My Daughter Emily was my Grandmother

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Blueheart, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

I have been meaning to post more about my daughter Emily for quite some time, but somehow I just never seemed to get around to it. Her recent comment; "When I was a mommy, I would have worn that dress," has spurred me to start writing some of this stuff down.

There were two instances that stand out in my mind as definitive proof, for me anyway, that Emily was once my grandmother. I have a colonial-era tavern sign that I inherited from my mom's parents. It is basically a pointing hand which I hung above my bedroom door.

Emily was at the stage where she was talking in short sentences, but it was not always clear what she was saying, when she noticed the pointing finger for the first time. She stopped and stared at it for a second, and then excitedly turned to me.

"That's at the top of the stairs!"

I think my heart skipped a beat at this moment. My grandparents had, in fact, hung the sign at the top of their basement stairs, but just to be sure I asked Emily to repeat what she had just said. Again, there was mumbling followed by, "top of our stairs!"

Now, we live in a one floor condo. Emily certainly knew what 'stairs' were at this time, but there is no way that she could have known that when I was a little girl, that sign had hung at the top of a staircase. No way at all . . . unless she had seen it for herself.

2. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for the update Blueheart, I'm glad that you're writing all of these things down, even if it's just for something to show Emily when she's older, because in most cases, children begin to forget their past lives when they reach a certain age.

Do you live anywhere near the location that your Grandmother used to live in? It would be interesting to take Emily for a ride around that area and see what kind of reaction she has, if any. I also wonder how she would react to seeing a photo of your Grandmother, if you have any. :)

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thank you for sharing this Blueheart. I love the little things children say - that can mean so much. Has she given you any other signs of being your grandmother? Keeping a journal is so helpful. I look forward to hearing more.

4. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Chris, unfortunately we don't live anywhere near where my grandparent's lived. Someday, perhaps, I'll take her for a ride when we are back home visiting family, but by then the memories may have faded. I have tried to show her some family photos, but she just kept pointing and asking, "Who is that? Who is this?" Even for pictures of her father and I.

Deborah, she has given us lots of signs I'd like to share. I'm trying to gather up the scraps I've jotted things down on. Here is the second big proof I received that Emily was my grandmother:

Before the comment about the pub sign, before Emily could even talk really, we were sitting on my bed looking at the things I had hanging on the walls. That evening she took a particular interest in a painting of a dancing couple I had hanging at the head of my bed. I told Emily, "My grandma painted that for me."

She smiled and then looked me straight in the eye, sort of raising her eyebrows the way one does when they are thinking to themselves - I know - and then deliberately pointed to our wedding picture on the wall 90 degrees from the painting. I have lots of things on my walls; decorations, sayings, photos, etc. What struck me dumb then was out of 20 or so things on the walls, Emily connected two in particular. My wedding picture and the painting my grandmother gave to us as a wedding present.

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I wouldn't let that put you off Blueheart - the memories may have faded from her consciousness by then, but as with all of us, they'll only be buried just below the surface, and seeing her old house and the area where she lived again may trigger a reaction from Emily.

I love the little validation with the painting, thanks for sharing! :)

6. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

This is a wonderful account. I recently spent some time with my sister and her family and was amazed that at the age of 50 I remembered the time she was born (at 19 months) and thinking that one of my good friends was joining me. She has been a brother four times and a sister two times. We have no karma but there is the possiblity that we may develop some to illustrate the differences between us...a choice we can make in the future So far we have supported each other but we come from largely disparate points of view and in the past we were hugely competitive.

I guess what I am trying to say is that every relationship you have is a) for a purpose, b) planned, c) intended to help you, send you in a particular direction, d) most likely a prior soulmate intent on assisting you to fulfil your lifeplan. Nothing is coincidence, everything is expected and the matters you deal with now have been placed before you so that you may learn to deal with them.

This is what I have lived and believe and I hope it helps.

7. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Thank you, usetawas. I remember planning a few circumstances in my life, but having my grandma as my kid was not one of them. Life is strange.

About a year ago, Emily named the figures that came with her dollhouse. She gave the little girl of the family my mom's name. (It is not a common name today.) My mom, on a different occasion, heard Emily talking to the baby figurine. She swears she heard her call the baby Dan. My uncle is my mom's younger brother and his name is Dan. Emily had never met him before that time, and we do not call or write each other.

8. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

We have been decorating for Christmas and Emily has had moments of melancholy inbetween episodes of being really excited about Christmas. I asked her what was wrong. She said that she misses the snow and wants to go to the house that, "matches what we have here." Some of the things she mentioned that "match" were:

The couch - the same color as the couch at my Grandma's house.

The blanket - Used to be my Grandma's.

The clicker - No idea about this one.

The little table - It's unpainted pine. New, but in a style that my Grandma would have liked.

The Christmas tree - Filled with ornaments that used to be my Grandma's.

9. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Hi, Blueheart! I assume your grandmother lived in a colder climate than you do. Has Emily ever seen snow before?

As a sidenote, I noticed in your second to last post that Emily seems to have named dolls in her doll family the way they were in your Grandmother's own family. That reminds me of the James Leininger case where young James (who remembered serving as a pilot on the Natoma bay in a past life) named his action figures Billy, Leon and Walter:

10. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Hi, Jody. Yes, where my Grandma lived for the majority of her life, there was snow at Christmas. Emily and I live in Southern California. She has seen snow once or twice before, when on vacation.

I realize, of course, nothing I noted here would pass the skeptic test. However, I do know my own child. When she said she misses the snow and the other house, I know exactly what she is talking about. Grandma's house on Christmas Eve had a magical quality to it that it is just not possible to recreate in 80 degree (f) weather. When taken in that light, what she said just makes sense.

If, on the other hand, she is not my Grandma, then she is just a child, imagining a house she has never seen, pretending she misses snow she didn't really like, but using her imagination to such an extent that it is negatively affecting her mood for several days at a time.

Interesting about the dolls. Now that you mention it, the girl doll has the same color hair as my mom's. The baby has no hair, and neither does my uncle Dan.

11. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Blueheart:

There is a good reason why you and Emily are together in this lifetime, perhaps you have valuable lessons you can teach her, and perhaps in her own way, she can in turn teach you.

Quite often we trade sexes in a family group, in one lifetime you may be the Father and Emily the Son, and families often reincarnate together, possibly because they are familiar with each other, other times a Soul will strike out on it's own.

Earlier posts suggest keeping a log of when she talks about a Past Life (PL), this is excellent for research and validation, and also makes for good reading.

Don't try to coax the answers about a PL out of her, but let the information come to you naturally, this may require time and patience on your part.

So just keep listening for those "Pearls of Wisdom" from your child, and you'll be amazed at much they can remember about a PL!

12. oreo and ferreo

oreo and ferreo New Member

thats a very interesting post and it must be wonderful for you to have your grandmother back

13. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thank you for the updates blueheart.... I have enjoyed reading along. Please do keep us posted.

14. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Thank you, Deborah, oreo & ferreo, and all who have been reading along. I keep meaning to post a few more of Emily's comments, but with my 50+ hr a week job, a special needs child at home, pre-schooler, and a one year old, life is pretty hectic. I'm lucky if I get a few uninterrupted minutes on the computer each week.

It's funny. I just noticed hydrolad's comment that perhaps Emily can, in turn, teach me. Well, Emily tries to teach me something all the time. She also "teaches" her classmates at school, her big sister, and strangers on the street.

You guessed it. Grandma was a teacher, and a know-it-all. And, by the way, she also loved painting. Here's a little story that might amuse you:

One day, when passing a painted wall in our town, I pointed out to the girls, "Look at that pretty painting!"

Emily, who had just turned three at this time replied in a teacher-ly voice, "A painting on a wall is called a mural."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
  15. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Anyone who listens to Emily talk about her Past Life (PL) experiences as your Grandma and chalks it up to just coincidence is sadly missing the boat!

The information that she conveys in those special moments, strongly suggests to me that Reincarnation plays a major role in this equation, but the critics might charge me with being somewhat biased. ;)

Well Yes! Guilty as charged, your Honor, but my "Average" Brain finds it difficult to explain it any other way, after all, I'll freely admit, as a teenager I accepted Reincarnation mainly on faith and less on logic.

It is thought (by myself and others) that quite often family members reincarnate into groups of people that are familiar with each other already, such as your case in point.

NOT comparing you (or your Grandma) to an item of footwear, but sometimes we choose a lifetime with familiar family members, where the relationship is like a "comfortable" well worn shoe, and I like to believe this is a reward for perhaps, a difficult current lifetime, or maybe a "job well done" in a PL. :)

However with others, some adventurous souls reincarnate outside of their familiar grouping, in order to experience new situations in a future lifetime.

But at any rate, as Deborah so aptly stated, all of us enjoy the updates immensely! :thumbsup:

16. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

We took the girls to play floor hockey recently. This was Emily's first time.

Instead of immitating the other kids trying to make slapshots, Emily walked up to the puck, and carefully placed her feet. When she took her first shot, the stick arched up, across her body, and ended up with the curved end over her left shoulder. A perfect swing, actually . . . if she was still playing golf, as my Grandma used to do.

It took some convincing to explain to her that in hockey, she needs to keep her stick down.

17. Eleni

Eleni New Member

Hi Blueheart!

I have read your account of your daughter Emily being your grandmother. This is wonderful! I wonder how you must feel about seeing your daughter say, do, and express herself like your grandmother?

18. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Most of the time, I'm simply delighted. But it's a contained sort of joy - as if I'm sharing a private joke.

Sometimes, though, it is bittersweet. The relationship has changed, and I still miss my Grandma.

My mom struggles with this more than I do. There are times when she would just like to have a cup of coffee with my Grandma and talk the way they used to do. She just can't do that with a 4 year old.

19. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

It seems that another family member has rejoined our family.

My mom was playing with Emily's cousin the other day. He is 22 months old. They were writing chalk letters on the driveway, so he could learn to spell his current name. My mom asked, "How do you spell your name?" and then pointed to the letters she had written. These are the first letters he learned, so he should have had no trouble reading them.

Instead of reading the current name's letters, however, he spelled out the first three letters of my Grandpa's nickname.

20. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Blueheart, your saga is wonderful...bringing everyone back together to live another generation, simply playing different roles. I feel you have all the proof you need...and there is nothing scientific about it.