My 6 Year Old Son..

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Mommy2008, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Mommy2008

Mommy2008 Registered

First let me start by saying hello everyone and so happy I found this forum. Here is my story (This just happened) yesterday I took my 6 year old son to the Franklin Institute and everything was going fine, We got down to Franklin Institute and went inside and right after you go in their is a huge Ben Franklin Statue. I said to my son "do you know who this is?" of course I didn't expect him to say he did since he is only in Kindergarten and only 6 years old but what he said freaked me out he said matter of factly "Uh yea I know who that is..It's Ben Franklin" so of course I was startled and asked where he had heard the name from and he responded "Thats me, I was him before" and after this I didn't question him anymore and instead later that day when we got home while dinner was on I was browsing the internet to see if anyone else had heard of this sort of thing and some how I was doing a google search and got up to go check the food I came back and my son was staring blankly at the computer screen I asked him what was wrong and he said "Her.." he pointed to the computer screen where I had a photo of Ben Franklin's wife on the screen and he pointed to her and said "Thats my girl.." I was really thrown off by this and now I'm starting to make look into the fact that maybe he was Ben Franklin but I'm not sure. I did ask him a few questions he wouldn't know like what Ben Franklin invented and he rolled his eyes at me and he goes "I invented Electricity and glasses" I didn't want to press him any further cause he seemed to be getting frustrated with the topic. What do you guys think of this? I am not sure just yet what to make of it but I'm confused and I don't know to process this.

2. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

Wow. That is really something, Mommy2008! I don't have the words of wisdom, just am very impressed and curious. :)

Does your son have very strong interests in science or do things like take things apart to study them, etc.?

3. Mommy2008

Mommy2008 Registered

He actually is extremely smart and loves taking things and putting them together and taking them apart and he does like science a bit. He could sit forever with his Thomas The Train tracks and put them together in ways I wouldnt even think up for example he'll like have them going from the floor to the couch and onto the coffee table or he'll put things under the tracks to make little hills and stuff like that and he loves building with his legos and doing puzzles. From the time he was about two years old he could put together a 42 piece puzzle within minutes. I brought something up to him randomly today because he keeps asking to go back to the franklin institute I worked into the conversation "Did Ben Franklin have kids?" and he nodded and I replied "Oh really? How many?" and he held up 2 fingers and I was puzzled because while doing research yesterday I saw Ben Franklin had two sons and a daughter so I corrected him and said "You mean 3? He had 3 kids" and he actually looked at me with a stern look and replied "No he did not, He only had two! One boy and one girl!" and he was pretty sure of this and later on he was playing with his toys and randomly looked over at me and he said "He has one boy and one girl..Franky is a baby not a child" I thought this was weird and quickly researched it and what I found made my draw drop apparently Franky was Ben & His wifes first child who died from small pox when he was 4 and my son had no way in knowing that. I don't believe in reincarnation and don't know what to think of any of this but he has never talked or brought up anything like this until yesterday when I took him to the Franklin Institute.

4. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I am not qualified to give much advice, however, I would think that it would advisable to get someone credible involved like Carol Bowman or Jim Tucker (although Tucker dropped the ball with James Lininger). And, it would probably be advisable to keep him out of circumstances where he feels forced or embarrassed about it (from peers especially).

5. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Hi Mommy2008

Welcome to the forum.

Wow! That's quite a story. Sounds like a reincarnation story to me. He seems so matter-of-fact about it, doesn't he? Just let him talk about it if he wants to. Trying not to over-react is good. He seems like a bright boy and it doesn't seem to be bothering him, so I would not be concerned about it.

Did you know that Benjamin Franklin himself believed in reincarnation. This is one of his quotes: "I look upon death to be as necessary to the constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." And, "Finding myself to exist in the world, I believe I shall, in some shape or other always exist."

A lot of kids remember past lives. It's more common than you might think. Parents often don't notice or understand when they talk about it though. It usually starts to fade away by the time they are 7 years old or so, but not always.

6. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Yes. Good point. With a famous past life, it's easy for people not to believe it because there have been various frauds and delusional people in the past.

It would probably be wise to have a talk to him about how some people might react badly and while you are fine with it and very interested, maybe it's not a great idea to talk about this in public.

7. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum. When adults claim to have been someone famous in a past life most people are naturally skeptical. But famous people also reincarnate like the rest of us. Your son knows too many accurate details about Ben Franklin for a 6 year old. I believe your son is telling the truth. Take a look around the forum, there is a ton of information here. Also look at the video archives and recommended books. You can ask your son open ended questions. Start keeping a journal and write everything down. In a few years his memories may fade and he won't even remember these conversations. Good books on reincarnation are Carol Bowman's "Children's Past Life Memories" and "Return From Heaven". Also books by Brian Weiss and Jim Tucker.

8. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

For someone who has stated upfront that they are not qualified, I surely have a lot of thoughts in this area.

If he truly remembers his inventions and exploits, school is going to be a drag! Two things that immediately came to me about Franklin was his hollow cane (and oil) and his taking air-baths, maybe you can ask about those things.

Having read some relevant books in this area like Children Time Forgot, Children's Past Lives, Children Who Remember Previous Lives, and Soul Survivor, I get the impression that any direction that you choose has its misgivings and you will at some point think that you should have done something else.

To document it and see it through as the Liningers did in Soul Survivor you will open yourself up to curiosity seekers and such. On the other hand, if it is done properly, it would help the public to understand this whole process a bit better.

I think that I would risk some "eye-rolling" in order to help us get beyond our current misunderstandings about incarnating. Definitely something to think about. If you have not read anything in this area, read Carol's book Children's Past Lives and/or Soul Survivor by the Liningers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  9. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

Great story!

I just like to add that he will likely have this memories fade away with time's passing...SO...it would be nice to take notes and perhaps videos to keep so when he is older he would have some self-reference to understand and realize the mysteries we are often oblivious to. Just an idea...good luck...

10. Sceolme5

Sceolme5 New Member

I'd like to help you but I am not quite sure about it.

11. Krissie

Krissie New Member

wow! I'd love to hear an update as well