My daughter's past life

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by amarillas, Apr 30, 2015.

1. amarillas

amarillas New Member

Hello everyone. My name is Amarillas and I'm new to this site. I am looking to try and find some truth to the story my daughter tells me. Ever since she was about 4yrs old she has told me that she had a redheaded daughter named Ina. Her husband was killed and her daughter was later kidnapped by a man on horseback. It rained everyday where she lived and her house was made out of rocks. She would draw me pictures of her house and portaits of her daughter. She has even cried over her daughter.
    My daughter is now 9yrs old and she refuses to talk to me about it anymore. I got her a doll with red hair and she named her Ina. At times I find her telling the doll that she misses her baby Ina.
    I've tried to research anything on a kidnapped child named Ina, but nothing.

I have never believed in reincarnation, but my views have since changed. Can anyone please help me to understand this.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum. Horseback sounds like it was probably more than 100 years ago. I wonder what language "Ina" is? English? Or something else? We have people here who speak different languages. Maybe they can help. Now that she is 9 her memories are probably starting to fade. It may help to start a journal and write down what you remember her telling you. If she says or does anything new you can add to the journal. Take a look around the forum, especially the children's memories section. There are some amazing stories there. Also look at the video archives section. Have you read any books on reincarnation? There is a recommended book list.

3. amarillas

amarillas New Member

Thank you and I will take a look at some books.

4. Carol

Carol Author

Hi Amarillas,

Is your daughter still troubled by her memories? Does she have any behaviors that connect to the story she has told? Abandonment issues, separation anxiety, anything that might relate to the past life event?

If so, let us know. There are ways you can help her.

5. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Ina is not an English name, but I do know a German lady with that name.

6. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Ina is mostly a nickname...

7. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

Yes, Ina is a name that does indeed exist here in Germany but it is not a nickname but a normal first name. It is more common in women born in the 1960s/1970s than it is in children nowadays.

8. argonne1918

How common would it have been before 1900?

9. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

Argonne, I am not sure. I checked a list with famous "Ina's" and three of them were born before 1900, so the name did exist then. Also, it seems to be indeed also an abbreviation for names ending with -ina (Karolina, Martina, Katharina, Karina...). "Ina" is unusual as an abbreviation today, I didn't even known it was used that way before I checked. Karolina, for example, is an old-fashioned name which was more common during the 19th century than it is today...

10. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

Although, working in a hospital in the UK, I have met several old ladies called Ina. My own great, great aunt went by that name. So it was used in English too.

11. argonne1918

Interesting. I guess Karolina would be Carolyn in English. Any Ina's around Queen Victoria?

12. The wanderer

The wanderer New Member

An acquaintance of mine is called Ina (Wilhelmina) and comes from a long line of them, they are Scots.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  13. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

I agree with The wanderer, my friend's grandma was called Ina and she was from a tiny Scottish island. The raining every day seems quite Scottish too! And the red-haired child!