Messages from past lives.

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by JvS, Apr 22, 2016.

1. JvS

JvS Rep

I am anxious to pass along some knowledge and a message to my "future me", to discover. This led me to wonder if past versions of "me" may have done the same?

If my "past me" was anything like the present version, they would have gone to great effort to leave me a message, a confirmation, some wisdom.

We can consult with mediums, and they can tell us about past-life experiences, but we all live(d) in a tangible world, and can leave things behind for the next one. There must be a way.

Does anybody have an answer or opinion?

Much gratitude,

-JvS.

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I've thought the same, there is an Indian tribe that would make a mark on a person who was dying so in the next life they would have a birthmark there. I'll find it in the morning.

3. Gabrielle89

Gabrielle89 New Member

Sometimes I wonder if the future me already happened. That time is a relative continuum. I'm trying to separate the ego from reality and define who I am/was parallel to now.

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

You might find this interesting - : I purchased a book titled Amerindian Rebirth - Reincarnation Belief Among North American Indians and Inuit. The book has many anthropologists that have contributed to the research. It was edited by Antonia Mills who is appointed in the Department of Psychiatric Medicine and the Anthropology Department at the University of Virginia. And by Richard Slobodin -professor Emeritus of Anthropology, McMaster University.

The book is focused on reincarnation and the concepts of self identity, kinship, religion, cosmology, resiliency, and change among native North American peoples from the time of contact until the present day.

The case studies show a wide variety of belief's around reincarnation. Like same clan re-birth and next life identification of specific individuals. Male and female life times - and the inclusion of white people who were identified as being reborn Indians the next life. It's fascinating and especially the circumstances surrounding lifetime to lifetime.

Most of them believe that rebirth happens within one year and that identifying marks such as birth marks - or marks given a dying person can help with the identification process.

5. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Deborah, Thanks for posting. Now I will have to get this book. Sounds like a must read book as for myself as for I have had some Native American past lives.

Wishing You the Best!

6. Isha

Isha Senior Registered

There are many cultures that believe they reincarnate into the same culture/ethnicity. Native Americans, Druze, Jews, etc. Tibetan Buddhism says the Dalai Lama is the 14th incarnation of AvalokiteĊ›vara, and has reincarnated all those lifetimes with the same monks too. It's very interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalai_Lama

7. Tepi

Tepi New Member

JvS wrote "I am anxious to pass along some knowledge and a message to my "future me", to discover. This led me to wonder if past versions of "me" may have done the same?" I don't know what sort of message you want to send, but I believe that I have received "messages", if you will, from a previous incarnation in the form of a pressuring conscience that nags me to grow in certain ways, to overcome specific faults, fear less, and love better. The messages reached me well before I discovered where they came from: the unfinished business of a previous life.

I haven't shared the many details of that former life here as I'm still processing what I've discovered. The memory of this person came to me as a dream -- that is, I experienced myself as him, knew when he lived as well as his profession, and saw the city where he lived, a place I had never been and knew nothing about. From this I was able to find his name. He was a writer, wrote in a language I that don't know, and, though appreciated in his day, is probably best known only in circles of passionate readers of literature of that era. I was able to get translations of various things that he wrote and was stunned to see how specifically they spoke to me. I've also learned about his life and can see that his background is reflected in my own, his concerns and convictions are mine, and certain of his bad habits were things I was forced to face (and there are yet more to deal with). Interestingly, as I read his works from time to time I found myself saying, "No, that's not the right translation," although, as I said, I don't know his language. One of the most startling things was finding a work that used my current name in the title and addressed an issue that has troubled me very greatly. I feel awakened, warned, and exhorted by his writings and life as well as pressed to pick up where he left off and, in my own way, carry on.

When he used my name in something he wrote way back then did he know I would one day come along, need to hear what he had to say, and actually come across it? I doubt it. He was writing for himself. I suspect we have to think of past lives and our current life not as separate and distinct but as aspects and phases of one and the same life or identity that's laboring growing into some fullness of understanding. The message that gets passed is what's next on our personal "to do" list, and it finds us in the form of our conscience, whether we remember past lives or not.

2 people like this.