More sensitive ones that remembers?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Li. La., Dec 23, 2018.

1. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

I know this forum has existed a long time and maybe my question has been asked before. If it has I understand if my question gets removed. I have tried to search for it - but so far have not found it, but that fault could be my own of course.

So my question is if it is the more sensitive ones that remembers their past life/lives?

With me I have always had memories of being someone else who past away in the 1970's. I understood early that I was more sensitive than some other people (in ways that my empathy was according to others well developed and I could tell certain things before they happened). My walls were down, at the time I did not know they could be up or how to get them up . Seeing things before they happened was never something that happened very often and I had no idea where it came from and what to do with it. (I have several strange ghost stories but won't share them here since it is one of the rules on the forum and I understand why, one has to draw a line somewhere).

I've had 2 relatives on both side of my parents family-three that according to my parents had psychic abilities, especially one - an old man - even though my parents were then quick to take distance from this and question it, and not wanna talk about it - (Confusing) so I don't know if one can inherit this. These two relatives were dead before I was born. I suppose my point, or question is if one can physically inherit some of/or all of this gift - and if that has happened to you as well?

So - how about you guys? Why do you think you remember? Is it due to sensitivity?

I've figured I probably did not go through "the machine" the way I should, that I should never have been given the "OK-sign" to be here again, that one is not suppose to remember so I better pretend as if I don't have the memories. That's why it is so wonderful that this forum exist so one can finally get it off one's chest and have the feeling that one is not alone.

Please, tell!

And Merry Christmas to you all :)
    /Li La

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I have been wondering myself why some people remember while most don't... and why I of all people should be among those who remember.

I don't have any psychic skills, nothing that definitely would go beyond coincidence, but I always could relate to people with totally different background relatively well. Sensitive? Maybe. It definitely can be painful at times to think of all the people and creatures who are suffering. I don't know of any psychics in my family, but one of my aunts always had an interest in spirituality and is a very compassionate and friendly person. One who needs to be reminded to look after themselves from time to time...

I had this theory that maybe you need to have a certain amount of lives, that the soul needs to reach a certain "age" or you need to "learn" a special "lesson" before you remember... most people who do remember (or state they do) seem to be relatively open-minded and compassionate. I yet have to hear of an individual who remembers past lives and would walk over dead bodies to get money, fame, attention or simple pleasures (but this doesn't mean that such cases don't exist).

To find an answer to your question, one would have to study all cases of people remembering past lives (which would be impossible, and some might be attention seekers or just have a vivid imagination while there might be people who remember and never talk about it) and check whether they are "sensitive" in one way or the other or not.

Interesting topic, though. Also will be interesting what others here will say to it.

Kenz1010 and Li. La. like this.
  3. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

From the cases relating to past-life recall in young children, often a common factor is that the previous life ended suddenly, abruptly, a life was cut short. In cases of recall in adults, often it is trauma and pain from a previous life which pushes its way to the surface in this one.

I don't think that these things necessarily correlate with sensitivity or empathy. Maybe the opposite in some cases, a bitterness or resentment may be an underlying theme, and this tends to separate and disengage people from their fellows.

Of course I only listed a couple of types of recall here. From a personal perspective I'm a little wary of trying to generalise too much. There are surely a number of other ways of categorising past-life recall, which I've omitted here.

SeaAndSky, tanker, Kenz1010 and 2 others like this.
  4. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

Hi Li La
    In my case, I don’t think sensitivity has to do with it. I’ve never really been a sensitive person until recently. I have become VERY sensitive & emotional since recalling these PL things, like an actual emotional wreck sometimes haha. I’m definitely not used to feeling this way, it’s like my walls have been torn down.

I concur, Speedwell. I think there’s many different factors as to why certain people remember while others don’t.
    I think another aspect is triggers. Like seeing something that then triggers an emotional response/ memory.

5. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I just wonder if some people have such busy lives, and unless there's something dramatic in their past life that imposes on them, they simply wouldn't give it a thought?

I'd say I was over-sensitive in all sorts of ways, but pretty limited in terms of psychic abilities.

6. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

I have wondered myself why I have these vauge memories of my past life. I never thought it could be because of my psychic abilities, but maybe that's why. Usually though I'm able to see the future and not the past and lately I've been wanting to know more about my future especially in this lifetime instead of looking back at my past especially since I had a traumatic childhood in this lifetime, which I'm still trying to overcome.

7. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

I hope that in time you’ll be able to overcome your childhood trauma.
    Unlike you, I don’t think I’d want to see my future. I think at one point I did, but now I feel like it would be a huge spoiler. I’d probably get bored with life too, since I’d already know what’s going to happen. I think it would probably feel like you’re just living your life waiting for certain moments to occur.

tanker and KenJ like this.
  8. GalaxyDreamer90

Yeah I'm going through exposure therapy to get over the phobia I have due to my traumatic childhood. I never really thought about seeing the future as a spoiler. I guess because I'm only able to foresee small glimpses of the future and then I believe whatever I see is only a possibility.

Li. La. likes this.
  9. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

Seeing too much of the future can actually be damaging, in some circumstances. Let's say for example that you know in the future you will be travelling by bus. You may find yourself ignoring what is happening all around you and becoming fixated on the use of a bus. When one is seen appearing in the distance, there is a likelihood of jumping on board, glad that it is finally here, the expected thing is now taking place. But hold on a minute. There are lots of buses, all going to different places, at different times. Far better to just get on with everyday life and let those other activities give rise to travelling by bus in a natural way. I'm using this as an allegory, something of the sort did happen to me, it was damaging, unnecessarily so, but it didn't involve buses. I ended up having to do damage limitation, as best I could, before getting back to just going with the natural flow of things.

Of course knowing the future might be helpful, in other circumstances, perhaps someone may have a dream or a vision of something bad happening, and thus forewarned, be able to avoid the impending calamity.

Li. La. and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  10. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

As I keep saying, I believe most people have never reincarnated. It could have one of two main reasons:

1. They are very simple creatures and probably just here for one episode. Their souls are simple, too. They are not intuitive, 'psychic', creative and so on. What they do in life and the choices they make will determine if they continue on a path or cease to exist after their trial run was found wanting. Given that I only know the path of warriors, I cannot state for certain if other paths exist or not. Perhaps some do. Fairly certain women who have psychic gifts reincarnate. Met a handful. Not sure on what basis they reincarnate/improve. The warrior path is simple. Be moral where it matters, do what is right, draw the sword and go to war against the current evil in this world, die well when supposed to, go to the proverbial Valhalla. Although nothing at all like the stories. Elysium, more like it.

2. They might not have souls at all. Either
    A) they were born without and are without means. Basically worker ants.
    B) They have somehow lost it in this spiritually dead, consumerist and fundamentally warped society.

All the above are just my personal opinions, thoughts, feelings and ideas, and all that fun stuff.

11. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

I think it can be both a good and a bad thing. For instance when I was a little girl I just knew someone would die a specific day, date. For a long time I prayed (because I did not know what else to do) and beg that no one would die on that day. I had anxiety about the entire thing, and it did not exactly feel like a blessing. Then that specific day, date came along. I thought it would be a loved one that would pass away so I was a nervous wreck just hoping that the day would pass. Then in the evening the phone rang. Someone we did know had died, totally unexpected with no disease or accident involved at all and certainly not from old age. I felt so bad and thought if I had just prayed enough or did something else that this person would not die at all on that day, that somehow it was my fault. So in that case it was bad. Another time I was an adult and suddenly saw a young girl; I felt her just before, she was running in the corridor but it was as if she was in between worlds. So then she came through the entrance of the room -running. I could see what she looked like and what she wore. She just looked at me - as if she had been running til she found me, then kind of stopped - and her eyes; they were so beautiful- glued on to me and she was very serious, but she did not look mad or anything. Then she just vanished right before my eyes. I knew when this happened that this was a vision from the future. Some years later this girl was born into our family, got the looks of the girl I saw which I could not at the time have predicted. I would say that was a blessing. It is a vision I will always treasure.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    KenJ likes this.
  12. GalaxyDreamer90

I never really seen my ability to see the future as a bad thing. When I first discovered I have this ability at 12 years old I was actually excited because I thought it made me like a super hero and growing up on shows like power rangers and sailor moon I always wanted to be like a super hero. I was so excited I started telling other people, which I shouldn't of done because it gave them more reason to think I'm crazy. By the way since we are talking about psychic powers I cant help but wonder if those that are more attuned to their psychic ability tend to be more emotional then most other people. I ask this because for some reason I tend to be highly emotional.

13. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

It is one thing to see something of one's own future and another to see some big events that are unpleasant to put it nicely, one time one of those dreams did come to pass with Japan getting hit by the tsunami back in 2011.

14. GalaxyDreamer90

I had a dream about hurricane sandy before it hit the east coast back in 2012. I even dreamt that it was going to hit the east coast during the full moon in October which it did.

15. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

Hmmm, I consider myself an artistic and empathic person. People often say that artists have sensitivity, but I don't know if that's true. As a child, I remembered my difficult past lives or past lives where I died abruptly. Happy or quiet past lives... no. When I turned sixteen I began to have memories of relatively easy past lives. Personally, I don't think sensitivity is a door to remember past lifes.

About some ability to guess natural disasters or something, I once dreamed of a giant fire in my neighborhood. Two weeks later, it happened.

Anyway, I feel like there's a lack of information to know if sensitivity is the answer.

16. GalaxyDreamer90

Hmm...maybe that's why I'm so emotional and sensitive, because I'm the creative and artistic type. Artistic people do generally tend to be more emotional even if they dont always show it. If that's the case then being emotional is something I inherited along with my creativity.

Edit: I found this article online. Perhaps there is a connection with being creative and being highly sensitive.
    http://highlysensitive.org/325/highly-sensitive-personality-and-creativity/

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018