Music that resonates with your soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SkyeSpitfire, Dec 30, 2013.

1. 123Eating

123Eating Registered

Crippled Black Phoenix- We Forgotten Who We Are
    I could list a huge list and still want to share more. So, I think sharing one song that hits pretty deep, like many other songs, should suffice.

Myna likes this.
  2. lute

lute Registered

3. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Even as an early child, I was always drawn to Classical music, especially to certain composers, IMMO, now, at this late date, I feel that Classical music is the closest to the music that is reported by others to be heard on the Other Side (or "Heaven").

For some reason, possibly a Past Life (PL), I've always been closely drawn to the music by (Dame) Vera Lynn, who sang her songs for the enjoyment of the British troops (and others) in WWII.

I guess (possibly from this life) I have always been moved by the songs of different religions, and possibly because I sang in the child's section of my Grandmothers church, and still am interested in the "genre" of Hymns and Gospel songs.

And of course, I liked certain songs from the (then) current popular songs of my childhood and also of growing up to adulthood.

Even now (at age 60) I have a mp3 player loaded with the type of songs above, pretty "modern" for an ancient Dinosaur!!! LOL

4. lute

lute Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hm.

5. Gypsy8

Gypsy8 Registered

This is a very interesting thread. I was wishing it had gone longer.

I've always loved hearing bagpipes, and also drums - just a rhythmic beating. Both touch something very deep in me. But when I hear Knights In White Satin, it pierces my heart and I feel it running through my veins. I've never thought about why these would affect me the way they do.

6. medieval queen

medieval queen Registered

i love quit dark classical music lol, and the song reise,reise by rammstein always gets me in a warrior mood, i imagine aload of brutal warrior men aboard a huge ship, battling there way threw a storm!wine**

7. medieval queen

medieval queen Registered

8. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

Johnny Cash songs from his Bitter Tears album

I LOVE bagpipes.

9. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

I'm never faithful to any type of music, I'm all over the place. Heavy metal, folk, grunge, blues, classical, opera. At the moment the piece that most resonates with me and that I find comforting is Avro Part's Spiegel Im Spiegel. It takes me to the cold black vastness of outer space, yet it somehow says that the cold and loneliness is not to be feared.

10. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

11. TheWonderer

TheWonderer Registered

When I was little I was always drawn to every Native American related, including their music. It was to a point where my parents actually bought me CDs of Native American music and it definitely resonates in my soul. I listened to it again the other day:) it's probably not the same tribe, but the sound is close enough to give me comfort. I know of a band (who are moderately famous) whose music is like healing my soul, and they actually grew up 15 minutes from the town I've lived in my whole life. Maybe next life I'll recognize their music and it'll be a clue to my current life:)

12. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Senior Registered

This one:

The video with it as well to me conveys a feeling of "singing the Earth into existence" iyswim.

13. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

"I'll Find My Way Home" by Jon & Vangelis

Once upon a time I used to make videos. I made two, both using Vangeles music (because it is great spiritual stuff).

I am posting both but (one is way more popular than the other)

I hope you enjoy it! (The art is by Nicholas Roerich and the words are mine (parahrasing stanzas from the Course in Miracles.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...ca39c7582fd7d6ef65a644062f3e4616&action=click

Let me know which one you like more..

14. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

I'd have to say, I tend to get glued to bag pipes and East Asian music mostly.

Been really interested in the British Isles, Egyptian and Chinese stuff growing up.

15. Nangijala

Nangijala Registered

I love everything by Lisa Gerrard. Her voice is so beautiful and the music so spiritual.

This is the link to "Host of Seraphim".

Myna likes this.
  16. Rocky Rose

Rocky Rose Member

So Last night i ended up on Scott Joplin ragtime... and no matter what (even though I took ballet in this life and we did a show with the ragtime music) Everytime I hear "The Entertainer" I think of "me" a bit more bustier with a red Victorian dress and early 1900s in one of the Eastern Cities... (my mind says New York)

17. Twilight

Weird, today was the first day of choir class for me and my mom. I was in the base class and my mom was in the soprano class.

Anyways when I was in the room I could hear the soprano people singing "Now is the month of maying" and I totally daja vu out of Que even though I've never remembered hearing the music before. My daja vs took me back to a sunny day in August 1642 at a concert at a black pointy roofed cathedral where musicians were playing this song. I got a sense it used to be my favorite song as a little girl. I'm really curious to be if there are any pointy cathedrals in Berkshire.

http://youtube.com/?#/watch?v=pLsERiArs0s

18. Twilight

19. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

Thanks for sharing that. I loved that song when it came out. I will have to download from iTunes and add to my 60's and Fav's playlists.

20. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

That was one of my favorites back in the 60s. I was in high school.