Music that resonates with your soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SkyeSpitfire, Dec 30, 2013.

1. SkyeSpitfire

SkyeSpitfire Probationary

Do you ever hear a piece of music and just feel it belongs somewhere inside you? That you can't stop listening to it no matter how many times it's played - and it's not a memory or even a nostalgia thing, it just feels like it belongs right there with you? It's more than just liking the music or appreciating it - it's more like it's something which fits you perfectly, like a jigsaw puzzle, and speaks for you without words having to. I thought it would be nice to share pieces of music that we feel express our souls - sort of like a musical representation of them. I really only get this with instrumental music (only once did I feel something for a song with lyrics). I have three in particular that I am particularly drawn to which I feel sum me up. Please feel free to share yours too.

(This is the peaceful side to me. It's what I'd ideally have without the others - even though obviously there's a strange beauty in the other two as well and they are crucial in their own right. This one particular track, though I don't know why, really represents a sense of calm and makes me feel like the other two were worth it just to get to this one. I haven't actually played the Sims either ... Lol.

2. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

Brag by cutting crew

It's very sad. It's about napoleon and all

his awful conquests.

Everytime I listen to it I think I had

past life in that time.

Jazz of the 20's not, that high paced

flute and clairnet and horn crap.

When women singers had the audience in

the palm of their hand.

I enjoy Simply Red still .

I have very broad taste in music

to go with many moods.

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Japanese Drumming and American Indian drumming I just love.

To see them in person - the vibration goes through your whole body. A wonderful experience. The last two minutes - Amazing.

4. jonathan21

jonathan21 Member

I had a dream about a year ago in which I heard a harp playing.The tv was off so not sure where it came from.but it was beautiful music.

5. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

6. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

Hi Demi,

Wow. I love that song, as well. I tried to explain what a great song it was to someone who knew a lot about pop music from that time period, but didn't know that one. Anyway, I couldn't express it. There's just something about it. Of course, I didn't really start listening to that song until maybe 5 or 6 years ago, and it wouldn't have been a past life association with the song itself, as I was already born (maybe between 5-8 years old when the song came out)

So, as an adult, I kind of reminisce about the British Invasion music and British/European music from the 60's and 70's. I don't think I really was old enough to appreciate it as child and adolescent. I grew up in the U.S.

There are a few others that get to me, like that song does. The Ralph McTell songs-in particular- Barges and Streets of London. The Hollies-Air That I Breathe, The Moody Blues-Your Wildest Dreams (I think someone mentioned that one in another thread, but not sure)

7. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

I have this music background on my ibrony.com profile, I tend to get glued to my profile everytime I go to it thanks to "Through the eyes of a child"

8. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

"No Milk Today" was one of my favorite songs when it came out in the 60's.

Somedude77 likes this.
  9. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I love "Knights in White Satin". It was "different".

Somedude77 likes this.
  10. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Now for myself it is Native American Powwow Music. I could listen to this music for hours and hours. And one piece of music and video over at Youtube that I really do love and have been listening a bunch to as of late is this piece -

'Tearful Honor Song' ...

Barblynn likes this.
  11. Eevee

Eevee Administrator/Archivist

The kind of music that goes to my heart are songs like these:

Enya: Orinoco Flow

12. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

Drumming really gets me excited :laugh: Teardrops by Emmelie de Forest is a great example of the sort of song that I can feel in the depths of my soul~

There's also a song called Never Forget by Greta Salome & Jonsi. To me its a song about reincarnation and makes me feel a deep, core sadness... I've always had a fear that once my loved ones pass I shant see them next time round.

13. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

I wrote here about how Scottish music, especially bagpipes always make me feel...

Scotland

14. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

Hi BethC, I had a verst short life (5 years) around the time of the 60's, and I am not sure if I heard the song then, or the lyrics/melody resonate with a PL (which I know they do) Also, I've always had a strong reaction to The Beatles.

15. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

I now enjoy classical music .

It's something never really cared for until

last year. discovering who I was in past life.

reignited my love for classical .

There are some of it I don't care for.

Bach, Brahms etc. Some day I can't get enough.

Some days I need it to de-stress.

16. celticrose

celticrose Registered

Ooh I love this topic! :) for me, it has always been traditional Irish music. The instruments that speak to my soul are also Irish. But I also have strong reaction towards native american chants.

17. themword

themword Something clever.

I've always had a connection to classic rock and folk music. Granted, my dad used to play it all the time growing up, but even when I was little I was absolutely enamored with it. I'm a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen and Fleetwood Mac. No clue why lol.

18. Rocky Rose

Rocky Rose Member

I guess for me it depends on where I am in my own life...

In my more close minded days- the soundtrack to the new version of True Grit really resonated with me.

The most recent music that I can't seem to stop listening to and never get tired of- more movie soundtracks again, but specifically, "Test Drive" from the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack and a track that's from the sequel, that just really gets me... I really think the aspect of Flying is just soo...I want to say enchanting??

I loved oldies since I was little, was never much for most of what's considered "modern."

19. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

I thought of another song that is really evocative for me.

The Lady of Shalott. Of course, the lyrics are taken from Tennyson's poem. The combination of the beautiful music, Loreena's haunting voice and Tennyson's poem touch my soul, and I feel a kinship with the Lady of Shalott. I feel as though I was in a very similar 'situation' That I was cursed and shunned, maybe as a witch or prostitute. I feel I may have been both in different past lives.

20. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

One song that I've sung and loved since childhood is Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee by The Glenn Miller Orchestra~

Absolutely adore Glenn Miller, all of his stuff makes me incredibly nostalgic, but this song in particular has stuck with me for a long time :) makes me feel very happy