My 2-yr-old obsessed with past life... Need help

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by sofiajt, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

You are doing well with her. I am glad to hear all the progress you have made. After the plane crash recently I asked a friend what would happen if you fell from a plane and he said you freeze to death and it would be all over very quickly. My bet is neither of you felt anything once thrown out of the plane.

I am glad you both decided to come back together. This time you can enjoy life :)

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

It depends on the height of the plane. In any case I think the soul would leave the body before impact, the same as the 9-11 victims and others report. BTW, I read news reports in the 1970's that the U.S. did the same thing during the Viet Nam War. Throwing Viet Cong prisoners out of Huey helicopters in order to get information out of them.

3. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

So glad to hear she is doing better!

4. sofiajt

sofiajt Sofia

Thanks so much for the encouragement and support on the school thing... :D Sometimes is hard to make decisions based on an issue that you can't really share with everyone, but I knew you would understand... Our priority right now is that my daughter gets her past life out of her system, in a way, and that she feels safe, confident, and taken care of.

Thanks for the tips on the plane thing. It always help to think about how it really happened, maybe I can guide her somehow, but no rush. Everything has its own timing.

By the way, I don't know if I channel something but it seems every time I write on this forum my daughter has an episode. Yesterday she woke up really afraid, irritable, and tense and it took me a while to figure out that it was because she had had a nightmare. When I asked, she told me that the cops had been beating her and felt exhausted, but what is interesting is that she put her dad in the dream who ended up protecting her from the "bad men" and driving them away. It's the first time she does that. She said he had bigger boots than the bad men did... I'm happy he makes her feel safe.

But what I wanted to share with other parents out there is that we had a really hard day yesterday. I mean, she was in such a bad mood for most of the morning, didn't want to eat, didn't want to follow instructions on even basic stuff, forget about potty-training for the day. Everything was a huge struggle, and my internal struggle was to keep calm as best as I could... But by midday, I was soooooo tired. Little kids can be so exhausting. I'm guessing it happens to everyone but the key here is that I have to force myself to stay calm because I don't want to trigger anything. She's already dealing with so much. So, keeping calm but also putting my foot down on certain things is really hard. It reminds me of my friend Ukwood on the other thread... It's not always easy not raising your voice at a little kid, but kids with trauma tend to connect the two, so it feels like an extra challenge.

I was lucky that dad didn't have to work in the afternoon so when I told him what was going on (actually my daughter made a point of telling him about the nightmare, which she doesn't usually do. That she feels comfortable sharing that makes me super happy), he took her out. They spent all afternoon in the park, out with friends, playing. She was doing so much better when she came back... Back to her usual self.

One day at a time...

5. argonne1918

I wonder if she knew her dad in a past life? Have you asked her or has she ever talked about it? Since she has told you that you were with her before maybe she knew both of you before.

6. Mama2HRB

There is a chance your daughter will never "get it out of her system". Mine never did. What I can tell you, now that my daughter is an adult, that if she knows you are there for her 100% and you listen and help, even just hold her, she will be okay with it all.

I have had to make many decisions that people who did not know thought I was being mean. For instance, I could not allow her to go to the Holocaust Museum without me ... I cannot even imagine what would have happened when the memories came flooding back ... and I wasn't there ... and the repercussions from her friends ....

So, to you I say, do what is best for your daughter and when people ask questions just smile and move along. It worked for me.

((Hugs))

7. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

I know what it's like. Little kids can really drive you nuts, especially if they're in a bad mood, for whatever reason, whether they're getting a cold, or haven't had enough sleep or are just feeling cranky.

Yelling at kids is not the best way to get them to behave in any case, so you will need to find other ways to assert yourself and not just because of trauma, but because it's just not a good technique and won't serve you well in the longer term.

With my kids, when they were small, I'd have a three part system:

1. Ask nicely (Come on sweetie, let's put those shoes on...)

2. Ask less nicely (Put your shoes on now please)

3. Threaten a consequence (If you don't hurry up, you'll run out of time for your story / If you keep being naughty I'll have to put you in your room for a while / Only good children are allowed to have an ice cream at the shops ...)

They got the idea pretty quickly that it's better to do it when asked the first time and I didn't have to yell at them and still don't now that they're big. I used the same system right up into their late teens and it still worked. (Boys who are too immature to do their homework, are not mature enough to drive the car...) :)

The 'threat' has to be something small that they believe you will do (and you are fully prepared to do) and it's going to happen immediately. Things too far into the future make no sense to little kids. Don't bribe them with treats for being good, because they wake up to that one pretty quickly. A mixture of 'carrot and stick' works best when dealing with a stubborn or moody toddler. :)

8. Mama2HRB

Great ideas, T. I will pass them along to my daughter, I know she has her hands full with her almost 2 year old.

My siblings never did get the message .. they screamed, yelled, hit their kids. Their homes were always full of chaos.

I quietly explained why and took things when they were really bad. Mine are quiet and respectful.

Children really do learn what they live. Well .... until they become teens. LOL

9. starchild

starchild Senior Registered

sofiajt, I have been following your daughters story quietly for a while. I find it so fascinating and scary and wonderful and am so glad that you were able to get thru and help her remember. I don't often post but I do lurk at times.

thank you so much for sharing your story.

10. tanguerra

Works quite well with grownups too, by the way. :)

11. sofiajt

sofiajt Sofia

My little one is fine now

My dear friends,

Sorry I've been absent for so long. So much has been going on that I don´t even know where to begin. We had to leave the country in South America where we were living and moved to the States. It was a painful move because we left due to political persecution not necessarily because we wanted to, yet at the same time, we are so much happier now as a family. We spent a few months living out of suitcases, from one family home to another, until we finally settled up north. Now we have a home, I have a job (I'm lucky to have double citizenship), and my little daughter spends most of her day with dad and is starting to make new friends and learn English. They learn so fast!

I am really summarizing a good five months of running around, but I do want to say that our daughter's memories inspired us to stay strong and move fast and with intention to give her the stability she needed in order to recover. I have to thank Carol too because I mentioned the political instability in my birth country and she encouraged us to distance ourselves from anything that could prompt her for having to relive any traumas and experiences. It is so true we are attracted to them like magnets. At some point in our many lives we get the chance to see that and, if we're lucky, say, no more. If she hadn't remembered, we probably would still be there, waiting.

So I have GRAND news. My daughter has not spoken or said anything about her past life in about 2-3 months. I realize at some point in her life they might come around, but it is just so amazing to see how she has bloomed and is living like any other "normal" kid. Her phobias seem to be gone... No fear of cops, or sirens (she actually really likes firetrucks now). No fear of dogs (she wants one). No fear of dresses (she loves to wear them and usually goes for them first). We went to see fireworks for 4th of July. Nothing. We watched some opera a couple days ago, she got bored. No nightmares (I mean, no past-life nightmares. She has normal kid nightmares like she didn't get the ice cream she wanted). No mention of you-know-who.

The thing is that she does have an amazing memory and likes to talk about our home country, and her cousins and friends. She misses them. But she has parted ways with the fear, and I can see it in her shining eyes how she craves to live, and paint, and dance, and learn. I'm so thankful.

I'm thankful she is doing better and that we as a family are doing better. But I am also thankful we lived what we lived and were given the chance to channel that, as painful as it all was. All of it was worth it if it meant giving my daughter a second chance. A calmer life.

And boy, is she strong-willed! It is going to be a long ride because not only she seems unafraid but fearless. Of course I am not surprised after everything she went through, but I now know a new meaning for patience. I'm thinking hockey team for her teen years...

Much love,

Sofia

12. argonne1918

Wow! This is great news. That's for keeping us informed. More vindication that what Carol is doing is correct.

13. sofiajt

sofiajt Sofia

I couldn't have done it without Carol, and without this forum...

14. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Sofiajt,

Please do keep us posted. And yes...Carol is awesome. I wish there were more regressionists/people like her. I am so happy your little one is doing well and she was able to help you.

15. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Yea! (The world needs more American hockey players.) Good luck in your new home.

16. tanguerra

Good news. Thanks for the update!

17. sofiajt

sofiajt Sofia

Nightmares

Hi Friends!

Just a quick update because I think it's important I keep informing you of what's going on with my daughter. I was talking recently to a friend about her and remembering all that happened last year. The difference is simply amazing, night and day really. I think the biggest difference is that her rage is gone! It's amazing to see her growing into such a happy, loving, quick child.

However, she does have nightmares still once in a while. Once every two, three weeks maybe. Although they have become more part of her subconscious. So know instead of men attacking her or her family, it will be monsters or wolves, but the some of the details are still there. I imagine this is something that could manifest itself throughout her life.

How have you, my friends, coped with the nightmares? Has regression (not that I would regress my daughter, I still think she's too young) help you in your adult life to get past them?

thanks!

Sofia

18. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

My middle child suffered from night terrors. The only thing that *seemed* to help was taking off a blanket after she fell asleep. She would fall asleep cold, but then quickly heat up. The heat, I think, triggered a fight-or-flight response in her, hence the terrors.

Other than that, I would say, just hang in there. These, too, will fade over time.

19. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

I am sorry for your difficulties. I do not thing "messing with anyone's chakra" is wise...for one how do you know the person knows what he/she is doing, further I do not believe that is even possible to do so without some adverse reaction. I strongly suggest that you ignore all this stuff about "closing her chakra", just my 2 cents. Everything is the way it is supposed to be, just comfort her..."