Music that resonates with your soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SkyeSpitfire, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

2. Benny Price

Benny Price Member

Music is a fascinating subject when it comes to incarnating into this reality, and past life connections. Close to the time and place I was born, Suzanne Vega was born. Years ago I wrote a song called Blue Eyed Nadine, and after finding out about my shared birth day with Suzanne Vega, I looked up her biography and found out her middle name is Nadine, like the song I wrote.

I had thought about a career in music, so I studied Astrocartography to find where my sun sign shines, to become popular, and it's on the east coast, where Suzanne Vega moved as a child. I moved there for a short time, but I hated all the attention, because I love my privacy.

Several times, in songs I have written, I've included names to people I've known from past lives, and found in the future.

One of the stranger things that happened was with a song I wrote called Free Falling, based on something my ex-wife had said to me as we were breaking up. While I was writing the song over several days, Sting and Tom Petty showed up in my dreams, which I found flattering, but I couldn't figure out why they wanted to hang out with me. A year or more later Tom Petty recorded a song with the same title and premise as the one I had written.

Years later I met with a forum friend that had dated one of the band members in Sting's band, and they had written a song based on something she said to her boyfriend. While she was playing solitaire she held a queen of hearts up to her boyfriend and said something like, see this, that's not the shape of my heart. She hated that time of her life, so I didn't get a lot of details. It sounded like she went through a lot of pain because of that relationship.

This is weird, when I did a Youtube search for sting, it was the first song that showed up.

P.S. My real first name is Tom, and when I was a kid we used to drive up to the mountains to go fishing, and would drive past this small community called Tom's Place, and I always wanted to eat at the diner there, but we never stopped.

I have to wonder about Suzanne Vega's song, being I wrote a song with her name in it.

When I heard this song for the first time it really pissed me off, because I knew she was talking about William Holden, and I really liked his movies, and I wondered how it was she had never heard of him.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    glia21 and fireflydancing like this.
  3. Benny Price

Benny Price Member

And speaking of Suzanne Vega, I picked up on 9/11 many times before it happened, and I even had a date in Manhattan where we were going to be at the Twin Towers on 9/11.

It seems Suzanne Vega also picked up on 9/11 with this 1997 song:

The most disturbing thing about the song is not 9/11, but what's coming up for the future of NYC, which I have also picked up on.

The clues for the future of NYC are painted on the walls.

4. SALCa20

SALCa20 chev the monk on the mount

I think music that would is your own original music, from voice or intrument, I hope to make a invention for audio or find one in the future to be able to make any audio sound output from speakers using brain

5. Harper.

Harper. Banned by Moderators

This is me,

6. glia21

glia21 Senior Registered

One song that catches my mood quite precisely, last days of my PL, as I was planning to go and meet an old love of mine and my son who I had not seen for almost a decade, is Bruce Springsteens "Thunderroad".
    At the time of the accident that caused my death I was listening to 60ies songs though. And while Thunderroad still has a lot of hope and eagerness to me, these 1960s songs like HaHa said the clown, Ruby Tuesday, The Letter, and such hold a great despair but also a great attraction.

7. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

I listen to all sorts of present-day music, though I veer a lot in the direction of traditional folk melodies from across multiple countries.

I do tend to like my music with the rough edges left on, rather than refined and polished. Sometimes I hear stuff say on the radio or on a compilation CD and it just stops me in my tracks. Example of this:

and

I find those surprising, I'm not religious and these are very unlike anything I might hear in a church, it is both unknown yet disturbingly familiar.

Then there's the Mediaeval stuff, I really lose myself listening to this:

I like the percussion starting from about 11 minutes in that last recording.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    WhiteRose likes this.
  8. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Ah, I don't concentrate much at all on my former time as a troubadour/trouvere in early Medieval France, but those first two extracts take me back to something close, particularly their unrefined roughness. I sang like that. It got me into all kinds of trouble.

Speedwell likes this.
  9. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Anybody else get anything from this? It's absolutely mesmerizing

Speedwell likes this.
  10. WhiteRose

WhiteRose Active Member

To be honest now i rarely listen to ANY present day music i only majority of the time listen to medieval/renaissance music because it calls out to me so much, puts me in a trance and takes me place. these ones put me into a state of home, a state of comfort, a state of "Me". i had this odd strong emotional connection to the middle ages and renaissance times of Ol' Henry VIII and Lizzie I and never new why. i had the connection for almost two years (sine sep or oct 2017) and it hasn't went away no matter HOW many times i try to get rid of the connection by trying to "ease" myself, settle into present day i just can't its like my subconscious got lost in the middle ages and renaissance age...