Lucid dreaming's the way?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by baro-san, Sep 19, 2017.

1. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

From the time I've begun experimenting with altered states of consciousness, I kind of favored those that allow transitioning directly from the awake state, because of the feeling of better control over the process.

I think that some of these experiences are more suited for certain purposes than others.

Recently I read "Muddy Tracks" by Frank DeMarco, and I was a little surprised, as the author was too, to learn that one of his closer friends, also well trained (TMI) and versed in non-physical experiences, after passing on, got caught in the dreamlike trap of Focus 23. DeMarco had to perform a retrieval of his friend to Focus 27.

Also, recently I read a couple of books about dream and sleep yoga, and listened to a handful of interviews with Andrew Holecek.

Last night, while in hypnotic trance, I received a message that if I want to ease my transition after death I should better dust off and polish my lucid dreaming skills, because quite often the death may surprise us, we may not be able to recognize it, and end up in a dreamlike loop of our final moments, or worse, in Focus 23.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

baro-san, you seem to be far ahead of me in being in touch with "the other side".

Your post surprised me because I'm reading an old book, Thirty years among the Dead, that talks about this. They have a Spirit Clearinghouse where spirits are taken to transition from their dream-like existence after having died but do not realize it. It is a very uh... different book full of transcripts of conversations with spirits.

What do you use to get into your hypnotic state? And, how do you increase lucid dreaming skills - I've had no success :(

3. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

(1) I use a simple self hypnosis script similar to those I posted on this thread.

(2) I'll start trying to form the habit of a simple dream test, like trying to push a finger through the other hand's palm, while asking "is this a dream?". If the finger goes through, then I'm dreaming. Probably even just frequently watching my hands would be enough though: if they don't look normal it means I'm dreaming. It takes a while (weeks) to form such a habit.

FYI: I found a review of the book "Thirty years among the Dead" here.

4. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

What surprised DeMarco, and me too, was that his friend was a person with a lot of spiritual preoccupations, experience, TMI training, and still she was in a confused, dreamlike state, after her death, stuck in focus 23. It's like when you dream at night, and in your dreams have no memory of your awake being, and your critical part of the brain is almost totally out.

In my experience, when you regress to a life between lives you remain pretty aware, and it is as actually you wake up from a dream. This might actually be your Higher Self that incarnated in you, while the dreaming like part might be a non-physical "body" related only to that specific incarnation.

I don't really have a theory about this discrepancy, and I haven't experienced first hand retrievals, or navigated the various planes associated with Monroe's focus levels.

The few contacts with deceased family members (during lucid dreams, and obe's) were kind of normal, they all behaved like they were alive, continuing their regular lives, and they were confused when I asked questions about afterlife.

5. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Active Member

Me, too, Ken. No success with lucid dreaming. Mostly I tried Stephen LaBerge's techniques.

6. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for the suggestion Sunday, I'll have to give that a try.

I was unfamiliar with Focus 23 and Focus 27 and had to look them up, if they were in Monroe's books that I read, I somehow missed them.
    Returning to my mentioning Thirty Years Among the Dead above, and baro-san's link, I had never considered Exorcisms and Possessions to be in my version of Reality - this book has me questioning my beliefs and understandings. Dr and Mrs Wickland spend many years helping earth-bound spirits move on it seems. Their view of Religion matches my own so I am fairly easily drawn into accepting what they are writing about in their experiences. The spirits that committed suicide and killed others gave rather interesting stories, some of them coming back many years later to give further insight.

It was an interesting setup that the Wickland's had with their group of mortals and group of spirits that would bring earth-bound spirits to inhabit Mrs Wickland's body and speak with Dr Wickland and the group. Mrs Wickland was very generous to submit herself to that! It is a very interesting old book.

7. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

Dr Wickland also wrote another book "The Gateway of Understanding" published in 1934.

"The Gateway to Understanding" is a comprehensive overview of the experiences & beliefs held by the Wicklands re: the spiritual realm - most of which were obtained through their research with those suffering from spirit obsessions (where an earthbound spirit literally latches on to a person's aura, and impacts the way they think & act).