My first experience with past life theory

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Jaimie, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:19 AM.

1. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi !

I'd like my story to be kept here hoping it can perhaps be of some help to someone else who come here with experiences of flashbacks, memories, doubts and what have you concerning the subject of reincarnation.

When I was in the US when I was young I got tons of flashbacks from someone else's life. It almost ruined my entire vacation because I was so affected by it. I did not know about reincarnation and my family and friends was not into religion, paranormal so I did not know what it could be.

I went back to my own country in Europe and was busy with life but the flashbacks would not stop coming.

I never saw her and me as the same, maybe because my identity was so strong in myself. Also I always knew something bad was going to happen. Like my soul knew of this grief, this rage and I did not want to go there.

Most important were the flashbacks of the people close to her, the ones in her heart. It was so super strange to find yourself loving someone else so much and yet I had never met that person in my own life and tried to tell myself the logical explanation that my brain had made that person up. When I saw a photograph of a loved one I was really shaken by it. I just began to cry. I don't cry easily.

I thought if I told anyone of this I would be told it was only in my head. I did not know what it was. What to do about it. I became accustomed to it being in my shadow. Years went by.

One day I found her and the people I had remembered. Because she had known someone in show business I could identify her through him and then find more and more things that matched my flashbacks. It was crazy. I realize I am one of the fortunate ones to have been able to find one validation after another but at the same time I was puzzled because I never felt the need to have been her. I would tell myself that I must have been given the information of seen one of his movies or read an article and then forgotten all about it...but that would not explain the intimate, detailed memories I have, things that no one knew at the present time but that a friend and later a psychiatrist's extracts from journal would for example prove to have happened.

I learned one thing. Famous people are just people. People are just people. Fame can come and go too. It isn't the case of them and us. Usually it is an occupation that hold fame in it's hand but then again there are so many occupations in show business that does not rely on fame or media popularity. It is a real world there too. An every day life. I saw the back side to it. How career interfered with personal happiness and choices. That it divided a family from being like any other family where the husband got home after work and they were all together. I saw the positive things like luxury but the strange thing was that I could feel that she was almost constantly worried about money. This while she, to me at least, lived in luxury with her husband. She was watched and tense and having to feel that she had to be presentable. The difficult feelings of heartbreak, depression and fear dominated but also there was strong feelings of love, happiness and feeling of peace.

She had fought depression, on and off, in that life and I could tell this came early in her life, when she was a child to then go away. It happened again when her boyfriend at the time was aggressive when forcing himself upon her when she was not ready and when she was young and thought they would wait til the wedding night if that was to come. She always knew in her heart that this kind of behavior would never be OK and could not continue the relationship even if he and her family wanted her to. Her husband to be could be hot tempered but he would never try to force himself upon her like that and he understood that something bad had happened to her in her past. I think she feared consequences and could not really handle the situation so she never told her husband the name of the old boyfriend who had done this even if he really tried to get it out of her. I could hear her say "I Can't talk about it! I won't talk about it!". Knowing him he would look him up, but he wouldn't even tell her about it.

I could tell she wanted out mostly out of fear and anger but that she still loved her husband. His hot temper frighten her. I realized I was watching a marriage get teared down, I experienced it's up and lows. I think they tried to get help, it was when I felt as her depressed and him not understanding what it was. He had never seen her like this. I could tell by then that she was so fed up with all their arguing and fighting and was really grieving the end of their marriage when he still thought it was bad but it wasn't that bad. I could tell that they got help by a psychiatrist who realized why she was depressed and what could be done about it. I could tell that her husband changed his attitude and became supportive. Even so the marriage did not last. I remember when she asked him for a divorce when he instead wanted her to go and sleep on it as he was to pack a bag and leave and spend the night somewhere else. I've never seen anyone pack a bag like that, he was so angry and she was in a corner of a room holding her breath. I remember him telling her she had a lot of growing up to do. That he would call her tomorrow and that she better pick up.
    One of the earliest memories I have of him is that she is opening a door and he stands there carrying one of their children and his face, his eyes tell her of all his emotions and they said very little to one another but I could tell she was polite and said thank you when he handed the child over to her. That she wanted to look away because tears were starting to show or her voice would start to tremble. She felt all dry in her throat. Heavy in her heart. I could tell that even if they were no more that she had from the start as a mother taught her child to adore father and tell the child the love the father felt for the child even and especially when he was not around. I could tell they still acted as a family without being a couple anymore but it was because they were parents. One time when they were divorced she was waiting at an airport and as her ex husband came she said to a child that daddy was here in a positive way and pointing at his direction. One of the things I appreciated getting a flashback of was when she was greeted by her former mother-in-law, she treated her as if she was her daughter. I think she/I had lots of fear that his family and friends would turn against her but from what I could tell they didn't.

It was a friend of mine that told me about reincarnation and we both remembered who we had been in that life and we had been friends in that past life as well which is pretty amazing I think. She would describe this husband, she had memories that were detailed and was spot on when she could not have known, when I had not told her. Even if I had not mentioned it to my friend she described memories where she could tell "I" had seemed sad, introverted and careful about what words came out of my mouth. She had gotten worried about "me" and talked to "my" husband about it.

When I was little I would have a nightmare that freaked me and my family out from the very beginning. I realized it was about the way she died. I wish it was only fantasy, a bad nightmare.

/Jaimie

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 4:37 PM
    SeaAndSky likes this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Jaimie, I appreciate your contributions to this forum and starting this thread because I was thinking along these lines myself today. I don't want to hijack your thread, but my thoughts fit with your title. I share your conclusions, but have never had as much revealed to me as you have.
    What I've mainly had are what I call "knowings" and paranormal experiences. Today I found myself thinking/realizing that what I've expressed before is correct yet not formulated properly; we need to allow the experiences to occur as intended rather than "preach" it to others to get them to "understand", as much as I'd love to chat with someone locally, it is a "gift" (both wanted and unwanted) that is used to nudge us in some way in this lifetime, to help us to understand what we are dealing with, to finish something left unfinished, or otherwise guide us. It's personal,real, and less helpful in helping others learn their "tasks" in this lifetime, yet adding comfort/authentication to those of us that have had some exposure to it.
    We tend to want to teach, coach, and maximize things where as I think it is something that we must come by through our own experiences.
    I found it interesting that my daughter, who recently started a thread, and I have shared our experiences yet we have not talked in depth about them - just accepting them as bits of information that the other feels is true; no big deal.
    My posting of my recent validation is somewhat embarrassing now, but it was an honest outpouring of excitement after receiving the validation that I had asked for.

fireflydancing, Jaimie and SeaAndSky like this.
  3. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

( Oh, I forgot to mention before that the way she asked for divorce was the way it was later told by her estranged husband what had happened that I found much later in a document )