• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My memories?

4mysonK

4mysonK
Hi, if you've been reading the Children's Past Lives thread, you've probably seen the post about my son. I've not really told anyone here about my own visions, so here I go.

I do have a question. I did a regression from youtube.com, totally not expecting it would work. I've never been hypnotized, but I thought it was worth a shot. My son had been talking about his "old life," so I became interested.

On my first try, I got VERY clear images, but I feel like if I tell someone about them, they can be dismissed because "you can't be hypnotized off the internet." Also, it came SO easily to me, it was shocking!

I'd like your opinions on all of this, as always. You're all so open and accepting. I just love it!

First, I was directed to think of a train platform where I'd get on a train to take my journey. I had no idea I'd see something before the trip began!

As the speaker was going on about the sounds around me, I looked down and I was wearing a dress, shoes, stockings, and gloves from what looked like the 1940's era. I could see every detail---the fabric and cut of the dress, the ruffles on my gloves as well as the pearly buttons, the straps and buckle on my leather shoes, my light brown stockings, which were kind of "loose" and very unlike stockings today. My conscious mind was thinking, "Am I making this up? Surely I am!" But, there was no changing it. (I have always, always been drawn to that era, especially the music, so it really made me wonder if I was wishing it to be true. Then again, maybe that’s why I feel connected to that time in history.)

I boarded the train and according to the speaker, was supposed to be looking out the window, visualizing the same familiar scene pass by again and again. Instead, I looked ahead of me, and I saw what looked like an old black and white photo, with scalloped edges, seemingly projected into mid-air. It was as if it was a small photograph lit up before me like a movie. The man on it wore a white sailor suit, but no hat. It was a casual picture, with his head cocked back a little and with a big grin on his face. His hair was blonde and wavy. A lot like Jerry Lee Lewis's hair, but trimmed neatly on the bottom and around the edges.

article-1021569-015CF65B00000578-20_468x504.jpg

I wasn't sure what my relationship was with him, but I knew I missed him. I didn't know our names, either.

Then, the speaker told me to get off the train, so I did, still in my 1940's dress. He said I’d come to a door and it would be a color that is very significant in my life. I KNEW it would be red because I’ve always been drawn to red. However, the thing was as green as it could be. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t even make it be red. Consciously, I was trying to prove that I was ‘imagining’ this. Also, I found it strange how aware I was that I was ‘hypnotized.’ It felt perfectly natural and safe.

Anyway, I went through the door, and suddenly, I was in a wheat field, with nothing much around besides rolling hills. I could see a tree line in the distance, but otherwise, I was in wheat up to my elbows. I looked down as I touched what was around me. I could feel how tickly it was on my hands, and to my surprise, when I looked down, my hands were small. I could also see a little patterned dress. Brown with tiny flowers. It was very plain with no real shape to it and came down a few inches below my knees. (I hate wearing dresses, by the way, yet here I am in TWO of them.)

I walked up a hill and on my way, I met two dogs–a white one and a black/white one. They looked almost like Border Collies, but mixed with something else. I could feel how much I adored them and immediately crouched down just a little to hug them. (This is typical. If I see a dog in a commercial on TV, I tear up! I’ve always felt so safe and loved by dogs.)

The speaker told me to find my house, and I did. It was a gray farm-type house, not because it had been painted that color. It was just weathered. I went up the stairs and stepped inside. I was told to look to my left to see a calendar on the wall. I checked, and the date was July 9, 1868. I was then told to look at a diary in my hand, and on it, I would see my name. It simply said—Anne, in sort of an older style of cursive. Then, I looked into a mirror and saw myself. I was a young girl with long blonde hair that looked like it had been braided, dried, then unbraided. Waves, I mean. There was a very small ribbon tying back part of the top.

I was then told to go to my happiest memory. I pictured myself being held and tickled by a smiling man that I knew was my father. Rather than describe him, I’ll just tell you that he looked similar to the actor Jim Caviezel, which is not an actor that ever even crosses my mind. The man was wearing a handmade shirt, which was loose and a bit dingy. His pants were brown and dirty, too. It was Christmas and I could see a Christmas tree in the corner of the room. I knew he loved me very much.

The speaker told me I’d see someone that was very important in my life. I saw an old woman sitting in a chair on the porch of the house. She was thin and frail, and although she looked nothing like my Memaw in this life, I knew it was her. I ran up and put my head in her lap for just a moment, and was almost sad when I had to leave.

I went back to the green door and got onto the platform. Again, I was in the same 1940's dress. On the journey back, I saw the same thing—the projected photo. This time, I knew my name was Maggie and he was Dale. That’s all I gathered from it, and suddenly I was ‘awake.’

Maybe an hour afterward, I was writing all these things down, though they seemed very clear in my mind. I just knew I’d forget it all. I haven’t! Anyway, as I was writing, I lifted my head and said aloud the word “Potomac.” I had no reason to say this word, and although I’d heard of the river (like any kid in elementary history), it made no sense to me. It was as if my mouth spoke before my brain knew anything about it!

I did find this, though. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Potomac_(AG-25)

I will describe the two other memories from regression later.

I just want to know what you guys think. Is it usually this easy to regress? Everything I saw, felt, and experienced seemed like memories. They still do.

Another thing, and maybe Carol or some other experienced person could answer this for me—

I have narcolepsy, which means I frequently hallucinate while awake, have lucid dreams, and engage in automatic behavior. Essentially, I become entranced, even when I don’t want to be. In a nut shell, because my sleep cycle often does not include REM, the deepest state of sleep, my body tries to ‘force’ me into it during the day. I can literally dream on top of reality. I may see a person that isn’t there, but only long enough for me to realize it’s a hallucination. I also experience auditory hallucinations that are so real, people have a hard time convincing me I didn’t hear so-and-so talking in the other room. The automatic behaviors are the same as when people ‘zone out’ while driving, but mine can be extreme. I might be washing dishes for half an hour---automatically, while my brain is taking a little nap. :p I lose time and have severe short-term memory problems when it comes to day-to-day things. For example, I might walk into a room to get something, then as hard as I try, I can’t remember why I’m there. Of course, everyone does this, but I do it quite severely. I hesitated to even tell you guys this because I didn’t want to discredit anything I’ve shared about my son. I can remember in great detail when I make myself take note of it, and I wouldn’t purposely lie or try to fill in the blanks.

Anyway, do you think my ability to go in and out of a trance affects my ability to slip into past life memories? I realize there are probably many people who do this easily, but I wonder specifically if my condition has an effect on it. There is so little research on Narcolepsy that I kind of doubt it’s been brought up, but I’d like anyone’s opinion.

Hiya,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, it was a very interesting read. The fact that you did a regression through youtube doesn't bother me at all - it seems as if it worked for you and I'm curious to give that a try as well :) I think every member on this board has a different way of approaching regression and we also have very different ways of experiencing the past life memories. I can certainly recognize the disbelief in what you experience, the "nah, I'm surely forcing this through". However, often when I reflect upon the experience afterwards I realize that it was real and not my imagination. From what you described, your experience sounds very real too and not a product of imagination (even if it is imagination it may still be significant, as Brian Weiss says, since it's coming from you).

You should definitely keep a journal of your findings! Here are some great threads if you want to pursue this further:

How can I learn about my past lives?

Audio cd's suitable for past life regression

:)

Thanks for sharing. :) It all sounded very genuine to me, too, and there's no reason to dismiss the experience because you used YouTube. I think most of us here use audio tapes to meditate and regress regularly, and it's practically the same method you're using. Some tapes work better for some and worse for others. I think it's great you found immediately one that worked so well for you, and you're lucky to get images that easily. :thumbsup:

I don't know anything about narcolepsy and I don't remember it been discussed on the forum. But I think it's a very interesting thought and theory you're bringing up, and I'd love to hear opinions, if there are people who are familiar with this. :)

Waiting for your next post with the other experiences,

Karoliina

Thanks for the feedback. :) I thought I'd go ahead and post the other two regressions, just to get them out in the open.

2nd regression:

I saw a boy around 16-years-old, sitting in what looked like a kind of stable. There was something like hay scattered around on parts of the ground. I don't think there was an actual floor, just dirt. It was dark inside, but there was sunlight coming from the entrances and windows. There was a fire nearby, but I somehow knew it wasn't for warmth, but for making things in it. The boy was sitting on something (stump? stool?) and holding a metal object that I've never seen. It looked almost like a giant pan flute. The boy was shining it up or fixing it----doing something to 'help' the thing.

*I say that I see the boy because in the other regressions I experienced being INSIDE me, not looking at myself. I guess it can go either way, right? Anyway, from now on, I'll be describing just what I saw from my perspective, though I do believe I was that boy.*

I went into a dark kitchen, with light streaming in from a small, high window and an open, arched doorway. I stood at a large, tall table and leaned on it, while I spoke to a chubby lady who seemed to be making bread. There was a fireplace behind her and she looked hot. She had a white cloth wrapped around her head to keep her hair back, a brown dress, and an apron. She spoke to me in either another language or a very thick accent (a version of English). In the present, my mind didn't understand, but I could feel myself laughing and could see her laughing. She was pale, but had a big smile and very pink cheeks.

I walked outside and went directly to a horse, which I began to pet on the face and speak to with great love. I felt the animal was my best friend. (I'm kind of scared of horses because of something that happened in this lifetime, though I LOVE animals.) Anyway, I gently guided him with a rope and we walked along a narrow dirt path next to a very tall gray-stoned wall. I believe it was the side of the 'house,' but it wasn't my own. I think I worked for the people who owned it. Though I didn't get a grand view of it, I believe it was a relatively small castle.

I was blonde and my name was Patrick. At the time, I saw the year, but the numbers weren't clear when I woke up. It was either in 1464 or 1446 or 1646.....Ack! Something with a 1, then a four and six.

3rd Regression:

I really hesitated to post this because of my son's past life in China. I purposely asked to 'see' anything related to it, just in case I knew him somehow. Could I have influenced my thinking or was this real? It felt real.

The door to some sort of carriage-like thing opened, and I stepped down. There was a woman, who seemed to be Tibetan. Her skin was darker, but other than that, I don't know why I'm saying she was Tibetan. Her clothes looked Chinese to me, though I know little about the culture. She wore pants, a loose top, and a simple round hat. Her hair was long, braided and over one shoulder. She was bowing and moving her hands, as if to ask me to follow her.

I looked down and saw only my shoes, which were like little ballet flats, but covered in something shiny, like little beads. Obviously expensive!

There was a house about fifty feet from us, straight ahead, but instead of going in that way, we walked up a damp, dirt path that made a zig-zag up to the second level of the house. There was a porch around both levels. I don't remember going into the house, though I remember coming out of it and onto the porch.

The lady left me as I exited, and I knew I was looking for someone with great excitement. Finally, I saw an Asian man and ran to him. I only got a quick flash of his smiling face before we were hugging happily. I could feel a very innocent love, but it was strong. This may seem odd, but I don't believe there had been anything sexual about the relationship at that time. However, I did seem to be quite in love with him.

I can't say for sure that anything I was wearing was of one culture or another. I can't say the house or the man seemed to be Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. He had very strong features, though, and was handsome.

This could explain why I'm attracted to Asian men! :laugh:

This may or may not have anything to do with Ian's past life. *shrug* Somehow, someway, we both seem to have a connection to Asia.

I have read your posts about your son and I also enjoy reading about your own regressions. Would you pleeeeeeease post the youtube link that you used? :) I'm really curious about it and I'm all about youtube (it's free, and in the convenience of my own home!).

Thanks for sharing your regression experience. Not bad for a first attempt - :D

All that detail would suggest to me that you were remembering a past life, and to remember dates and names is awesome.

Did you experience any intense emotion with those memories? Did they raise or answer any questions that you feel might apply to your present life? I understand that it can all be a bit confusing at first, remembering your past lives is like a big puzzle, but stick with it and please let us know how you get on with any further regression, your memories were fascinating to read.

Chris - :)

btw: I'd also be interested in taking a look at that YouTube regression if you still have a link to it - : angel

To answer Chris.....

The things from those lives that either struck me as odd or made sense:

-My love of animals was present in two of them, and the feelings about my dogs was spot-on. I even have dreams of dogs from my childhood because I miss them so much.

-The importance of my grandmother came through in Anne's life. I mean, that same soul that is also my Memaw now. I have a very strong connection to her.

-My attraction to Asian culture showed up, too.

-I used to have recurring dreams about being part of the "Little House on the Prairie" show. Rather, living in that time. Anne's life seemed very similar. Strangely enough, I do not like to be uncomfortable in this 'now' life. No camping or being dirty for me! I even have a touch of OCD hand-washing. Yet, in my mind, I see that time period as dusty, inconvenient, uncomfortable. Why would I dream about being in that time period so much? I would even dream that I was going back there to show friends about the future.

-I was once a blonde boy, once a blonde girl, and was once attracted to a blonde man. In this life, not at all. My hair is nearly black, and I find that I'm only attracted to men with dark hair---almost strangely so. A blonde Brad Pitt could be standing in front of me, and I'd go "Eh, handsome, but I don't want him." :laugh: I wonder why?

-Like I said in the post, I've always been very attracted to the 1940's. The style of dress, design, music, movies about that era, etc. When I was young, I would recruit my little cousin to dance with me to Glen Miller. To this day, that is my preferred style of music.

Regression vids:

You have to link them together in a youtube account so they'll play consecutively.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...deace2ac8fe478c8c097947d9bd7646d&action=click

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...336e7d93a329cf072ae1deefda1923cb&action=click

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...2e66c35288d9d0b6d478c91adeac8451&action=click

There are more parts to it, but you should easily see them in the related videos area. Again, you have to put them in your own youtube "channel."

Great work 4mysonK. :)

I would say that perhaps your particular issues with your health, brain, etc. would probably make you very easy to 'hypnotise' if you find yourself slipping 'in and out' easily even when in full waking consciousness. Past life memories are actually much easier to access than most people think. Of course you can get 'hypnotised over the internet' if you are open to it. It is surprisingly easy to hypnotise some people. In fact, I remember when I was a kid there was some famous stage hypnotist who did a show on TV and people out in the suburbs started doing what he was saying, clucking like chickens and so on, and from then on they had to change the rules so that the actual 'hypnotism' process was not telecast to the camera like that any more. Why would the internet be any different?

The fact that you have felt drawn to certain periods, the 1940s, recurring dreams about the 'little house on the prairie', an attraction to Asian men, etc. would only add weight to the fact that these are memories not fantasies in my view. Although skeptics would reason the opposite (wishful thinking, etc) I know how these things work and people are usually 'drawn to' a certain period or country for a reason. The minute detail and sharp clarity of your memories, the variety of senses involved (feeling the wheat on your arms, and so on), the emotional connections you felt to various people in them, would strongly confirm to me that these are no mere 'fantasies'.

With some practice you can try working now on delving into each of these lives and finding out more about them. I bet your Dale was a sailor on The Potomac, or there is some other connection, such as he lived by the river, for instance.

There are some very good tips and tricks for doing this in the links Sunniva has given you. These are good too:

The Heart Center

Preparing for self-regression

Active meditation

Also, wonderfully, now you can understand a bit more what the experience is probably like for your son, and why he becomes so indignant when someone suggests it is not 'real'. ;)

Wow you've gotten some great memories and vivid detail from the regression!

I might give that YouTube one a try, if I can figure out the linking and stuff on there.

I really enjoyed reading through your memories. They sound perfectly real and valid to me. I too tend to self-doubt my memories, especially the ones that come unexpectedly or too easily.

Looking forward to hearing more...:thumbsup:

New memory?

I was reading "Same Soul, Many Bodies" by Brian Weiss, and when I got to the part where he's talking about visualization, I saw a scene where I was a teenage black girl in a yellow dress. I was tall and thin, too tall for my age. The dress was homemade with slightly puffy sleeves. Simple, but pretty. My hair was thin and was pulled back on each side at the base of my neck, like low-lying pigtails. My shoes looked like men's shoes--black leather dress shoes that were too big for me.

I was standing next to a railroad track with trees on each side as far as I could see. I was talking to a tall, lanky white boy. He was also a teenager, and wore a 'newsboy' cap, overalls, and a shirt with no collar.

I couldn't "hear" it, but I knew I was telling him about being pregnant. He became very angry, and I felt completely betrayed. I'd thought he'd want to be with me, but instead, he started beating me. He kicked me in the stomach and hit me in the back of the head with a plank.

I ended up with my face in the dusty gravel--DEAD!

Strange how in this life, I've had fertility and digestion problems. Also, I had a huge brain tumor behind my right ear. Hmm....

Congrats on a new memory, 4mysonK, but I'm sorry to hear it was such a difficult one. :(

It would be a good idea to work with it a little. Maybe you'd like to find out more about this girl and her life by meditating, doing regressions etc.? Let us know if you need help - or if you have further memories!

Karoliina

Back