My most vivid memory from my past life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Soldier68, May 27, 2018.

1. Soldier68

Soldier68 Senior Registered

Hi there everyone!

Recently I haven’t felt very well. I’ve been anxious all the time. I suffer from depression and anxiety. This usually leads me to daydream a lot. Some of these dreams feel very real. Thanks to these dreams (daydreams to be specific) I have found out some information about my past life, all I know is that I joined the US Marines back in ‘65 and died in ‘68. I know a bit more like how I got killed and my best friend there. We both got killed at the same time.

My most vivid memory of my past life is smoking a cigarette. Whenever I feel extremely anxious I get this picture in my head of me smoking a cigarette, It usually calms me down thinking about it. I have never smoked a cigarette but I still feel such a strong connection to it. I was probably a heavy smoker in my past life.

Does anyone else have a strong connection to cigarettes or something else, please share your most vivid dreams.

Thanks for reading!

Angie Brown likes this.
  2. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

The first that comes into my mind:

Never smoke a cigarette on the battlefield or the enemy is able to shoot you right between the eyes.

It could have happened to you. In the dark on guard, a lot of stress, nothing seems to happen for hours. Finally you decide to smoke a cigarette and the very patient and silent enemy knows the exact location of your head.

Angie Brown likes this.
  3. Soldier68

All I know is that I was very stressed. I used to smoke with people or alone in the jungle. It used to calm me down.

I think I got killed by the Vietcong when I waited for backup. The rest of my platoon wasn’t there. Only me and another guy.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    fireflydancing likes this.
  4. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Soldier68,

Welcome to the board! One of the thing that pushes through the memory barrier (whatever it is) are traumatic memories, especially traumatic deaths. So, you are in the company of many who died in battle on that point.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--People now don't realize how pervasive (and socially acceptable) smoking was during that era. I think it diminished somewhat in the 60s and after, but it was still going strong.

Angie Brown likes this.
  5. Soldier68

Thanks for your reply!

I’m doubting myself If I’m making this or not but something inside of me knows that this is real. It’s hard to explain. The dreams feel so personal and real, I nearly cried.

I know. Nowadays it’s seen as a bad thing which is good. My father and mother both smoked a lot and have told me how bad it is. Even with all this I still feel tempted to try it. It’s like my past self connected cigarettes with relaxation or something like that.

Doctors found out that cigarettes were bad for you in the early 60s and slowly started to restrict it so that less people tried to smoke. Even to this young people still smoke, mostly e-cigarettes or those vape things. A new study shows that it’s too early to deem if the contents of the fluids inside of those things are healthy or not but it’s starting to lean towards it being unhealthy.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Angie Brown likes this.
  6. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Indeed it's not a smart thing to do at night on a battlefield, hence the "light and noise discipline" but during daytime, on camp/FOB/base etc it was hard to find anyone NOT smoking
    Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Coasties smoked, in the trenches during WWI, in the foxholes, on patroles, in camps etc during WWII, it didn't change till I think the 1980's but even now people can be found smoking in Iraq and Afghanistan (tobacco is now officially banned during basic training in both the US and Canada as well as during combat deployments but if someone really wants tobacco they'll get it)

Angie Brown and landsend like this.
  7. Soldier68

I remember smoking with Johnny. We used to smoke a lot. I also used to smoke when we were running away from somewhere.

8. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

US soldiers did often used to smoke in the jungle, some even deep in enemy territory. In truth it wasn’t a very smart thing to do. VC and NVA veterans have talked about smelling US soldiers way before anyone was aware of them. In the jungle, the nose becomes very sensitive to smells, unnatural smells such as tobacco and cologne would give your position away to any surrounding enemy patrols.

For this reason many of the men who went on SOG type missions or Recon missions did not smoke whilst patrolling.

Angie Brown likes this.
  9. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

I read that in Afghanistan, if going on a mission, soldiers don't wash or clean their teeth except maybe in plain water for three days beforehand. Even the aroma of 'unperfumed' soap and the least perfumed of toothpaste can carry from the soldier through the air.

It makes sense. A documentary made a few years ago about some people who volunteered to live as iron age Britons for three or four months as part of a research experiment were able to smell the aftershave of the film crew half an hour before they arrived, as they were driving with windows open and the aroma was drifting out of their vehicle. Quite amazing how sensitive our noses are when adjusted to not having to endure man made pollution
    Most of the group didn't want to return to modern living, btw. They felt happier and healthier with bronze age life - but I would guess a truly hard winter and a very wet spring would have changed their minds if they had been allowed to stay. Lol.

landsend likes this.
  10. Angie Brown

So you haven't had a vision of your final minutes? Or those of the man you were with? Perhaps just at the moment you aren't ready for that. It sounds as if it were traumatic and a shock, so perhaps remembering as much as you have is a way to start preparing you to remember - when your spirit is sure your mind can cope with it. Patience. It will come if you need it to. Or maybe it isn't that you died in battle. It could be a message of re-inforcement to not smoke now. Remembering that you did shows you had a great addiction to it. I've been told that if we don't shake off addictions they can bind us to returning when we otherwise might not have needed to and we could have moved on to somewhere better. So it could be that is what your spirit is telling you - to NOT under any circumstances touch tobacco or anything very addictive your current carnation. You will be happier, healthier and wealthier if you don't, anyway....and you will smell better :)
    The young ladies of today don't want to kiss an ashtray.

Soldier68 likes this.
  11. Soldier68

I wasn’t spared. The rest I don’t really know. It was very brutal to say the least.

I won’r Touch any tobacco so don’t worry. I just wish the dreams wouldn’t be so personal. I’m finding more and more out.

Angie Brown likes this.
  12. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

The part of not washing on a mission is true, it's simply impossible to do but we do clean our teeth, I never use toothpaste anyway and others learned to use other means as well (baking soda is populair)
    The reason we brush our teeth simply has to do with prevention, the last thing you want is having problem with your teeth in the middle of a war zone

Angie Brown and landsend like this.
  13. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

The nature of past life memories is that they are very personal. If they weren’t, I don’t think we could truly call those memories ours. You seem very young. I have recalled my previous life to this one since I was around 11/12, but I was not truly ready to open to it until I was in my mid twenties. Everyone is different, but if it feels too much at this present moment, it is fine to delay opening fully to what can be very raw and painful memories. Your subconscious is actually very clever and will do a lot of the filtering for you. The present life you are living now is the important thing, and although our pasts have in influence in shaping us and our direction, we ultimately have a choice in how we live our lives now. The life you are living now is more important. The life we have now is all you, or I, or any of us truly have. It’s good to keep in mind as your journey into your past life unfolds. It could be a long journey. Mine has been unfolding now for 15+ yrs.

14. Soldier68

Mine has just started. I’m slowly learning more and more. The trauma from my past life has left me here, depressed and anxious. It feels like finding out who I was is the answer to all my problems.

Angie Brown likes this.
  15. Angie Brown

At least you are aware that as you learn more about your pl the more it will help to resolve your depression in your life now. That's half the battle.

Soldier68 likes this.
  16. Soldier68

I guess.

Angie Brown likes this.
  17. Angie Brown

It's better than not being aware, as that would mean you didn't know the root cause. You at least know where to start.

18. Cat1965

Cat1965 Member

soldier the photo, is it personal or just a photo you somehow related to? I always thought when we die and go back to the "mother" as i call it that experience erases the pain. However; as a child I was terrified of people. I remember it so vividly, even details of being 2 at my christening and being so afraid because my parents left me with a sitter in the hotel room while they partied in the ballroom (they had a crazy party). That fear of people continued until i was fully grown and than gradually dissipated. Anyhow, my point is that you are depressed and have anxiety that seem to stem from some past life event. You are not a solider in this life i presume so you need to let go of those feelings. You need to address them and let go.....it took me a while but nobody scares me now and i am quite social when i have to be but prefer "my peeps". Your past lives are the past so don't let that anxiety you felt on the battlefield carry through..maybe you need a bit of counseling. Not sure if there is free counseling where you are

Soldier68 likes this.
  19. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

Cat1965, I mean no offense, but I believe you are oversimplifying the subject at hand. Mental health is a complex, multifaceted issue which affects every area of life. Past lives can make it even more confusing (and in some cases much harder to deal with). It is true that the feelings need to be let go, but when it comes to dealing with something that has control over most of a person's thought processes, knowing that it needs to go away and attempting to release it are not always enough. Each person's journey is different and complex.

Soldier 68, unfortunately, finding past life information is only half of the battle. It might feel like just knowing helps, but you have to take the next step. It is vital that you take the time to process the information, but also to separate yourself from it. Sometimes, just knowing and not moving on can have negative side effects, like getting too attached to the past or amplifying the problems you are wanting to solve.

KenJ, Soldier68 and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  20. Soldier68

I haven’t done a past life regression in a while. I have only thought a bit of it. I’m thinking about doing it again but I ended my last past life regression on such a good note. I don’t want to ruin it.

I’m very interested in my life before I went to Vietnam and a little bit more about my three friends I remember the most in my platoon.

Not really. I can relate in a way to the picture. A man robbed of his life to become a soldier. I can relate to that.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018