Missing-in-Action: A Case Unresolved (Vietnam War)

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by landsend, Aug 30, 2018.

1. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

My feelings for the Vietnamese people are a bit mixed, to be honest. You had to admire the resilience, and hardships those people had gone through, war after war after war. They were also ingenious, in many ways.

I think that my feelings of hatred/fear stir up more when I think about communists, and communism in general. Especially considering that there never has been a full accounting for the suffering that communism itself has entailed throughout history, in the way that, for example, the Nazi's had the Nuremburg trials. You will see that people will wear clothing/attire with the communist star who are not communists persay, but you'd never see people openly sporting the Nazi Swastika in the same way. We have to ask ourselves why that is, considering the untold suffering that happened (and still happens) in the form of starvation, torture and slavery due to communism.

Tanker actually we are on the same footing there. I've always held a grudge against Russia and Russians, considering they were the center of the communist movement. I've seen that my past self ended up in the Soviet Union, possibly somewhere in the Urals after the Americans withdrew from Vietnam. I don't fully understand all those memories, they're part of a puzzle I'm trying to piece together, but my past self seemed to be working in some sort of missile bunker by day, living in a closed military town. I'm not quite able to put in words where all those feelings come from, perhaps it's blocked from me for some reason or other.

tanker likes this.
  2. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

Landsend, you certainly have my agreement in one respect. I'm in the UK, and the example of Hitler is often brought out as the ultimate evil. But the same is not done with regard to Stalin. The impact of that era in the Soviet Union, not just during WWII, but also during the decades preceding it, as well as afterwards, are often brushed aside and excused away. It is a curious double-standard. But then we have double-standards in the present day too. Some countries are labelled as villains, and others lauded as heroic. And all the time our own actions (collectively, at international level) pass with scarcely a comment. In the past few years there has been concern in Europe over the huge number of migrants, but is seldom (never?) acknowledged that these are the direct result of Western interventions in so many countries.

BenjaminFR, tanker and landsend like this.
  3. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

In the UK too Speedwell and agree with you. I've often as much said the same things.

Speedwell likes this.