My first past life regression

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by melon04, Dec 30, 2021.

1. melon04

melon04 Senior Member

I am a 17-year-old trans male of biracial White and East Asian descent. I decided to try a past life regression purely out of curiosity I was raised as an evangelical so obviously I wasn't brought up believing in reincarnation; however I no longer identify as such (I actually hate evangelicalism now) and now I identify as an agnostic theist. But I am still kind of skeptical about reincarnation.

I saw my past life through this video. When I did it, I saw that I was a Jewish wood carver living in Germany during the early 17th century (the year 1645 specifically came to mind). I think my first name was Johann but I couldn't remember my last name. I didn't see any memories specifically related to being Jewish but I still could tell because my physical features were obviously Jewish (nose, tanned skin, etc) and during the whole session I was thinking about the antisemitism. I was tall and somewhat muscular and my face reminded me of AZ from Pokémon.

I didn't see anything from my early life. The first thing I saw from that time period was the crowded town with many people. I saw myself making woodcuts (obvious, remember what I said earlier) and at one point I was selling apples. I had a wife and two children, a son and a daughter. My wife during this lifetime is currently my younger sister in this lifetime (!??!?!??!!). I remember sitting at home with my family. Unfortunately, my daughter died when she was 17 and I saw myself with my wife visiting her grave. I died suddenly in bed when I was in my 60s.

I saw literally nothing really special or notable happen. The whole time during the regression I just got this depressed vibe, but there was nothing disturbing or traumatizing about it. And right after I was done with it I was just thinking "this is boring, this kinda sucks actually". But I also got this urge to research stuff related to the things I saw. There is still a skeptical part of me that I made up the stuff I saw (or at least partially so, since it was kind of hard to concentrate at times mainly due to my autism and ADHD). But the weird thing is that the more I thought about it and the more I did research about it, it actually made a lot of sense and was consistent with the things I read about which is weird.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Melon,

Welcome to the board. My initial question is: Why this particular past lifetime? Was there something in the video that guided you to this one?

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Best to avoid hatred.

3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

A warm welcome to you, melon.

Your PL to me doesn't sound boring at all. On the contrary: I find it interesting to learn more about how it really felt to be a Jewish craftsman in the 17th century. I also wouldn't say there was nothing traumatic: you lost a child. And while something like that happened more often back then, I'd bet it still was a traumatic experience for a parent to bury their child. As a father, you probably felt responsible for the safety of your daughter and maybe even blamed yourself for not having been able to protect her.

Anyway, I hope you'll find out what you need to know.

Ocean, fireflydancing and SeaAndSky like this.
  4. melon04

melon04 Senior Member

I didn't think it was boring now that I thought about it. Only at first I thought so. I already said this in the first post.

Also what I meant by "traumatic" is that there wasn't anything that was relatively disturbing like a few of the other regressions I have read about in the past (such as people who were Holocaust victims).

Also I didn't see myself burying my daughter. Plus I think she died of an illness which was something you couldn't really do anything about back then.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  5. melon04

melon04 Senior Member

I personally don't know.

6. SeaAndSky

Hi Melon,

You may not know this, but there are Jewish ministries dedicated to finding Jews who have reincarnated outside of the Jewish faith/family. The Jews who believe in reincarnation (Gilgul) also mostly believe that Jews return as Jews, with rare exceptions. I tend to wonder whether this lifetime is what came up during your regression because you were, possibly and maybe unconsciously, seeking to find out more about yourself and your true identity. What you got was Jewish. Of course, this is just a wild guess on my part, so . . . .

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Don't be too hard on your current family or their evangelicalism. You are with them and most likely chose them for a purpose. Plus, more of them besides just your younger sister may be souls with whom you have a long term relationship.

7. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Melon,

Welcome to the forum!
    I actually find normal past life memories more interesting than spectacular ones.
    Especially when we are serious about reincarnation. There have been millions and billions of normal everyday lives. The meaning of those lives lies within ourselves, not in others, not in the eyes of an audience.
    There have been a few (health-related) points in my actual life when I was afraid that I was going to die. Never happened, but while waiting for test results the stress was almost unbearable and I'll never forget the emotions that I would have sacrificed anything only to see my children grow up.
    Those moments teach you about your personal priorities in this life. Someone else might have other priorities.
    When you do a regression to a former life without knowing your priorities (purpose?) of that life, it might look dull. But as soon as the emotions from the past kick in, then that past starts to come alive. Like a piece of art you once created.

Emma66, inhaltslos, SeaAndSky and 4 others like this.
  8. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Melon,

After reading your post on your first regression of your PL it kind of reminded of myself when I was much younger. Like you I was raised Baptist. I left the church at 13 yrs old. After that I was agnostic for a time. It was not until many years later as a young adult did I have an NDE which during the experience I became aware that I had lived many other lifetimes before as does all of humanity, as I was experiencing a state of cosmic consciousness during the NDE. The concept of it at the time did not make senses as I really never thought about the eternal nature of the soul from that perspective. Because during the NDE a mass amount of information was being reviled to my conscious mind and it was a bit overwhelming for me at that time. So, it took me a few years afterwards to understand what I had just experienced on a soul level.

Since then, I have become aware of some of my PL. At least those that are relevant to this lifetime anyway. Most of these, lifetime were just average from a human perceptive. And many were hard to view as in those lifetimes' life was short, brutal, full of war, disease, poverty and hard living conditions in some of them. Others that were better in terms of social status and living conditions were better on the surface yet full of mishandling of power and wealth over those less fortune as myself. So what I got from the overall experience was a learning curve of sorts from a soul perceive. Each lifetime seems to fit like hand and glove one after the other on how I evolved and grew from a soul state of consciousness. Yes, there were many mistakes made along the way, yet it was thru those mistakes where I grew the most it seems. Those mistakes temper my inner self to become humbler, loving and open minded as I became aware that all life is inner connected to everything else in the cosmos.

So be patient with yourself in terms of understanding you is the real you! It's not the present personality you are experiencing at this moment. But something far larger and deeper than you can ever imagine. As you are eternal as soul, and you are an individualized spark of consciousness that is unique as there are grains of sand on a sandy beach or stars among the heavens.

Peace and love to you my freind.

P.

fireflydancing and melon04 like this.
  9. melon04

melon04 Senior Member

I do not hate my family, only my dad (this is very long and personal and I will not get into this). My mom is dead and my sisters are fine. I know for sure that my younger sister doesn't identify as a Christian but I am not sure exactly what she is (I suspect atheist though). My older sister still identifies as a Christian but disassociates with evangelicalism. What I meant is that I just hate evangelicalism itself.

Also I guess it is great to know that she and I most likely had a long-term relationship with me. She was born only a little more a year after I was, and my mom said that we did kind of come together.

fireflydancing likes this.
  10. melon04

melon04 Senior Member

Serious question but is it possible for you to make up the memories that you see, and if so how can you tell that what you see is real or fake?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  11. SeekerOfKnowledge

Very good question indeed, melon. Quite a few people keep wondering, including myself.

Besides being able to validate details, there are a few things that can speak for memories to be real:
    - intensity, especially of emotions
    - they just come, and you can't change them (unlike a story you are writing where you can change details and the outcome at will)
    - for spontaneous memories, they come and feel the same way like when something suddenly reminds you of something from your current life from a little longer ago

Other than this, I fear we will have to learn and trust our intuition/gut feeling.

Emma66, melon04 and SeaAndSky like this.
  12. SeaAndSky

Hi Melon,

You would be well advised to read the books of Dr. Brian Weiss on this subject if you haven't already done so. (I think some of his work may also be available in audiobook form on Youtube). He brings a very humane and expert approach to the subject area due to his background as a psychiatrist, and also because he just generally seems to be a very kind person. He was convinced of the validity of past life memories by, among other things, the fact that he could achieve progress and cures by dealing with past life trauma as a reality, just like present life trauma. According to him, this kind of therapeutic result cannot be achieved by treating a patient's fantasies and imaginings as real occurrences that took place in their past, but only when dealing with the real thing.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--This does not prove that your own presumptive memories are "real" past life memories, only that such memories can or might be real memories. As Seeker notes, only you can assure yourself on that point. Plus, not everything that comes out of a regression--especially one not performed under the auspices of a skilled and professional past life regressionist (IMO)--is necessarily entitled to immediate acceptance. Preserve some skepticism. Live with it for awhile and look into it.

SeekerOfKnowledge and melon04 like this.
  13. melon04

melon04 Senior Member

Ok here's the weird part: I've always been kind of sympathetic towards Jews and Judaism and I have never understood antisemitism and why they are such a hated group. So now that I think about it, it actually does make sense that I have had this past life at least once.

Also based on what you said, is there any significance for which past life you see first, or is it completely random?

SeaAndSky and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  14. SeekerOfKnowledge

While the question was for SeaAndSky, I may say something to it.

I believe that what life you see first is chosen by your "own" (in quotation marks, because I also believe that we're all connected, in the other dimensions at least) Higher Self/soul, that you will get something you can handle and/or something that still affects you, that is of special interest for you when you are doing the regression.

What you say about your sympathy with Jewish people is interesting. If it was only that, I wouldn't give too much for it, because from interests and feelings you can only guess what your PL might have been. In combination with actual memories, though... while one can rarely ever rule out cryptomnesia or wishful thinking entirely, I would say it is very likely that your memories were real.
    RL is calling... would have said more otherwise.

Emma66, SeaAndSky and melon04 like this.
  15. SeaAndSky

Hi Melon,

I will go with what Seeker said, with one exception. Was there anything in the regression video that you used that suggested "which" or "what kind of" life you were to remember? If so, there might have been something said that led to this particular PL coming up. So, you may want to review the actual words used. However, either way, I doubt the fact that this particular lifetime came up was purely random chance. IMO, it was either suggested in some way in the video, or it was important for you to know about it at some higher level (or both).

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Antisemitism has a variety of roots, most of which (IMO) trace back to a mixture of jealousy combined with antipathy for the "outsider"--but this is probably too big a topic to get into here, and in-depth discussion seems likely to run afoul of some rule or another, so I'll leave it at that. However, it seems like something you might want to research online, especially in view of what came out of your regression.

melon04 and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  16. SeaAndSky

PPS--In the interest of "full disclosure," I just thought I should add that I am a Christian and an Evangelical in the broader sense of that term. That's not intended as a "Gotcha!" But, I did think you should know, since these are two categories that have come up a few times on this thread. :)

PPPS--Also, just because you might be interested, I'm re-posting some info from an article that has previously been posted on the board related to the percentage of people in the U.S. holding certain spiritual beliefs:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ng-both-religious-and-nonreligious-americans/

Here is the break-down it gives:

[​IMG]

Interestingly, more Catholics than Protestants in the U.S. appear to believe in reincarnation, but even among Evangelicals 19% believe in reincarnation. The most interesting thing to me is how close the religious and unaffiliated tend to be in many areas. The most radical divergence is with regard to the "atheist" category, which comes out pretty low on everything. No surprise there for me. :cool: But it was also interesting to see that the "Nothing in particular" folks came out very strongly in all categories--showing that they don't believe in "nothing in particular" but actually believe in quite a bit (spiritually speaking). :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    melon04 likes this.
  17. Amy1

Amy1 Active Member

The work of Dr Brian Weiss and others doing PL regressions for the purpose of therapy is purely for that purpose only…..therapy! It’s not believed to be authentic memories, unless they are spontaneous, verifiable and usually in a child, 2 to 7 years and it can be proven that it has not come from the other means

18. SeaAndSky

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your view on this. I am not sure what you mean when you say that (1) "PL regressions for the purpose of therapy is purely for that purpose only . . . therapy!" Does this mean that "memories" recovered in this way cannot ever be true memories? I am also somewhat confused by your statement that (2) "It's not believed to be authentic memories unless they are spontaneous, verifiable and usually in a child, 2 to 7 years and it can be proven that it has not come from the other means".

Dr. Weiss used hypnotherapy as a treatment modality to recover repressed memories from adult patients. Contrary to your assertion in (1), above, I can tell you from reading his books that he certainly considered the import of his findings and the validity of the memories recovered to extend beyond therapy for the individual patients involved. Likewise, as far as I know, none of his research and conclusions would meet the standards you have set forth in (2), above.

I think Professor Ian Stevenson's attempt to find subjects that met the criteria you set forth in (2) for scientific studies was very worthwhile as a means of overcoming objections within the scientific community, but doesn't prove that no memories recovered by e.g., hypnosis or other means have objective validity. That was one of the points for citing to Dr. Weiss' position on the matter. (He is not, btw, alone on this point).

Overall, you seem to be taking the position that all putative past life memories are to be considered tainted, untrue and unreliable unless they meet the specific criteria you set forth in (2), which basically seem to line up with Stevenson's research standards. I agree that potential past life memories should be approached with due caution, but your standard of proof seems a bit extreme to me.

Cordially,
    S&S

melon04 likes this.
  19. melon04

melon04 Senior Member

I do fully get that. Also in the first post I did mention doing research right after the regression was over.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  20. Amy1

Amy1 Active Member

It’s just that science is based on evidence in general. For therapy you do whatever is beneficial for the patient. If you don’t agree, that’s fine. That’s your viewpoint.

Peace of mind likes this.
  21. melon04

melon04 Senior Member

I'm not planning on doing any past life regression therapy or anything (well at least not at this time). But I will say that strangely after doing it I did feel better in many ways.

fireflydancing and Amy1 like this.
  22. Amy1

Amy1 Active Member

I totally agree to the therapy aspect

23. SeaAndSky

Hi Amy,

I have some familiarity with the concept of evidence, both scientific and legal. My undergraduate degree is in Physics; however, for graduate work I switched over into Law. I have been a practicing lawyer for more than 40 years. My practice has involved both litigation and transactional work. Most of the latter was involved in patent practice, where I could combine my scientific background with the practice of law. As a general proposition I can tell you that the standards of evidence vary with the field in question. As far as I know, there is no particular agreed standard of evidence in terms of reincarnation from either a legal or scientific standpoint. The field is too controversial, and too new as a field of scientific study to have developed standards that would be acceptable to the scientific community in general. This is especially true as most scientists are materialists and don't even believe such a thing is possible.

Dr. Stevenson's research protocol merely seeks to minimize possible sources for interference or tainting of the evidence presented in the spontaneous memories of young children. From that standpoint, it is just common sense. Dr. Weiss, like Dr. Stevenson, also has impressive credentials as an M.D., Psychiatrist, and researcher in his field (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Weiss). Frankly, I see no reason to consider his approach to the verity of past life memories recovered as part of a sound therapeutic protocol to be any less valid than that of Dr. Stevenson. I respect both men, who are among a small number of ground-breaking pioneers in this field. So, I will merely repeat back to you your comment: "If you don’t agree, that’s fine. That’s your viewpoint." That is not intended as an insult. One cannot say that either approach is more "scientific" or has more evidentiary validity than the other based on established standards for evidence in this field--there are none. All we can do is come to our own conclusions based on our own evaluations of what constitutes relevant and convincing evidence.

Cordially,
    S&S

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  24. Amy1

Amy1 Active Member

25. Amy1

Amy1 Active Member

Well certain standard protocol is followed in scientific research as I understand from my background as Gynaecologist for 45 years… retired now

26. SeaAndSky

Hi Amy,

We may have a different approach to this matter based on our different backgrounds. I suspect, from my own background in Physics, that what would constitute "standard protocol" in scientific research from your standpoint would be equivalent to the criminal standard of proof in trial cases = "beyond a reasonable doubt". However, that is only in criminal cases. For most civil cases, it is only by "a preponderance of the evidence," though civil fraud typically requires a level of proof somewhere in between these two = "by clear and convincing evidence." Hence, the famous outcome in the OJ trial years ago, where OJ was not found guilty of murder as the jury did not find that he committed the crime "beyond a reasonable doubt", but was nonetheless found to have committed the act by a "preponderance of the evidence" in a subsequent civil trial for damages.

For someone who was used to the mathematical certainties of Physics, these types of standards left me aghast when I was first exposed to them in Law School. They seemed incredibly blurry and indefinite. The actual determination of "facts" was rendered even more uncertain by the fact that a fallible human "fact finder" (who might be swayed by their own prejudices and/or the relative skills of the advocates involved) was involved in the application of these already blurry standards. Nonetheless, that is the way critical facts in disputed situations are determined, lives changed, money won or lost, etc. etc. in the world. That is, generally speaking, the best that can be done in the real world out there.

I am also used to the use of expert witnesses in such contexts. I am not an expert in Psychiatry. So, when an expert in Psychiatry says that a cure could not be effected based on treating a fantasy as reality, but only by dealing with real memories, I tend to accept that testimony. Unless, of course, I have the testimony of another expert in the field that says something different, which I do not have at this point. That is the way we use expert witnesses in legal cases. The experts in a particular field also testify as to what they know and what comprises the standard protocols for arriving at that knowledge. So, when someone like Dr. Weiss says that he is convinced of the reality of the memories in patients who he has treated as an expert and professional in his field based on these facts, I have nothing better to go on--absent an expert in the field giving opposing testimony.

At this point, I am not aware of anyone else who is an expert in Psychiatry who has contradicted what he has said (though they may be out there). Likewise, I am not familiar with particular protocols that he has violated in terms of scientific research in the field of past life memories (as far as I know, there are none). For me personally, at least, his testimony would probably constitute "clear and convincing evidence" (as it currently stands unopposed by another expert witness in his field). However, I would not say it is proved "beyond a reasonable doubt" (just because I would not be willing to impose criminal penalties in such a dicey field). The same is true on all counts in terms of the conclusions reached by Dr. Stevenson. Just my 2 cents, as they sometimes say around here.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--I would like to PM you on a related matter if you don't mind. Please let me know.

27. melon04

melon04 Senior Member

The paranormal is inherently too controversial for scientists to study. Other examples besides reincarnation would include ghosts, ESP, and out-of-body experiences. (This isn't necessarily saying that these things exist or don't exist, though.)

Amy1 and Peace of mind like this.
  28. SeaAndSky

Hi Melon,

Well, most don't, but some do--and often suffer for their trouble. This is not because these fields are impossible to study, but mostly because they are seen as betrayers of the standard (current) materialist scientific paradigm. Also, what constitutes evidence in these fields is often fairly subjective and/or difficult or impossible to replicate consistently in a laboratory.

BTW, I would like to reiterate my advice to remain somewhat skeptical. I have a lot of faith in hypnosis when expertly applied. Experts of Dr. Weiss' caliber are IMO generally capable of using hypnosis as a valuable fact-finding tool without implanting suggestions or leading to confabulations. I do not, however, trust the results achieved by inexpert hypnosis to be untainted and/or as trustworthy. When it comes to Youtube videos . . . well, some people seem to get good results. But, . . . .

Cordially,
    S&S

melon04 likes this.
  29. Amy1

Amy1 Active Member

Exactly hypnosis is susceptible to suggestions

melon04 likes this.
  30. The Traveler

The Traveler Senior Registered

Hi to alls and happy new years to all of you guys!
    I seek the melon testimoniance. welcome to the forum, man.
    i am one of the christians that believe also in astrology and PL and astrology can give some insight about PL sometimes, and also give alot of answers reguard motivations and finality of current lifetime of a person, talence, skill and challenges.
    Also if, more that PL, i belive into more returns into the material world. the motivation can be various and numerous.
    i'm not surprise that your wife of another life currently is your sister.
    Sometime reincarnation reguarde not just one, but entire group of souls that live more lives into different histrical contests. time is cyclical at the end. (mostly like a spiral of fibonacci).
    I'm glad that you recover things.
    i ever had by my childhood memories of other lives, but more that remember PL lives complete i remember more the deaths of the other lives.
    i take all for myself until some years ago, cause i live into a place with a retrograde mentality and if i was talking of PL on my childhood or teen age , pretty sure my mother will send me to psychiatry.
    i start of spontaneus remember more stuff of PL, without regressive hypnosis, after i've listened a song, that did me a strange effect of deja vu. )
    i understand you, but try to avoid hate.
    hate call hate, love call love.
    i had also a ton of problems with my father, but now we are into good relation.
    instead, now i have trouble with my mom. but are personal questions.

Well, i hope you will have a good time on forum.
    see ya. :)

melon04 likes this.