Memory Flashes

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Emmelyn, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Emmelyn

Emmelyn New Member

Hello to anybody who reads this! I'm fairly new to this forum, so I hope that I'm posting this in the correct place :)

For a while, but especially lately, I have had what I can only describe as 'memory flashes'. I will be allowed a brief flash of a memory - places I have never seen, laughs, even emotions. I see 'memories' of places that I'm sure I have never been or seen in real life, such as fields or villages. Of course, this could just be an overactive imagination but it all feels so real.

I think what makes me more confused is the emotional side. For instance, not long ago I felt a wave of happiness and thought something along the lines on 'This reminds me of when I was a boy' - naturally this was followed with a 'wait, what?'. Again, this could still just be my imagination.

However, I also have the feeling of missing somebody that I mustn't know in this life, or at least not in the same way this life. For example, I am an only child but I feel as though I should have siblings. I find myself lonely and lost without them, as if they're supposed to be here beside me. I'm sure a lot of only children feel this way but its so intense, and at times so unmistakable that I can't help crying (which is a bit embarrassing I have to admit).

I also feel that I had a close male friend in a past life who is not with me in this one. It seems that I can remember his smile or moments I shared with him at times, although I can't be sure. Again, this comes under the memory flashes category - I'm never allowed to have an in-depth look into it all because they're gone in a split second.

That's all I have to say, but I'd like to know if anyone else can relate to these feelings, or if I'm just being silly. I apologise if some of this is hard to understand, it's late and I have a seasonal cold so I'm a bit whoozy haha! Thank you for reading though! :)

tanker likes this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Emmelyn, and welcome aboard. It is quite common to question such things as most all of us do at times. What you describe are what most of my experiences have been, visual images with feelings - an emotional knowing.

Look around at other threads and get comfortable!

3. MD14

MD14 Member

I have the exact same thing. Almost all of my memories have been flashes (with the exception of dreams). Although a lot of the time I'll completely forget the memory because it was gone before I could properly register it.

4. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Welcome, Emmelyn. Memory flashes seem to be very common. I've had one or two recently, the latest one tonight. I expect more will come to you as time goes on. I'd recommend writing them down before you forget them. Good luck. Will be interested to hear more about your story when you're ready.

BenjaminFR likes this.
  5. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

How do you differentiate between memory flashes, and imagined scenarios?

6. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

Hello Emmelyn, and welcome!

I relate a lot to what you describe, as the emotional side of those memories is probably what surprised (and still does surprise me!) the most.

Anyway, you're in good company, and I wish you well in your journey.

Looking forward to read what you wish to share, if you feel comfortable to do so :)

Benjamin

7. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Rule of thumb, memories carry strong emotions where imagined doesn't
    For example when I get hit with a memory I feel what I felt at that time, if my mind fills in blank spots (which rarely happens in my case) that would be considered imagened and I don't have any feelings asociated with that scenario

8. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

That's an interesing question, baro-san. They are so different that I don't have any doubt which it is. Intense emotion with flashes - which affect me for hours (or even days) afterwards. The kind of thing I see in the flashes is generally something I couldn't think up in my present self. Most of the flashes are brief, not enough time to construct a scenario, so it's only when you have time afterwards to review them that you can work out what's going on. A flash feels almost like a physical blow, it hits me hard. I often feel sick afterwards. The good side is that it makes sense of other memories quite often.

landsend and BenjaminFR like this.