My NDE...or is it? (drowning)

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Miss Kelly, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

This has been something that has always bugged me and I've never been able to find an explanation for. When I was about 7/8 years old, in my Primary School we did swimming lessons every Tuesday. I had a fear of the swimming pool at the time (even though I have memories of me swimming before that age and I often dream that I am) and because of that, the one teacher gave up on me and left me to float alone in the shallow end (which was still deep for short me) every lesson. One day, I ended up slipping under the water, probably because I tried to swim, and couldn't get back up. The teacher was on the other side of the pool as usual so didn't even notice me kicking about and trying to scream beneath the surface. My Primary school had actually had another child die in their swimming lessons before (but that was because of a heart condition. I think they got scared to death) so I guess it wasn't surprising. It felt like I was under for a long while until something strange happened. I completely calmed down and then began to float upwards. I felt so peaceful like I was falling asleep and thought that the bottom of the swimming pool looked really pretty. Then another child came to my aid and pulled me out of the water. Despite being under the water for what felt like a long while, I didn't feel like I needed air or that I'd swallowed water. I felt completely fine as if I'd been breathing perfectly the whole time.
    And now I won't go near a swimming pool. Thank you, dumb teacher.