• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Music that resonates with your soul

There are two that resonate for my soul. The first one is strictly an instrumental and a sort of vibration confirmation, and whose title relates to the second song's title, as the lyrics is a revelation of sort, as I have always resonated with Socrates/Plato, and considered myself a philosopher of sort. Perhaps only just a ragged philosopher, in truth. But true philosophy, as Socrates defined it, is the seeking of truth, and also practicing dying (reincarnation). Anyway, the one goes with the other, as far as my musical taste goes. However, I must state here that most music resonates with my soul, in general. And I must also state that, in my opinion, all music is inspired from "heaven" above, or as the ancient Greeks believed, it was Apollo and the Muses that inspired all earthly artists. But perhaps it may be more of a matter that we souls have existed forever, and therefore already know all things, including all music, which we must have listened to, in eternity. Also, Socrates did tell us that philosophy is the noblest and best of music.

Upon this Cebes said: I am glad, Socrates, that you have mentioned the name of Aesop. For it reminds me of a question which has been asked by many, and was asked of me only the day before yesterday by Evenus the poet –he will be sure to ask it again, and therefore if you would like me to have an answer ready for him, you may as well tell me what I should say to him:–he wanted to know why you, who never before wrote a line of poetry, now that you are in prison are turning Aesop’s fables into verse, and also composing that hymn in honour of Apollo. Tell him, Cebes, he replied, what is the truth–that I had no idea of rivalling him or his poems; to do so, as I knew, would be no easy task. But I wanted to see whether I could purge away a scruple which I felt about the meaning of certain dreams. In the course of my life I have often had intimations in dreams ’that I should compose music.’ The same dream came to me sometimes in one form, and sometimes in another, but always saying the same or nearly the same words: ’Cultivate and make music,’ said the dream. And hitherto I had imagined that this was only intended to exhort and encourage me in the study of philosophy, which has been the pursuit of my life, and is the noblest and best of music

1)

2)

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun
Shine on you crazy diamond
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky
You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom
Blown on the steel breeze
Come on you target for faraway laughter
Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision
Rode on the steel breeze
Come on you raver, you seer of visions
Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine
Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far
Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph, and sail on the steel breeze
Come on you boy child, you winner and loser
Come on you miner for truth and delusion, and shine!

Oddly, when I hear the song 'Its my party' by Leslie Gore, I think of Montreal in the warm months. It makes me feel happy and I find myself singing along to it.
-Grel

I can't believe I only found this thread now! Music is so important to me, (even though I've never had a flashback from a past life while listening to music)... it's just the feelings I get from certain music are so special. I think folk music in general, modern folk inspired music, and "fantasy" music makes me feel the most at home, because there's always something familiar about it that feels like home and reminds me of older times even though there's a new spin on it which I love! I think I'm just the kind of person who's always looking for a new angle and innovation and that's why this music really speaks to me. Where old meets new, that's where my soul is!

Some of my favourites:

Also sometimes modern mainstream music speaks to me on a deeper level too, if I feel like the song is "about me" (especially the lyrics) because that means either that someone in this world feels exactly like me, could imagine what it is to feel like me, or that songs can be interpreted in so many ways that even if other people who relate to it, do it for different reason, there's still some common ground for us which we could use to understand each other! All of that is so encouraging to think about! Sometimes I can't even tell why I relate to a song, and I usually think that's past life related, and I just can't consciously remember...

Some songs that pierce straight to my soul and gave me chills upon hearing them the first time:

Well if I had to pick something that really moved me deeply it would be Solarized from Above and Beyond.
While listing to this the first time I briefly experience cosmic consciousness. So much information came to the surface of my awareness that I just could not process all
at once. I cried the first time while listening as it reminded me of my NDE I had many years ago during which I had cosmic consciousness which takes place on the upper
mental plane. The whole album is actually worth listening to but the last track on this music video really did move me a lot. So I guess this is where my soul resonate from.

From the album Above and Beyond Flow state

Above and Beyond Solarized

Enjoy.

Love and peace

P.

Jim Croce's I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song. When I first heard it, I just broke down crying and my chest felt so heavy. That was the first time a song ever had that effect on me (and I love music). It's like I associated it with pain although it is in fact a feel good music.

Picture this (in your head):
A couple of years ago during a total lockdown because of Covid, I traveled by train to my parents. This was allowed because I was their caregiver and they depended on me. It was evening, total darkness, me in an almost empty train. I had to change trains at Rotterdam Central Station. Everything was empty, and eary because this train station is always crowded with people. I had to wait some time for the next train (low schedule because of the lockdown). I decided to keep myself busy by walking forth and back along the dark empty platform. At that very moment, Spotify (little ears plugged in) decided that I might like the following song, based on my preference for Sufi music. It started playing when I just jumped out of the train. I had never heard it before and the combination of this song and the emptiness and darkness at the railway station made my head spin around. It was as if I was on the edge of life and existence.
Curiously enough, this was exactly the meaning of this piece of music. Of course, I can't understand Persian but I felt the meaning of the content through my soul.

Track: "Existence: Life"
Album: "Rumi Symphony Project: Untold"
Artists: Hafez Nazeri, Shahram Nazeri, Rumy Symphony Project Ensemble

(fun fact, the guy in this clip could easily have been one of my own sons, he looks just like them, haha)

نامدگان و رفتگان ازدو کرانه ی زمان
سوی تو می دوند هان ای تو همیشه درمیان

Hey you, who have always been around! All including those who have already passed away and those who have not yet come to existence (not born yet) are both rushing to you from two horizons of time [i.e. past and future].

پیش وجودت از عدم زنده و مرده را چه غم ؟
کز نفس تو دم به دم می شنویم بوی جان

With your existence, what would cause the living and the dead to be worried about inexistence at all?
We smell the scent of life from your breath every moment…

پیش تو جامه در برم نعره زند که بر درم
آمدمت که بنگرم گریه نمی دهد امان

In your presence, the clothes on my body yell that “tear me!”…
I came to gaze at you, but tears don’t let me…

آه که می زند برون ، از سر و سینه موج خون
من چه کنم که از درون دست تو می کشد کمان

Alas, the wave of blood is jumping out of the head and the chest…
What can I do? Since this is because a bow is pulled back by your own hands inside me…

Do you ever hear a piece of music and just feel it belongs somewhere inside you? That you can't stop listening to it no matter how many times it's played - and it's not a memory or even a nostalgia thing, it just feels like it belongs right there with you? It's more than just liking the music or appreciating it - it's more like it's something which fits you perfectly, like a jigsaw puzzle, and speaks for you without words having to. I thought it would be nice to share pieces of music that we feel express our souls - sort of like a musical representation of them. I really only get this with instrumental music (only once did I feel something for a song with lyrics). I have three in particular that I am particularly drawn to which I feel sum me up. Please feel free to share yours too.

(This is the peaceful side to me. It's what I'd ideally have without the others - even though obviously there's a strange beauty in the other two as well and they are crucial in their own right. This one particular track, though I don't know why, really represents a sense of calm and makes me feel like the other two were worth it just to get to this one. I haven't actually played the Sims either ... Lol.

SkypeSpitfire,

Anything that Enya sings in Gaelic truly move's me very deeply. It like other worldly to me. Perhaps it's because I have had past lives in both Ireland and Scotland during the 10th, 11th and 12th centuries.

Peace and love always...

Polaris

"Spirit in the Sky" contains lyrics about the afterlife, making several references to Jesus, although Greenbaum is Jewish. This is a happy song with a happy ending!

Matisyahu - King Without A Crown

“What's this feeling?
My love will rip a hole in the ceiling
Givin' myself to you from the essence of my being
Sing to my god all these songs of love and healing”

“Strip away the layers and reveal your soul
Got to give yourself up and then you become whole
You're a slave to yourself and you don't even know
You want to live the fast life but your brain moves slow
If you're trying to stay high then you're bound to stay low
You want God but you can't deflate your ego”

“You're looking for help from God you say he couldn't be found
Looking up to the sky and searchin' beneath the ground
Like a King without his Crown”

We have already arrived, there is no place to go but here, right now, this moment, this very moment and we just need to realize the love - these are the words this song speaks to my soul.

Music is great!!! im constantly listening to music. i like quite a fair few types of music but i havent really experineced the 'calming music' as such. i can think of a few songs atm that have quite a good meaning. these are both by Katy Perry- one is Rise- i think this one as is saying no matter how much you fall you can rise again. the other is also by katy Perry and its called Chained to the Rhythm. its a great song with a great meaning to it as well

Songs that speak to my soul..I have 3.

1:Two out of three ain't bad ( Meatloaf)

2: Against the Wind ( Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band): Down

3: Love Stinks ( J Geils Band)

the song that resonates with my soul is brave heart from digimon. When ever I hear it it feels like I digivolved. I always feel this pool of confidence and fire rise up. but its not violent its more like a controlled burn.

My hyper-active amygdala makes it very difficult for me to cope when I am suddenly faced with a problem, especially involving people. Disappointment or anger on the part of people close to me is an absolute anxiety trigger for me, and oftentimes, the first thought I jump to is, okay. I’ll leave. I don’t deserve these people. I’m causing so much pain. I go into hyperdrive and end up cutting ties altogether. Guilt has been, a very substantial part of my life, and I have a horrendous time dealing with it. As such, THIS song, practically reads my mind.

Back