• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Losing Myself

GalaxyDreamer90

I keep feeling as though I'm losing who I really am but at the same time I don't know who I really am. Maybe I'm just getting myself worried for nothing though. Any idea what I can do?

My thoughts are that you are spending too much time going in circles rather than focusing on moving in a more productive activity, but that doesn't answer anything reincarnation-related, if there is any connection at all. Perhaps that is too blunt for you, if so I apologize. I think that you have been given many good suggestions that you seem to deflect and continue to ask for more to again deflect them, what is the purpose? What kind of answer would be acceptable to you?

Sorry I'm always asking questions. Anyway this is raincarnation related. I think back to what little I know about my past life. I don't remember much but I do remember being a young woman about 20 years old walking through a forest. I seem to feel so happy and calm back then. Since I don't know much about this past life I still have some curiosity about who I was back then. I feel like who I was then is different from who I am now. Maybe I'm getting too caught up in the past which I feel I should do and should instead look forward to who I will be in the future. While I do know some about my future life just like with my past life I don't know much about my future life either. People tell me I should enjoy the present moment but I've always found it very hard. I never felt any connection to this place and time.

You can't 'live' your past life and do any of the tasks you laid out for yourself at the same time IMO, you can only do that in the NOW. Past life memories have their place, although I don't know the full range, but they seem to present direction or something unfulfilled from then, ask your guide for help.

Perhaps I should accept that who I was then is in the past. I'm not entirely sure why I remember that past life. I do think my purpose in that lifetime was to learn magick. The forest felt like such a magickal place full of life and energy. I'm not entirely sure what my purpose in this lifetime is but I'll be sure to ask for help from my guides to figure that out.

You just can't "lose" who you are/were. It's like saying that you lost your "2016 self" or something like that. Are you the same person that you were in 2016? Yes and no, movement is inevitable, you may think some things differently, but overall you are the same. Reincarnation and identity are like the ship of Theseus, if we replace all the parts over time, is it still the same ship? I think I proposed many answers during the years, but today at least I think that what matters is how the parts interact with each other, so yes, it would be the same ship.
Back on topic, purposes tend to use several lifetimes, I don't know anything about your past life or "magick", but whatever you have to do I' m sure that goes beyond learning something in particular. Let things flow and see where they take you.

Maybe you're right and I'm not so different from who I was, but then again i don't really know who I was back then. The memories are so vague. As for my purpose in this life I'm not entirely sure but it might be to use my talents. I don't exactly know what I'm suppose to use my talents for though. I'm going to eventually try a guided meditation to try and get in touch with my guides. Maybe they'll know more about my purpose in this life.

I tried a guided meditation to get in touch with my guides but I seemed to be kind of worried about getting in touch with my guides since I've never worked with guides before and I wasn't able to get anything about my purpose in this life.

Back