Music that resonates with your soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SkyeSpitfire, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

I was in Jr High.

2. Axes

Axes Registered

3. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

Darn! "No Milk Today" has become an earworm for me!

4. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

We had good music back then, the British Invasion. LOL

You just gave me an idea. I make my own CDs to listen in the car. I'll make a new one and add "No Milk Today".

5. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

A Time of Change!!!

I was just the opposite as a teenager than what I had to be later on when I had a career, as a teenager I was a sandal and jeans wearing young man (but I wasn't bad) I was just a "flower child" learning to play a folk guitar and sing folk songs for my friends.

I liked Peter, Paul & Mary, Pete Seeger, Arlo Guthrie, music of that type of genre, I was a "Love, not War" type of person, but our country was still in turmoil over the war in the 60's, and I was careful not to offend anyone so I remained rather neutral.

This was also the time when I finally came to grips with my beliefs on Past Lives and Reincarnation and everything started to come together for me, I buckled down and started getting serious with my school work and started planning out my life and taking extra classes towards my thoughts of a career for my future.

But even though my career changed me quite a bit, I'm still a "Stop and Smell the Flowers" type of person at heart and the old Folk songs still resonates with my Soul. :)

6. Susan

Susan Senior Registered

So lately, I'm uncontrollably drawn to anything to do with Jupiter. It started when I downloaded the NASA Symphonies of the Planets - the Voyager recordings. From the description: "The true ambient space sounds that come from electronic vibrations of the planets, moons and rings, electromagnetic fields of the planets and moons, planetary magnetosphere, trapped radio waves bouncing between the planet and the inner surface of it's atmosphere, charged particle interactions of the planet, it's moons and the solar wind" . I like it all but am just crazy-drawn to Jupiter and the Sphere of Io (One of Jupiter's moons). I meditate to it and sometimes keep it going all day long while I'm working.

I've found some binaural rythms and Soffreggio recordings that use the same frequency as Jupiter and the Sphere of Io, as well.

I have no idea what it means. But I have since found that Jupiter is the planet for my date/year/time of birth. Who knew?

7. Torbalanec

Torbalanec Registered

Moby - Porcelain

idk but i heard it as a child and...

Still everytime i listen to that song get strange feelings and daydreams, but very blurry. Only this song make me feel like this, and I havent stopped listen to music all my life different genres. :)

8. Looking Backwards

Looking Backwards Senior Registered

Interestingly enough, I associate holiday music - especially "O Come All Ye Faithful" with the middle ages, even though most wasn't written until the 15-1800s. However, many songs were actually based on songs the medieval period; perhaps that has something to do with it.

9. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm currently completely addicted to Tibetan singing bowls and Japanese taiko. Deep base, especially drumming, has always attracted me, in general. The sounds pierce right through me.

10. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey Mere Dreamer, that first video really caught my attention...so much that I just listened to another hour of it on YouTube. I've never heard of this before, so thanks!

11. Medea_

Medea_ Registered

The music that resonates most with me is usually sad, melancholic, Ancient, Arabian or ethnic/traditional.

The songs that resonate the most might be a bit more modern, but still I'll put them here.

Myna likes this.
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Cajun Blood by Jo-el Sonnier. I cry whenever I listen to it

13. TheDivineOne

TheDivineOne Should've been born a girl...

Ne-yo's Coming with You

Just listen to the music in the background. It sounds so... surreal. It makes me imagine the afterlife and reincarnation when i hear it. It sounds so peaceful, so soothing, and don't even get me started on the instrumental break at about 3 minutes in the song!

That instrumental break... I can't even describe the relaxing effect it has on me. When i hear that part... i visualize that I'm in the afterlife... being reborn again, born a female (i'm transgender). Between the time i'm dead and reincarnating I want to hear that song, especially the part.

Ne-Yo – Coming With You:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2016
  14. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Saw Tool in 06 at the Staples center, and this one has stuck with me.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  15. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

I don't think I've mentioned this one, but I vaguely recall a discussion in this thread or another thread of Suo Gan. May have missed it going through the thread this time. Love it.

16. Myna

Myna Humanoid

I LOVE and emotionally react to instrumental music. A while ago before I quitted all my hobbies & passions:

- I used to write fantasy stories, mythical ones, ancient ones, faeries, god & goddess and always listened to this kind of celtic instrumental music or in ancient latein/language, or any music that gives me sense of mystery & goosebump. This swiss composer is 1 of my fave. I love most of his creations, but I feel that his music more resonate to my dark side (e.g. Combat, ancient war, heart pain, more to neg emotions)
    - I like a lot Chinese instrumental music guzheng & bamboo flute 1 2 this kind of music resonates more to my emotion when I feel in love, being artistic (drawing & dancing), engange more in my feminine side. Oh also love other kinds of string instrumental music eg. harp, guitar, etc
    - but I also love all kinds of modern music & those in different languages

PS:
    Btw music no 2 shows also type of realistic paintings of chinese ancient female that catch my heart

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    BethC likes this.
  17. lilly

lilly Registered

Recently I have got into bluegrass. I do not even know why but there is something very soothing about it.

But one of my favourite songs :

and another one. I have always loved "Summertime" but I think it is even prettier sang by Johansson.

18. Christina Conrad

Christina Conrad New Member

Medieval period music really resonates with me. I have always loved it. It feels familiar to me.

19. bellaDonna09

bellaDonna09 Member

sad violin music touches my soul and make me think deeply about a lot of things.
    opera get me nostalgic.i also like the theme song of gladiator.overall classical music especially violin touches me and make me feel hunted ever since i was like 5

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  20. Mostrovoi

Mostrovoi New Member

Live to Forget by Firelake. A depressing song in Russian about the abandonment of Pripyat.