• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My daughter seems to remember Daddy

MommyChamp

Forgive me but I'm new at this. I am a typical working mom of 2. Happily married for 4 years now and we live a quiet life in Arkansas. Our oldest is now 3 and has just made the second account of speaking as if she knew her Daddy in another life.
My husband is of German decend, but doesn't talk about his family history. Our daughter, a few weeks ago, randomly said "Mommy, Daddy loves us and would never hurt us." She had said this with the most serious look in her eye as she took my hand as if she was trying to comfort me in saying so. I followed by telling her "Baby, why would you ever think that Daddy would hurt us?" She had then lost interest in the conversation and began to play with her ponies.
Tonight I was in the kitchen cooking when I stood behind the couch and started a movie called Defiance. It's about 4 brothers who help the Jews escape the Nazi's and Holocaust. I had no idea that she had crept into the living room and laying on the couch and had caught the bit with Hitler preaching and raising his hand followed by a scene where a Jew had been shot by a Nazi. She had startled me by saying "Oh no mommy he's hurt." and I told her "Yes, sadly a lot of people were hurt baby." she then began to tell me again "Daddy didn't do it Mommy. Daddy is good now." before she lost interest again I asked her "Daddy is always good and Daddy would never hurt anybody." Finally she answered me back with "No, not anymore." OMG
Now I called my husband while he was at work to let him know what our daughter had just told me and I asked him if he ever told her about her family history and he said "No, and I don't want her to know until she's much older and can understand."
I come from a Spanish family who believed in premonitions, "signs", and I even had a great grandmother who claimed to be physic, and my mother has vaguely told me how she felt as though she she has come back reincarnated today from an Indian woman and that she dreams about running bare foot through the woods with her tribe.
Is this possible that my daughter is taking after my side of the family, who knew her Daddy in a past life? I just find it ironic that she has no idea about her family history involving the Nazi's and Holocaust, but she brought up this disturbing recollections as if she knew what she were watching.

Welcome to the forum. Your daughter is at the right age to be remembering past lives. It sounds like she and her dad knew each other in a past life during WWII. The fact that she was not upset about what happened to the Jews in the movie probably means she was not a Jew herself. You need to read Carol Bowman's books "Children's Past Lives" and "Return From Heaven" ASAP. Most of your questions will be answered there. Also start keeping a journal and write down everything that could be past life related. You have already discovered they have to be "in the zone" to remember these things. It's not unusual for them to say something past life and then a few seconds later not remember saying it. You can ask open ended questions. Best time to ask is when they are sleepy or riding in a car.

It's hard to tell exactly what's going on, at least for now. Your daughter might be remembering a past life. Or she might be picking up some psychic or subliminal cues from her dad. Or possibly she has recently learned that not all dads are nice, and wants to reassure herself that hers is okay.

If she brings the subject up again, you could try asking her why she wants you to know that daddy is good. She may or may not be old enough to understand the question, but it's worth a try to find out what specifically is concerning her.

Hi MommyChamp

It certainly sounds like past life memory, doesn't it? This sort of thing is a lot more common than you might think. The fact that your side of the family is more understanding about this kind of thing would help explain why you noticed it. A lot of parents misunderstand or ignore it when their kids say things like this.

It is not uncommon for people to reincarnate again with the same group of friends and family. For some reason people seem to like to stick together. So it is quite possible that your daughter knew her present life daddy before and perhaps, as she says, he was not as nice as he is now. Also, your husband, similarly may have incarnated back into his German family again this time.

It would not be a huge leap to think that perhaps he was a Nazi, or at least a German soldier, in his previous life and that your daughter knew him, whether or not she was also his daughter then?

Hi MommyChamp,

Sure, she could be remembering.

Your daughter does not seem disturbed by it, so I would try not to worry too much. Just agree with her, and let her talk about it, if she wants to. Best of luck!

Thank you so much for sharing with us and keep us updated! There are a lot of resources for children's past lives on Carol's website if you need help dealing with your child's memories and her current behavior. I'm sure you can also reach out to Carol personally who can help you.

Back