My 2 year old

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Boopy, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Boopy

Boopy New Member

Hi

My 2 year old daughter has started talking about things which I think could possibly be from a past life.

It started when she was walking upstairs with me and she said "when there's a fire in this house, we will out the cat in a box so she doesn't get scared and run away when we take her outside". I thought this was an odd thing to say but thought maybe my husband had been talking to her about fire safety. She then went on to say that when her dress catches fire, she will live in a white box and I will carry this white box and will be crying. I told her that her dress won't catch fire and she told me it will and I will cry while carrying the white box that she will sleep in. She was very matter of fact about this and then changed the subject.

Since this event, she has been saying words and phrases which seem very old for her and are phrases which we don't use as a family. For example when asked what sandwich she would like she asked for a cheese and cold meat sandwich.

Things had been pretty quite from her since the first event till last week. We were in the car and she said that he pet was dead. I said that he was. She then said that when she was a big girl she died. I said that she hadn't died and she replied that she had. She told me that when she had been a big girl and didn't live in our house with me and her dad she had had a serious accident on her bicycle and had been seriously hurt and that she had died. She also told me that her bicycle had a big wheel at the front. Again she was very matter of fact.

I'm not sure what to do with the information she is telling me and I'm also not sure if any of this has anything to do with recent behaviour changes in her and am interested in other people's thoughts

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum. Yes, I think your daughter is talking about one or more of her past lives. Start keeping a journal and write everything down that sounds like it might be past life related. She is at the right age for this. Many children talk about past life memories when they are between ages 2-7 or so. You can ask her open ended questions when she is in this state of mind. Best times are when they are sleepy or riding in a car. Carol Bowman has written two books called "Children's Past Lives" and "Return From Heaven". There is a lot of information in them. Also look through the children's section of the forum. There are many amazing stories here. Also look at the video section and suggested books section.

Regarding what your daughter has said so far: Bikes with large front wheels were popular in the late 1800s. Say 1870-1895. I think it was mainly city people and mainly males who rode them. It sounds like she (or he) was killed in a bike accident. This was common as they would be easily thrown over the handle bars. See below. The white dress and being carried in a box sounds to me like she was cremated. That could be a clue as to where this was as most western or Christian countries did not approve of cremation until the 1960s. Keep us posted on new developments. She sounds like she will have a lot to say about her past lives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny-farthing

3. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

I think another possibility is that the "white box" actually was a coffin. It is unlikely that a two-years-old knows the correct word and this would be a somewhat accurate description...Just a thought...

4. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi Boopy

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, it sounds like a past life memory to me. Having your dress catch fire was actually a relatively common hazard back in the days of big flouncy dresses and open fires. It is possible she is talking about two different lives - one where she died in a fire, and another one from an accident on a Penny Farthing as argonne says. Again, it's not uncommon to remember more than one life. All of us have had dozens and dozens of lives, but usually only remember bits and pieces of a few, if that.

I would not worry about it at all. Just accept what she tells you and go along with it. Ask her open ended questions like 'Oh really, then what happened...?' and things like this just as you would if she was talking about anything else. Try to resist the temptation to tell her she's wrong and contradict her as this will drive it underground and probably cause her more confusion or make her think there is something 'wrong' with her.

Hopefully she won't have nightmares about it, but if she does just give her a cuddle and remind her that it is all in the past and she is safe now.

Children often seem to get into a 'trancelike' state when driving in the car or around bath time or bed time when they are a bit sleepy and relaxed, and will be more likely to mention things like this then. Most kids grow out of it about age 5 -7 or so and will no longer remember. Write it all down now for her. She may be more interested when she is older.

Carol's book is always recommended reading. You can find the first chapter here: Children's past lives: Chapter one

What sort of 'behaviour changes' do you mean? Two year olds notoriously go through a bit of a stage of being contrary and very fond of the word 'no'. It is often in response to their language not quite keeping up with their thought processes and feelings of frustration and powerlessness when they feel their will is being crossed. It's all part of growing up, but is there something more than that going on?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
  5. mommaof4

mommaof4 New Member

It could be a big wheel bike like this from the 70's. They were popular back then.

Big-Wheel.jpg

/monthly_2015_07/Big-Wheel.jpg.bc0bd75176d32177e3d7430db1a8e98c.jpg

6. sofiajt

sofiajt Sofia

I am a firm believer that remembering a past life gives us a chance to recover from past traumas. Definitely recommend you read Carol's book, it's a life saver. You can help your daughter process her past death so that in this life she doesn't have to carry that with her always. So she doesn't develop any unprocessed fears to an early traumatic death. Asking your daughter questions is a great way of helping her do so.

7. DonnaQuillen

DonnaQuillen New Member

I think she needs a good and playful environment so that she can stay away from all the negative thoughts and vibes from her. You can enroll her to a preschool or day care centre where she can adjust comfortably. It this is not the solution for her, the must must consult a good physiatrist who can help her.