My Daughter Emily was my Grandmother

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Blueheart, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Ignotus

Ignotus Senior Registered

You're really lucky... My family isn't not so close (They're missing the warmth..Or maybe its just me).. I have really hoped that one day I'll be reunited with an old friend even if its just for one day or so.. I really miss them. :)

2. pixarfan

pixarfan Member

Your story is just beautiful. My grandma and I were very close, and I'd love it if she'd "come back" to me. I may be jumping the gun here, but I kind of have a feeling she might someday.

I was reading Brian Weiss' "Same Soul, Many Bodies" when I

"heard" my grandma's voice in my head saying "I love you" three times in that distinctive warm voice of hers. I didn't know why.

The very next paragraph I read was about a lady with the same name as me describing her daughter being her deceased grandmother.

Time will tell...

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I hope you keep us posted. :D

4. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

How do the cousins interact with each other? That would be interesting to watch ...

5. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

When the cousin's met last summer, everyone remarked on how good Emily was with him. They played and played, despite the fact that he was 18 months old and she was 4. Makes sense in hindsight . . .

6. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

A few months ago, we had a bit of a reincarnation renaissance in our house. It started one night when the older girls asked to be excused from the dinner table. As they were leaving, our youngest daughter who is 2 years old said to them, "Adieu." (For the record, no one in our house speaks French and none of her kid programs teach French.)

We let that one slide until one afternoon when we started putting up streamers and a banner for a birthday party. The youngest got really excited. My husband and I smiled at her, thinking that she is just now realizing what a birthday party is. We started to explain what we were doing and who's birthday it was, stuff like that, when she pointed to the banner and asked, "for la fette?"

I was stunned for a moment, but quickly replied, "Yes. For the party. For the fette." To which she started shouting something like, "Bouche dan la fette? La bouche dans la fette?"

I hate to admit that what she was saying so fast was beyond my high school French. I seemed to remember that a 'bouche' was a cake, but I had to look it up to be sure.

Anyways, this is a thread about Emily, and as it so often does, one reincarnation half-memory in one person, soon sparked something in someone else.

My mom came to visit us for the birthday and she brought along a bingo game she had bought for the girls. When Emily was told about it she got really excited.

"Bingo! I love bingo!"

"Really?" I asked. "Have you ever played it?"

Emily got a confused look on her face. "Well, actually . . . No," she admitted. "I just know I like it."

Later when we were alone, I asked my mom if Grandma liked to play bingo. She told me that Grandma must have, because my grandma bought it for my mom's 9th birthday. I have thought about this incident a bit over the last few months. How much do we know our parents, really? My mom couldn't say for certain that her mother loved bingo, and there is no one around anymore to ask. This 'fact' can't be checked. We had to take Emily's word for it.

But then a few weeks later, we were stepping into an elevator, just going about the business of the day, when Emily blurted out, "I think (P) is a good name for a boy."

We were not talking about boy's names or anything even remotely like that before she offered this gem. "Do you know anyone by that name?" I asked. "No," she said. "I just like it."

"Interesting," I told her. "Your Great Grandfather's name was (P)."

Just to clarify, the grandfather we were talking about, Emily's great grandfather, just happens to have been the husband of my grandmother, the one who may or may not have liked bingo.

7. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

We had another small validation recently. The girls were finally old enough to watch The Wizard of Oz. Emily's sisters got bored about half-way through, but Emily watched the whole thing. She really giggled when the lion sang "if I Was King of the Forest". It was her favorite part.

Weeks later I mentioned to my mom that the girls had finally seen the movie. It was only then that she told me that the lion was always Grandma's favorite character.

8. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I assume you are keeping a journal or something and writing all of this down. It's very fascinating.

9. Mimic

Mimic New Member

I know that this thread is on your daughter Emily, but her sister's random french speaking is rather interesting. La fĂȘte, is perfectly correct. "Bouche" however doesn't make sense in context.

I do speak some french, and "bouche" is mouth. "Amuse-bouches" however are appetizers, I'm trying to think of similar sounding words. I really find language affinities interesting.

Also, I really found this thread very interesting, thank you for sharing.

10. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

argonne1918 - I wish I could say it was a journal. Mostly it is a collection of bits of paper with quotes scribbled on it, and printed out emails shoved into a largely blank book. The forum has certainly helped in this regard. How time does fly!

Mimic - I honestly can not say that I wrote down what she was saying correctly. It just came out of her as she pointed up at the streamers and banner we were hanging up on the wall. Then four stunned adults turned to look at her, until one of us, I can't remember who, said, "Is she speaking French?!? I think that's French!" Meanwhile, my toddler just stared at me, waiting for me to respond, so I said something like, "Yeah. We will have a cake too." That answer seemed to satisfy her, so I left it at that.

She might have been talking about the food, or eating, or something else. I just replied to what I thought she was trying to say (as one does with toddlers, even speaking their native language) Someday, she may get her own thread. . .

pixarfan - I keep hoping to one day see an update of your own.

11. argonne1918

It will be interesting to see if she decides to take French later on in school. Do you have a French-English dictionary? That may come in handy.

12. twolittleloves

twolittleloves New Member

Wow what fascinating memories your daughter has. I enjoyed reading this thread. Also love the french. My daughter seems to have knowledge about other languages and countries etc. beyond her years. I wonder if its past life memories too.

13. argonne1918

YES. I was going to ask you in the other thread if she has spoken any foreign words or talked about locations, etc. Write it down. People here can help with the research.

14. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I would guess it might be PL related. I think "young" souls, who haven't incarnated many times, can be just as intelligent as "old souls" like your daughter, but they are unlikely to possess as much knowledge at an early age.

15. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Thank you, twolittleloves. I had some time this morning, so I dug up this thread.

I saw that your oldest was having some trouble with nightmares. Emily did too, only they were night terrors, not just bad dreams. The scary memories will work themselves out eventually, I suspect.

16. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

I learned something recently about Emily's cousin (mentioned in post #19 in this thread.) I am changing the names below, so I am not sure I can accurately convey just how astounding this new development is to me.

This past year Emily's cousin acquired a new babysitter. The new babysitter's name is Victoria. He calls her Aria.

My Grandmother's name was . . . Something else that she hated. Her siblings called her what she called herself as a young child. She signed her artwork Aria. My grandfather called her Aria.

17. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Can you clarify for me, Blueheart? Correct me if I have the relationships wrong. Emily is the reincarnation of your grandma. Her little boy cousin is your grandpa. He is calling the baby-sitter, Victoria, "Aria", which was your grandma's "pet name". That's astonishing. He obviously remembers something. It would be interesting to see how Emily would react to hearing him call Victoria by his name for her!

18. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Exactly right! Only, I would say Aria was more than just a pet name. Everyone in her generation called her by that name, rather than her given name. My brother and I, of course, just called her Grandma. (The boy cousin is my brother's child. Sorry! I know these connections must be confusing.) If we ever talked about her in front of him, which I doubt we did, but if so, we would have said Grandma.

Anyway, it is just amazing to me that of all the names in the world, he pulled that one out of a hat. It's sort of archaic and certainly not something a three year old would think of if simply listing women's names or making something up. And, he doesn't call her "Oria." It's Aria, with the vowel change.

19. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

We recently went home for a wedding, so all of the cousins got to play together for a while. Some things from the visit stood out to me.

1) Emily's cousin asked my dad, his grandpa, weeks in advance if we could all roast marshmallows at a get-together planned the night after the wedding. It was unprompted, and he had never had them or even seen it done before. His father (my brother) when he found out what his son and dad were up to, kept saying how strange it was, and asked him where he got the idea. Emily's cousin's answer?

"I had a dream about it."

"What happened?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"Sounds like a good dream," I commented.

"It was a nightmare," he said.

2) During dinner that night, Emily's cousin jumped up from his seat and came over to me, at another table in another room. It was the only time he had talked to me all night.

"Can the cousins come with me to Wisconsin this summer?"

I had to tell him probably not. It broke my heart.

A little background . . .

My grandparents had a cabin in Wisconsin. We would spend summers there. The last time the family was all together in this place they loved was for their 50th wedding anniversary. We were going to have a bonfire and roast marshmellows, but as families do, there was a lot of fighting instead. The fire pit was never used.

It seems Emily's cousin wants a do-over.

20. argonne1918

Do you think the cousin is your grandfather?