Memories of King Henry the 8th

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Almyk, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Almyk

Almyk New Member

I'm posting this for a friend who has had these memories since she was young. Lately they have been getting more intense and more vivid. We've both been searching for some answers, but really don't know where to look, or who to even talk to to verify some of these memories she has.

This is from her:

"I'm having a dream I am in king Henry the 8th's court. I am probably around 15 when the dream starts, he's with his first wife the Spanish Queen. I'm in her apartments often helping her. My family encourages me to listen to her and help her often. Henry is young, vibrant, handsome and very much in love with his wife. I have dreams of doing needlepoint with her, playing a harpsichord I think... And just doing what any lady should. Other times I am gossiping with some girls about Anne. And later Jane Seymour. Then I have dreams where Henry is near and he smells. He smells so bad from wounds the wouldn't close on his legs and back from a fall off a horse.

He makes me want to puke, but I smile and excuse myself outside before gagging.

My father or uncle or someone head of my family comes to my apartments to tell me to stay away from the king. When he enters the room I am to leave the room. They don't want to have a scandal on the family name and to catch the Kings eye is to catch my death. Other times I'm doing other things. Standing at great parties, dancing with some man I'm assuming is who I am betrothed to since my family insists on me being nice to him and I have to make him like me."

She's really frustrated by it all and just wants to understand it. There's a lot more memories than just these. Such as remembering King Henry reading Queen Anne Boylen's letters begging his forgiveness and to release her from prison out loud to court, and the Dukes and Duchesses laughing at her "stupid requests, because everyone knew she was guilty of incest". "Her babies were never born because they were the seed of the devil, planted deep in her womb to tempt Henry to evil. But he saw through her and her families rouse and now they will be punished as only God can punish such horrible sin."

She also has random ones, like making tea, and more recently riding a horse. She said she could see the path vividly, the branches that hung over it, and the way the horse's muscles moved as it ran, and could smell the grass. She can remember small details, like the horse was black with a white patch on its neck, at least 17 hands, and she was riding it with a worn leather english saddle. Her skirt was dark blue with gold thread embroidery.

We're trying to figure out who she might've been in hopes that it either makes the memories stop, or at least brings some closure to them. Any help figuring this out would be so appreciated!

WhiteRose likes this.
  2. Tsukinoie0625

Tsukinoie0625 New Member

Sounds interesting. Hope someone can help.

3. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

A lot of your research can be done independently. For instance the saddle; before you go looking for saddles, have her try and draw and describe the saddle as best as she can. You could then go look up resources online for period and regionally specific saddles.

Of course that's the process you'll want to take with any and all information that you get from the dreams. The dreams themselves may be more of a day in life variety, but it's also important to focus on the why. Why are you having these dreams? Something may have happened there that is connecting with something now. Once you find that out and work out how it's connected to a present life, the issues will usually resolve themselves over time.

I'd also research people within the court as well and maybe you can also find out who the person was.

4. Almyk

Almyk New Member

We've both been trying to independently research it. So far we can't find anything about wounds being on King Henry's back, or what his favorite horse looked like, which I figured would be at least verify what she's remembering. I guess we feel like we've been searching in circles and looking to see if someone had another idea we hadn't thought of yet. She's trying to find sources about his court right now. Drawing the saddle and looking for connections to that is a great idea. Thank you :)

5. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

This article references leg ulcers. Might have just been thinking of the wrong location?

Edit: Also, the back problems may have been due to being overweight.

6. Traveler16

Traveler16 New Member

It sounds like your friend may have been a lady in waiting for Queen Catherine. Usually these were young women from noble families who assisted and provided companionship for a higher ranking noblewoman. It was considered honorable, higher than being a servant.One thing Queen Catherine was known for was being a great proponent of education for women. After Queen Catherine was banished from court after Henry's marriage to Ann Boleyn, perhaps your friend became a lady in waiting for another noblewoman. Henry was quite the womanizer, so I'm sure her family would have wanted her to stay away if they hoped to preserve her reputation. Of she can remember the face of the man she danced with she might be able to find him. There were many portraits painted of nobleman in that era. If she looks at some websites related to that era, she might be able to recognize him. Maybe she married him. I hope this helps!

7. Traveler16

Traveler16 New Member

Re: the above message...the website http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/ has brief biographies of many British nobles, and includes portraits of a number of people. It might help her to find some answers. Best of luck!

8. Almyk

Almyk New Member

She said, "There were sores on his back too. I just -know- it."

9. Almyk

Almyk New Member

10. Nangijala

Nangijala Member

11. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Medicine of the time would have focused on the "four humors." Without getting into a whole lot of detail about it, I will say this . . . Henry had fevers, and terrible rages. As he was already being bled for his ulcerated legs, he was probably also cupped for his fevers and even his tempers. Hot cups would be placed all over the back, especially the small of the back, and a suction created. Often the patient would be cut a bit before the cups were applied. This would "draw out the excessive humors" and bring them back into balance.

12. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Almyk,

It seems to me that we are looking for a "lady in waiting" who served two and possibly three of Henry's wives: Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, and Jane Seymour. So, you might want to do a search for "lady in waiting" in combination with each of these three and see if one person served the same role for two or three. I just searched under Catherine of Aragon, and the following site came up with lots of different names listed in association with the three in question:

http://www.kateemersonhistoricals.com/lists.htm

I've got no time at present to check for a name in common, but this type of search regimen might prove useful. Alternately, looking at the various names listed might "ring a bell" in terms of memory.

S&S

13. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

Fascinating stuff. Henry VIII suffered from gout and syphilis and possibly by the sound of it rheumatoid arthritis or maybe diabetes? Put that together with the drinking, feasting and no doubt massive stress of being the king, and it's no wonder he was in a pretty bad way. You were very well advised to steer clear of him. I don't think he had all his marbles towards the end.

It sounds like the lady would have been from the nobility certainly. Ask your friend if she thinks she or her family were English or Spanish. She may have an image of her father or mother for instance when they told her to stay away from the king. She might consider does he or she look Spanish or English (or French... who knows?).

Being a lady serving at court was a very privileged and highly sought after position. You were likely to meet eligible noble suitors, you brought honour and prestige to your family. Sometimes you would win a position for one of your family. It was also great training to be a 'Lady' (or Duchess, or whatever) in your own right when you married and usually, would leave your duties to the Queen then. By watching at first hand how government is carried out, how a royal household is run, how to throw a banquet...important skills were passed along. So, she would probably have been someone pretty important. A queen had various attendants back then though. Some helped only with clothes. Others were in charge of water and bathing, some played music and entertained in various ways. The ladies-in-waiting were the top of the hierarchy, but a queen might have dozens of staff. Some of them may not have made a big mark on history, or have an internet footprint of any kind. but you never know. The trick is to make the haystack a bit smaller. if you are searching for a needle.

Another thing to try, before you google too much more is to do a 'meditation' on it. It's not very complicated. The trick is to relax, lie or sit comfortably. Breathe quietly for a few minutes and try to clear your mind of day to day thoughts. Just breathe. Don't worry about it. Just trust that it will happen. Ask her to visualise a scene from her dreams - just pick one to keep it simple. Tell her to start with the strongest one or just the one that pops up first. Play the scene over. Rewind and repeat like a DVD. Then just ask 'what is my name'? Go with the first thing that pops up, however unlikely it might seem at first. If it doesn't come straight away. That's alright. It might pop into her head later, or come to her in her next dream. Sometimes something as simple as this will work, but as I say, do this before you do too much more googling, so it's 'fresh'. It will also be much more convincing to her and a stronger verification.

Here is a list of Anne Boelyn's ladies-in-waiting. Pictures and all. Do any of these names ring a bell to her?

http://www.theanneboleynfiles.com/an...es-in-waiting/

14. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

This all rings very true. I have little doubt that your friends dreams are of a past life. This kind of fine detail is a hallmark of a past life memory. They are like present life memories in that way. Big important moments, sometimes more domestic moments that were significant to us for some reason - these are the things we remember.