Map Dowsing

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by landsend, Aug 9, 2019.

1. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Am currently looking into the techniques and practice of map dowsing in order to find the location of a shooting that occurred sometime in the late 1980's in North America.

I've tried unsuccessfully to locate the building where the shooting occurred. Reading on the internet points to the fact that emotional involvement will distort results.

Has anyone had any experience with dowsing in any form, and would anyone be willing to assist me?

Thanks in advance.

2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I've used it to locate water-lines and voids (field-tile), but not on maps or books. My experience shows me that your belief in it is paramount.

landsend likes this.
  3. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Map dowsing — I tried first of all with a map of North America. Dividing the map into four quadrants and using a pendulum to guide me. From that quadrant, moved to the next one and so on so forth.

Problem I have is that I’m biased by my own views, both the emotional connection and my inner skeptic that says that it’s not going to work. It’s incredibly frustrating as I feel all the elements are there for finding the truth, but lack the insight currently to take that next step.

If belief is paramount then that I’m lacking have to admit. I still second guess all my experiences despite having no logical explanation for them.