Meditation question

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jaimie, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, I might have made a mistake creating this new thread on the subject, and if anyone can find an already existing thread on this subject and is able to remove it there, please do, or tell me about it and I will erase this one and place it there instead. I have searched but could not find it but know I have read of it at this forum. So anyway, sorry about the inconvenience.

When I have started to do meditation again 2 strange stuff has happened. One is that when I apparently fall too deep or even asleep it is as if someone pinches me in my arm, and this wakes me up or brings me up to a lighter state of meditation.

The other is that when I felt different as if I was to fly away I felt something, someone hold down my arms, as if a person stood opposite of me and held me down by having it's hands on my arms. I know it sounds as if I am just imagining things. What has happened when I got pinched or had someone hold down my arms had nothing to do with what I experienced during my meditation.

Has this or similar happened to someone else perhaps ? Could it be that it is a guardian angel doing this - getting a little physical to help me out ? What is your own experiences about this ?

/Jaimie

Antigone likes this.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy New Member

I just literally started today. I'm a newbie in medidation and as for me its just blank. I'm happy for you that you are getting experiences :) my guess is someone is trying to get your attention. You try communicating?

Jaimie likes this.
  3. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Jaimie, I'm glad you've found meditation... Jeremy too! An important part of meditation is the sitting position and posture, and when this is off it can lead to things like sleep. In the Shambhala lineage, there is a very set posture that emphasizes the alignment of the spine. I compare it to being like a marionette, with a string pulling the alignment upward. It is almost impossible to describe it in its entirety but remember the straight spine. If you're sitting on the floor in the lotus position you want your hips and inch or two above your knees... adjust with cushion or pillow. I've never Googled or YouTubed it, but I'm guessing there is some instruction there. My suggestion is to find a meditation center near your home and go to learn. I live in a very rural plains state and I had to go to Colorado for instruction. That was almost fifteen years ago and was the greatest investment and training I've ever taken. I study and participate in the Shambhala lineage and it is because of the deep meditation practice.

Jeremy, it takes time, that's why in our lingo we call it "practice." If you can devote twenty minutes every day to your practice, you will find so much peace and discover so many truths, you will certainly awaken to new perspectives. There are a few videos you can Google and I highly recommend it. Shambhala is of the Tibetan lineage and they've been studying this practice for two thousand years. If this doesn't fit you, explore others, but find someone to learn from. I will attach a short essay from the Sakyong of our lineage on the practice of Peaceful Abiding; this is what I find the most rewarding. From this basic form, you can expand into guided meditations, of which there are many. I will also recommend a smartphone App called Insight Timer, I've found it to be the best.

Good luck both of you, I'm happy you are doing this. If you have any further questions please ask. ~Tman

PS-- WELCOME, Jeremy, to the forum!!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019 at 10:07 AM
    landsend, Antigone and Jaimie like this.
  4. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Thank you very much, Tinkerman ! : ) Sound like great advice
    /Jaimie

5. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, thanks for writing :) I think for you it will come to you in time of practice as it has done for me, it was hard at first to figure it out and I am not always successful, far from it, even with much practice, I'm happy for the knowledge, advice Tman has now given. I usually forget things, but not all, right after or even whilst I am in it.

Somehow flashbacks has worked better for me in some way, but they have also felt less protective, then I felt everything, from the sickness in the body or the mind past life me had to seeing the eye color of someone, but my flashbacks last only seconds, and then I am back in my old skin and sometimes get emotionally effected by it.

I have not tried to communicate at the time, maybe I should have, think I was way to relaxed to do that, also this communicating in this manner is very new to me, so I don't wanna do something wrong, you know. I felt no fear. Way back I use to feel someone affectionately stroke me on my hair. I felt no fear then either. Strange thing perhaps is that it really had nothing to do with my experiences during meditation. I've never seen anything or anyone appear either physically. ( I do have a friend with psychic abilities and she has been at me once though that she sees somebody when I frankly didn't, I was like -where ? where ? )

One time, also long ago, I came out of a meditation and felt as if someone had slapped one side of my face and my throat also hurt. I had no idea how this could be. Think I had it for 2 days, don't really remember, would come and go on it's own. Then, quite some long time after this, I experienced a scene where I was some female in the 18th century who's husband got violent to her in these areas on her body. Felt as if she was just his possession and inferior to him. Like me she was kinda instinctive and could at times not keep her mouth shut and when she thought things were wrong. So he felt most likely embarrassed by her at times "rebellious" manner and opinions. Too bad considering she could have enjoyed her life more as she was one of the lucky ones in that time and age, born and later married into wealth, when so many were born and trapped in great poverty and sickness, ( she was involved with charity, though ).

Wish you all the luck with the practice, please don't be like me and make the mistake of forgetting to protect yourself with white light, just in case, or what ever it will be that will work for you :)

/Jaimie

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  6. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi...me again...wonder if anyone has had any alternative destinies played out in meditation or dreams ? it has happened to me now 3 times and it is regarding my most recent past life. The second time it happened it was highly dramatic and it involved my ex boyfriend and my then current husband where my current husband was in a jealous rage and began shooting. Then the ex boyfriend said it was better he went ( died ) when he did or else he would die when he was shot by the husband and I would feel tremendous guilt about that. What is true is that the husband had terribly temper, and a gun, and was jealous. I don't know if this is just fantasy or could hold some truth in it. The third time was how I was suppose to die in that life. It then showed that I had spent many years in a relationship or marriage with my then childhood friend, who I had become involved with some years after the ex boyfriend's death. I would then die during or after childbirth of a son. When I checked the facts this man did have a son with his then wife around that period of time. When I had this vision I did not know he had a son. This son was born after my recent self had died, so she nor I did not know of his existence. But still this could only be imagination too. I don't want to make too much of it. Question is if anyone else has experienced alternative destiny/destinies or if it could just be written off as pure imagination ? Or maybe in some way wish-thinking perhaps ?
    /Jaimie

Antigone likes this.
  7. Antigone

Antigone Senior Member

Hello Jaimie!
    I notice some interesting things begin to happen when I am on a meditation schedule too. It is really strange. In fact, I begin to see orbs and different types of spirits (if I am not going insane); so in regards to your initial question, I think spiritual experiences (inluding feeling spirits, which has also happened to me) like these might not be too out of the ordinary. Of course you can do the light visualisation if that works for you, but getting creative with these "positive spaces" can be done in my opinion. For instance, I often like to imagine a warm rainbow crystal I can sit inside that has the sun coming down through it. As for your own experience, as far as I know, if what is coming to you is an angel then you will feel it, it is an extremely warm loving feeling, you might even want to cry (but everyone's experiences differ). Maybe you can ask your angel that if they are around you to send a sign. Some get numbers, but I get feathers. It is actually quite amusing, because I will just be going about my day and then find these little feathers floating all around me. Maybe if you are interested, you could also start clearing and blessing your house. I do this when I am "in tune" and it seems to help me feel like I am keeping any possible negativity away, which I hope is not what you are experiencing with your own meditations.
    I am sorry that I might not be of much help in regards to the rest of your questions. I actually haven't ever discovered past life material through regular meditation, but I truly I hope you find your answer.
    Thank you Jaimie!

Jaimie likes this.
  8. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Me too.