• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Me

Jim78

Probationary
I'm not sure where to post this.

This is my past life:

220px-Michael_Collins.jpg

This is me in my current life at about the same age:

This is another picture from my past life:

portrait_of_micheal_o_coileain_large.jpg

And my current life:

I've similar body language and stuff but I don't see any real physical resemblance. Interestingly though, my past life love looks like she could be my sister in our current lives.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 33
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Eternally handsome! I have tried looking for past incarnations of myself....I have yet to cross any yet...perhaps that is for the best.

I think we've all done ugly things. Make the now count, you have time to maybe not erase the ugly but make what's left count.

True Venus...although I don't know how to make my life count. I don't know what I can do that's positive.

I think it's simply enough to be kind to others, my experience so far tells me you're pretty good at that, give when you can and live with passion. Experience all you can and just do what makes you happy. Easier said than done but I firmly believe we are what we create, an artist masters art by practice.

I'm generous and stuff but I always doubt my own motivations now. I ask about my recent lives 'was I glory hunting or did I really care about other people?' for instance.

Nothing makes me happy anymore except a few beers.

I think people that recognize other lives, other selves dont have the luxury of deciding 100% who they are on their own with nothing in their heads showing them otherwise like a lot of people. I completely relate, and it sucks, a lot. Especially if you carry such trauma of it with you. It may sound kind of harsh but those past lives are important, however this life is happening now. We are those people but we aren't. Based on the kind words and advice you have exchanged with me, a complete stranger... I get a sense that your motives are good. What they were back then? A painful history perhaps.... but can't be changed and it's not on you to pay for it now. You seem like a wonderful man, I hope you're well. Feel free to pm me if you ever need to talk. It comes in waves for me but I have moments where it can be hard. Also beer is good

Well I just wish I knew my own motivations. I used to have a certainty about it Venus but since remembering reincarnation and learning my life lessons I'm insecure. I just don't know who I am anymore.

I hope my motives are good. I just feel negative all the time though.

In this day and age.... It's really easy to be down. This world sucks! I would be lying if i said I wasn't having slight identity motivational/depression issues also these past weeks as everything I had seen since I was young and experienced in past lives has become clearer to me. I think my intentions have always been good, but I was vain, ignorant about his people, selfish and careless, I ended up having to kill him. Those are nightmares I have to live with...but the fact that we are insecure and questioning about these motives and selves only prove we are cautious to not make those mistakes again. Who we are is up to us, I think the first step is deciding who we want to be and work on getting there. It's an uphill battle but I try to look at this life as a chance to get it right.
If it's not too personal, how young were you when you remembered?

Last edited:
Yeah. I should try looking at my life as an opportunity to get things right. You have a good attitude. I just wish my past and current lives had made a positive contribution. I just don't know what's positive anymore.

I try to have a good attitude. It's easier on paper, and i cant always live up to my own good advice. It's easy for me to say these things when I haven't seen your hardships. I'm always hopeful that in any way, i can bring a little light into someone's life. We aren't defined by our past i don't think. For example, if i was pure evil in one life, someone who created devastation on a large scale and impacted the whole world, but i was reborn a saint that saved nations, cured people and brought goodness to the world. It wouldn't erase the horrible events, they would always be there and any good i did in the next life wouldn't turn back the clock and fix wrong doing. But I would have taken a scarred world and made it just a bit better by using the time i was given. Those are two very different ends of the spectrum and no one can be expected to be saintly, very few people have that capacity. I was vain...and ignorant. And i started my life that way, but i am polar opposite of that now. If you were cruel, be kind. If you hurt hundreds but could only help one in this life, it was worth it.
I think you and my soldier would have gotten along... I think of what i would tell him, since he also did horrible things in his past. They are your memories but they are not you. They don't make you less deserving than anyone else.

I don't know how one could be pure evil in one life and good in the next. Misguided rather than evil I think. My PL memories show very little difference between my past and current self. My perspective on all of my actions has changed drastically though. I'm not the man I was 4 years ago, let alone 100 Years ago.

I never considered myself as being cruel. I was never cruel for cruelties sake. There was always a point to what I was doing. I was more ruthless than cruel. I just didnt know that in Gods eyes the ends never justify the means Venus.

I pulled the same kind of stuff in my current life as in my past lives...so my current and PL memories mesh together as one vast me. Luckily I didn't start a war in my current life or get involved in one. My actions were a one man show this time out.

Oh i completely agree ot doesn't work that way, just using the evil vs good for examples sake, and i would never think that of you. I think we all relate to the past experiences differently for sure. While you see it all as one vast you, I think I've tried more than anything to separate myself from it.
Change is good, long as its for the better. I'm really glad you are taking some steps forward it sounds like.

Yeah we do relate differently but not that differently. I put a lot of distance between myself and my earlier incarnations. There's a separation between me and those lives because in my recent lives I've learned what it means to enforce ones will onto people from a rebels standpoint. I am really embarrassed by those earlier incarnations ( ironic since one of them, my tenth century life, is the life I remember the most of ). I don't like thinking that I was so misguided. I still think that of my more recent incarnations but at least they dont go against my ideals of enforcing the will of all the people like my earlier incarnations do. I don't find my recent ones as embarrassing.

I've changed, but I don't know what I'm changing into.

It's a big beautiful and scary thing to change. From what I'm seeing, you are taking actions to prevent history from repeating itself and making change for the better. You guide your own path and knowing what the past held, I think you know more than you think you do where to go.

History hasn't repeated itself. That much is certain. I'm also glad I hadn't remembered reincarnation yet when I made the decision I made with regard to combating evil. It means I arrived at a different conclusion naturally. It organically stemmed from my current life. It wasn't, at least consciously, influenced by my past lives. That means I've learnt something.

I dunno how deeply this thing I've learned works though. It still sometimes feels wrong to not stand up for what's right.

As a soldier it will always feel wrong not to stand up for what is right. That's what is so painful for me, the battle of knowing i failed so miserably to do what i had devoted my life to and not being able to change it, change something and also knowing that I likely wouldn't. Thankfully this life I'm furthest thing from a soldier, I don't have to be careful of who I love. The only person to get hurt now would be me. I've become quite relaxed in my ways. Ironic because that same love i allowed myself in the past is conveniently unavailable to me when my duties are normal to every other adult. Sometimes, even a soldier has to know when the fighting stops. It sounds like your subconscious was saying- enough Jim. I think that's beautiful.

Well my journey towards knowing when not to fight started in 1921 when I compromised on a treaty to end a war. That decision found me on one side in a civil war though and I died because I didn't know when not to fight the smaller battle. I also didn't know not to fight the smaller battle in my current life, even after making a humanistic decision. Its a long, slow, learning curve for me. There's still a bit of fight in me though, and that dismays me.

Back