Movies about reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Libellule, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

I haven't seen the movie, but I think Philippa Gregory (who wrote the book it's based on) did a proper job researching it. I think it's possible that it could bring past life triggers. :) I'd be curious if anyone had seen it.

2. kemetic18

kemetic18 Senior Registered

Eeek, thanks for telling me! I can't stand shows/movies that aren't historically correct...or at least make a decent effort to be. :D

Maybe I'll rent "The Other Bolelyn Girl" and see how that is. I read the book and thought it was well written and seemed well researched.

3. Don Quixote

Don Quixote New Member

Historical movies definitely bring back old prior life memories for me. It is frustrating, though, when parts of the movie are not historically accurate, or the actors aren't right for the roles.

Doctor Zhivago brought back wonderful memories of a lifetime in Russia, even though my lifetime there was in a previous century.

I love movies about the Roman Republic era, but I feel absolutely no affinity for the era of the Roman Empire. I also love movies about the American Revolution, especially the TV movie John Adams from last year. I felt like that one was remarkably accurate as far as the feel of the time period and the people.

Cold Mountain and Gone With the Wind are the only Civil War movies I've seen that seemed close to capturing the feel of that period of time realistically.

With the 100th anniversary of WWI just a few years away, I suspect we will be seeing more movies over the next few years about that period. The Long Engagement seemed to me to be the most historically realistic about that time period.

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Movies that trigger

Henry V,

Braveheart,

Patriot

Troy.

5. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

Fantanstic movies, Nightrain. :thumbsup: I've had a long-time love affair with Braveheart.

I'm a little embarassed to admit it, but the movie Inglorious Basterds (even though the ending was no where near historically accurate) was filled with triggers for me. Also, I was watching The DaVinci Code and when it refered to the Church's oppression and burning of free-thinking women during the dark ages, it definately sparked something inside me.

6. starchild

starchild Senior Registered

believe it or not, I find myself watching the Bourne identity movies over and over, especially when he goes to Russia.

I don't know what it is about Russia, it's possible because of my 1/3 Lituanian descent that I feel a connection, or it's possible that I once had a past life in russia, but I feel drawn to it from the bourne movies.

I also think I may have had a career as a spy at one time because I love love love spy movies - even as a kid when mission impossible was on, I'd have my mom call me in from outside so I could watch it.

7. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thai reincarnation movie

A Thai reincarnation movie wins top honors at Cannes. Anyone get to see this? I hope we do in the states. Sounds like it's a winner!

:coffee:

8. Nightrain

It really looks very interesting. I found and googled the title of the film to find the following

to the film's trailer. Also found was the following link to a downloadable PDF that contains much more information and some still photos from the film.
    -Nightrain

9. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

I think the movie looks interesting as well. I like how reincarnation is finally becoming accepted in written and film media. M.J. Rose writes fiction on the subject, and they had/have a series based on her book The Reincarnationist. Even though reincarnation has been touched up over the years in media, it has never been this prevalent.

10. Nightrain

Clint Eastwood's new movie, "Hereafter"

The LA Times yesterday featured an interview with Clint Eastwood, who has been directing his new film, "Hereafter", due to open October 22nd, 2010. Knowing the quality of his films, it promises to be one of the most interesting movies, if not a major blockbuster. Matt Damon plays one of three major parts as an average "everyman" who has a Near Death Experience and ends up with the ability--or curse--of being able to see spirits who have passed over to the other side.

One might assume that Clint Eastwood will lend a great deal of credibility to spiritual awareness. Or, it may bring about the downfall of a great Director, instead. Time will tell. I personally look forward to spending the ticket admission of $10.50 to see it.

What effect do you think this film will have on the public?

11. Meagan

Meagan New Member

It seems to me like this topic might be the new future entertainment. With more and more documentary's and movies like this one and The Silver Cord coming out in 2011, it will be interesting. I personally think that more people believe in reincarnation than will admit which may make these movies a success.

12. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

Thanks for posting this link Night. I found a trailer for the movie and it looks promising.

DK

13. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

Thanks for the link to the interview, Nightrain. I enjoyed reading what Clint Eastwood had to say; he is one of my favorite actors.

I am going to say that the movie will make people question their own beliefs about the hereafter and that the number of people visiting the forum will increase.

I wonder how or even if the movie addresses reincarnation. I don't think that much can be said about the hereafter without also talking about the cycle of rebirth or am I wrong about that.

14. Lawyer Daggett

Lawyer Daggett New Member

I once heard an interview with Johnny Cash, who played as part of a song called 'Highwayman', their signature tune about a fellow who was a highwayman, who reincarnated as a sailor, a dam worker and as a pilot of a space ship and who is wondering what he will come back as next.

Apparently he and the group copped a lot of flack from the fundamentalist christian lobby.

It will be interesting to see if the decade or two since that song came out has lead to an increase in tolerance toward our views.

15. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Frankly, it doesn't matter what mainstream america likes or doesn't like...I appreciate the idea of the movie and will pay to see it. If the fundamentalist right doesn't appreciate it then they don't have to pay to see it.

My primary issue is that everything seems to be a polarizing influence...forget it...if it interests you , go for it, if it doesn't forget it. I refuse to let nonsense affect the place where I live.

Life is too short to fill with what others think/feel/sense or to worry about their issues...I have learned recently, through some very hard lessons, that you must focus on what you think/feel/sense...only then will you be dealing with others from a place of balance.

Nightrain...your new (to me) picture looks great...although I really appreciated the revolutionary infantry look you previously sported...then you were a brother in arms, but I have issues with harleys...love and light.

16. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

So? Anyone else seen this? Not just me, I hope?? :( I've been waiting to see what y'all would think of it. (And waiting, and waiting and waiting!)

I loved it and thought it was very well done. Very realistic as to experiences, very low key. No severed heads or monsters. :laugh: Unfortunately it's not going to break any box office records but that's not a big surprise to me, of course.

17. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Thanks also for posting this link to this Nightrain. I myself have always liked and admired Clint Eastwood personally. I do have plans also in going to see this movie. Personally do think that there is a big drift in society towards this type of thinking and as times pass, it becomes just a little bit more mainstream. Personally I want no spoilers and am looking forward to in seeing this movie. Am interested also if it mentions or addresses reincarnation in anyway.

18. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

I've not seen it, but there have been plenty of popular films about the interaction between the living and the departed (e.g. 'Ghost Town', 'Ghost', 'Ghost Dad', 'Meet Joe Black', 'Resurrection', 'Dead Again', 'Hearts & Souls', 'It's A Wonderful Life', etc., etc).

What's different about this one?

19. ~Ophelia~

~Ophelia~ New Member

Well...they are all different. Story plots are different, as are the characters. Just like with any other movie.

My favorite was Dead Again. It was really well done. I am looking forward to this new movie. Clint Eastwood is a great director.

20. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

Well I enjoyed 'Gran Torino', so I'll keep my eye out for it :D