My Daughter Emily was my Grandmother

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Blueheart, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

I have a wait-and-see attitude, but so far, signs point to yes.

Here's something that made me a little sad. We just got the wedding pictures. At the recessional, Emily's cousin was supposed to walk down the aisle with his little sister and Lilly, followed by Emily and her older sister. I did not see what happened, but with so many little kids involved, there was a mix-up.

The pictures show, Emily's cousin grabbed Emily's hand. So, they walked back down the aisle together, one last time.

Maybe.

2. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Maybe not the "last" time. Their bond sounds very strong, and next time they might not be cousins.

3. kellydoodle

kellydoodle New Member

might help

I'm from New England and we call the remote a "clicker"

4. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

An Emily update is a bit over due.

I think I mentioned in this thread that my Grandma liked to paint? She would have called it a hobby, but it was more than a hobby to her. She would have liked to be an artist, but in those days, women really had only three options open to them: secretary, nurse, or teacher. She chose teacher. Much of the time, she hated it.

Flash forward to today.

Emily is in second grade. She did a school project where she had to research a profession. She chose illustrator. She said that her art teacher "inspired" her. (Art, unfortunately, is not part of the public school curriculum anymore. We paid for after-school classes.) I think her inspiration came from well before art class, but still, it was sweet nevertheless, and may have given her a much needed healing view of the teaching profession, from the opposite side.

5. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

That's because Art is not part of the stupid testing they have to do now. The exception would be a magnet or "gifted" school.

6. McHobbit

McHobbit New Member

Thank you for pointing this threat out to me. Hearing all of this was very inspiring. Emily sounds like a normal, well adjusted little lady which gives me hope for my boy and definitely makes me feel less "crazy".

And art not being part of the curriculum anymore makes me sad- and happy that we are settled down in Germany where it still is and little kids do not have to take "the test". No Child Left Behind is awful.

The story about Emily and her cousin makes me think of an instant when my son threw himself at my grandma and exclaimed "My Doris! My Doris!" when she got teary eyed over missing my grandpa.

7. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

So sweet, McHobbit. The "my" says it all.

Emily did this once when she was three or so. I think I mentioned it somewhere on the forum, but I don't see it in this thread. It must have slipped my mind.

I have a rock that my mom, my grandma, and I found on the shores of a lake when I was very young. It had been worn away by the waves into a heart shape, and my grandma had a thing about hearts, so she kept it. The rock sat on a ledge on the porch of her cabin for many years after that day. When she passed, it came to me.

I put the heart rock on the middle of a bookshelf. When Emily had finally grown tall enough to see what was on that shelf, she exclaimed, all breathless and full of wonder, "It's my heart!" She took it down and held it with both hands like it was fragile.

Love Middle Earth, too, by the way.

8. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

And that ^ just reminded me of another quirky thing about Emily!

The first shape she learned was, not square, and not circle. Emily identified HEARTS before she learned any other shape.

Funny the things that you forget . . .

9. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

I have a similar suspicion...

but your story is quite fascinating. I do not have any such confirmation...

10. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

So . . . I was checking this thread to see how it looked after the upgrade, and I realized forgot to mention something Emily did last Christmas.

Emily and Lilly received some little Hello Kitty figures as gifts. Emily named hers "Mellow Kitty" to distinguish her cat from her sister's. Afterwards, I remembered my grandma used to love to play with words too. Crosswords, word searches, play-on-words; she loved all that stuff.

Anyway, while playing, Emily made her cat do all sorts of mellow things - lying on the couch, too tired to reach for the remote, acting spaced out, etc. and Lilly started to get mad that she "wasn't playing right." So, of course, Emily just kept going, making her cat do more and more outrageous "mellow" things. This, too, was my grandma TO THE LIFE. She would subtly prod people, because it amused her to do so, all the while feigning innocence. It was fun to see.