokingly," -Who´s m.? Are you m.?" She just looked up at me, sitting on the potty, very seriously, almost reluctantly, shaking her head no, saying only: "Pooba." Me, taken aback: "Are you Pooba?" She nods sternly. I´m sweating.

Later I check on the internet and Pooba is a male Indian first name( though I´ve certainly never heard of it). Also, the word is unlike any she knows or we use (we are swedish and speak that language).

I asked her once more that night,15 min. later " Who is Pooba?" She answers "Me" and says nothing else. Since then she hasn´t mentioned it (me neither).

Now, since she was ca. 1 1/2 she´s loved rubbing stuff ( like cream cheese...) on her forehead , right between the eyes. And she does yoga postures very well, having never seen them done. The "cobra", among others. One day now, she was sitting in a perfect half lotus position behind an open cupboard door in the kitchen, totally still for a good 5 minutes...

Like I said she talks a lot for her age so maybe there will be more like this.
    Anyone else here got a little yogi or any similar experience?

This post and discussion is continued in the thread - http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/little-yogi.326/

2. shield

shield Registered User

I find all this very fascinating myself and I´m intensly curious about it. I´m a little afraid, though, too push or prompt our daughter to much to tell more. Maybe to the point of not asking enough...? Kind of a tricky balance. I guess you have to kind of feel your way through it...

A few other small Indian "clues":
    When Amanda was born she had a very
    clear vortex of laguno hair on her forehead right between her eyes, marking the spot of what they call the third eye. It was visible for about a year or more. She also had and still has, a kind of slight birthmark called (in swedish) "storkbite" between the eyes. These are quite common things for little children to have, but taken in the context of her behaviour
    I guess they should be noted.

By the way, she did a curious thing today. Nothing to do with yoga and it might be nothing at all. But it had a funny feel to it.
    She was play pretending to be hurt on the foot and I came over to blow on the hurt
    ( I don´t know, really, if this is something you do everywhere, but always in our
    country). But suddenly she said that I shouldn´t blow on it ´cause the hurt would
    get in my mouth. Then she went for a flat little pillow laying nearby and told me to
    spit in it . I go "What?"( bright as ever),
    she insists that i spit in the pillow, holding it with one hand, pushing down my head to it with the other. I pretend to spit, she´s content with that, takes away the pillow, saying "There it´s out now, the hurt."

I don´t know. To me the situation sort of rings of the way traditional shamans and healers work. I seem to have seen descriptions of how they take the hurt or
    evil from the patient in the mouth and spit it out. I know they sometimes blow smoke over their patients.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread - http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/little-yogi.326/

3. shield

shield Registered User

4. shield

shield Registered User

I have dabbled a little in Hatha yoga,too, and related meditation methods. None that our daughter had seen when she did the things I wrote about. The other day I tried showing her a lotus position. She just said" Don´t sit like that!" and wasn´t interested. No use forcing it, huh...

But I love it and am about to take it up in a serious way again. They have a good school of tantrayoga here in Scandinavia.

Monkhood is a heavy thing, but can be a wonderful opportunity, i think, if it´s right for you.

5. shield

shield Registered User

Just to make sure I´m making myself clear (the finer nuances of English escape my grasp sometimes): I wasn´t trying to make my daughter sit like that, lotus, just showing her my own amateur version(it hurts!) of it to see how she reacted to that. By "forcing it" I meant, forcing or dragging out memories, which is tempting out of egotistical curiosity, but may not be the right thing for the kid.

Very interesting dream! And I´m sure some drugs can open up your mind
    spiritually. The thing is, I believe, that it´s usually on a short term basis. In the longer run you have the drawbacks of various kinds of dope-headedness coming in. I know many Hindu yogis use marijuana but I doubt if it´s any of the (spiritually) more successful ones. It can be a dead-end short cut.

6. shield

shield Registered User

She´s a bit of a handful at the moment, though I love her to bits, strong-willed as only a 2-yr old can be. Also, of course, kids reflect your own state of mind instantaneously.

She has been speaking of some interesting things, for example being a big boy riding a motor-bike, falling and hurting herself. She´s always had an exaggerated fear of motorcycles.

Also, see http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/lifetimes-in-india.1378/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.