My daughter has *it*

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Backlit, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Backlit

Backlit New Member

when my now 7 yo daughter was 2, we planned a vacation to Jamaica. I was debating on whether or not to take her to climb a waterfall in my usual neurotic way. A couple of people tried convincing me it was fine to take her, apparently there is an area for little ones. So that night as we lay in bed she turns to me and says, "Mama, I fall down the waterfall."

Mind you she was just 2y 3m old and I had not discussed this in front of her as it was a texting conversation only. Needless to say we skipped the waterfall! I feel this type of connection to all of my kids, but her telepathic ability is uncanny.

Over the years she started asking if she was alive before. She would say things like, "Next time I am born I want to be a bird. So you will have to be born a bird first so you can teach me to fly."

Recently I have been haunted by a feeling of possible past life memories. And on the night these feelings were getting the best of me she had a full on anxiety attack. She didn't know why she was crying, didn't know why she felt sad, I had to distract her with a focusing game to calm her down. At bedtime she started crying again and said that she didn't want me to die before her. She didn't want to be alone- it would be too long until we would get to the next life together. I can't tell if she is developing as an empath (I am very empathic) and picking up on my feelings or if she is also haunted, but too young to verbalized her feelings.

We are catholic and she asked about this in CCD (oh boy, lol) so I had to explain that there is no proof either way and that although she is catholic and Catholicism teaches that people only have one life on earth, she will have to decide for herself what she thinks is true. Without hesitation she said she knows people have more than one life ❤️.

Does anyone have a child like this? I don't know if there is anything I can do to take away her anxieties. I am very new to past live theories but I am learning.

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

It sounds as though you have your hands full with this one. The conflict between your religion and reincarnation will be difficult for you to resolve I imagine, I would suggest reading "Soul survivor" if you are interested in reading about a very similar conflict of beliefs. Reading Carol Bowman's books will be of great benefit to you I think.

Backlit likes this.
  3. Backlit

Backlit New Member

I don't feel conflicted. I didn't grow up with any structured religion. My parents were each a different religion and we practiced nothing. So I have read about a lot of beliefs and am comfortable deciding for myself what I pull from it all. By the time I received my sacraments, I had my own ideas... it is confusing to explain but it's ok in my head, lol! My kids are baptized but I encourage them to learn and decide for themselves, too. Guess that makes me a bad catholic, but I want them to question and learn, not accept what people tell them they have to believe.

I am going to read some of Carol's books, thank you!

fireflydancing likes this.