My past life experience in my present life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by 6012, Oct 12, 2020.

1. 6012

6012 Senior Member

Hello, everyone
    I would like to share my experience. I am 19 now and I had past life memories as a child. I didn’t recall any names, places or events, or maybe I did and forgot about them. But I am quite sure that I remember who I was (my personality and preferences) and I still believe that in my present life I am not so different as I was in my past life/lives.

I was born as a non-European girl in a small place to atheist parents. For a long time, I thought I was an European boy from the past(1940s or earlier), and I didn’t know anything about Europe or the past. Before I was 15, I lived in a strange state. I was living in both the past and the present. It is very hard to explain, I was partly held back in my previous life and partly aware of my present life. This is actually not so bad because in my opinion, my previous life was great while my present life is so miserable.

I never liked my name, it looks and sounds strange to me. It didn’t bother me that much, especially before 15, but when I was 3 or 4 years old, I really hated my name for a while and wanted to change it but couldn’t think of a name I liked. I also don’t like how I looked. Although just like my name, I hardly thought about this before 15. Before I was about 6, I thought I looked a lot different than how I actually looked. I might have remembered my appearance clearly back then, now I am unsure about it. I think in my previous life, I was between 4-12 years old and had brown hair and blue eyes. After I realised how I looked, I didn’t like it and was upset about it. Apart from disliking my name and my appearance, I had experienced some sort of gender dysphoria and culture shock.

I don’t remember talking about anything related to my past life with my parents when I was little. Although if I ever talked about my past lives or spoke another language, they would probably think it was nonsense and forgot about it. However, I do remember a conversation I had with my grandmother when I was around 5. We were talking about something, and she asked ’You prefer girls, right?’ I answered ‘No, I prefer boys.’ I remember wondering why she asked the question as I thought it is quite obvious because I am a boy, of course I would prefer boys. My parents used to ask me to choose my clothes, shoes and toys. At first, I chose clothes and shoes that are for boys, and my parents told me that I cannot have them because they are for boys, after a few times, I stopped doing so. However, they were fine with me choosing boys’ toys. As a child, I have read or heard stories (usually classics from more than 100 years ago) written by European authors and seen things that originated or existed in past Europe. (I didn’t know they were from Europe back then.) I found these stories and objects very interesting and pleasant. In contrast, the culture and language of my native land always seem weird and extremely boring.

Another thing I really dislike about my present life is the modern world. I have no interest in most things invented or made after the 1940s. This is also the reason why I believe I lived in the 1940s or earlier in my previous life. My parents are atheists, they only believe in science and they enjoy using modern technologies. I was educated to only believe in science, and for a long time(especially age 6-12), I believed that anything cannot be proved by science and any religious ideas were completely wrong. I had also completely forgotten about anything that happened before age 6 when I started receiving education. At age 15, I was in the most horrible situation of my life, and I started to remember what happened before I was 6. At the same time, I began to fully become aware of my present life.

At age 12, my school started to teach English and I also learnt about Europe. I began to watch some films and tv shows from mainly Britain and America because I found them interesting, particularly the ones about the past. Even though the school had English classes, I learnt English from the films and the shows. I was usually getting median grades in school, but I always got the highest grade in English. I could spell most words correctly based on their sounds without trying very hard to memorise them, but I found my classmates often could not do that. I felt I never tried hard to learn English unlike how I was learning other subjects. Apart from that, I was never good at my native language. I frequently got the lowest mark in school and besides being able to understand enough to study other courses, I only knew basic communications. An English teacher who believed that I had excellent understanding in English asked why I was good at it, I couldn’t explain. So she told me a story about a little girl who can speak French without ever learning it while not able to speak English.

I was afraid of a lot of things for no reason (Although now I suppose my past life experiences might be the reason) and possibly still am. Basically, the things that I do not like are the things that scare me. For example, I do not like modern technology and any culture besides European culture and I am also afraid of them. And being an European child in the past explains that. I recall that I used to play with some other children, they seemed to really want to grow up and always pretend to be grown-ups in games, while I just want to be a child. In addition, I wanted things that I never seen before, mostly toys such as rocking horses, jack in the box, dolls house and wind up toys. Furthermore, for a long time I thought my family was poor but in reality my family was middle class. Additionally I wanted to have a job and I was very upset that child labour was illegal. Another thing I was interested in was the circus though I have never been to one.

Now that I live in Canada, the thing that bothers me most is modern life. I have noticed from an early age that products now have much worse quality than before and people now are extremely wasteful. Later I found out it was because of planned obsolescence which, in my opinion, is a horrible idea. But most people including my parents don’t believe that. I think it is because most people didn’t have experience of living in about 100 years ago and suddenly woke up and found the world has changed.

I tried past life regression, it wasn't successful.

Thank you for reading this. My writing might be too long and does not make sense and I am not good at explaining things. I basically described my entire life. If you have any questions or suggestions just let me know. And I would like to know if anyone have similar experiences.

2. insearchof_1785

insearchof_1785 insearchof_1785

This was really interesting to read 6012! I don't mind the long, wordy post at all - in fact, a lot of words helps describe what we have gone through (or are going through) in the past and present life-times. I'm re-learning ballet as I danced it in one of my past-lives. Oh, and regarding past-life regression - do you mean videos or in person sessions? I've tried a few videos and it takes some time but usually you will find the narrator and atmospheric music which suits you or feels right, if that makes sense? Regarding languages, I can get by with certain ones - the ones I spoke fluently in my past-lives. It's weird because, the accent just naturally comes to me without issue. I'm told I'm pretentious and a show-off for saying things in the correct way they should be said. So I understand what you mean there.

Also, I get the "living in the wrong time period." I'm very much European in my soul, and I fully agree that as a society today, we've become incredibly wasteful. It's quantity over quality sadly in this day and age. "Keeping up with the Joneses," etc.

I just want to tell you that it will get better. :) <3 (I've been told this multiple times) and you have friends here who will help you, give advice and be understanding when you are confused, upset or don't understand something well.

3. 6012

6012 Senior Member

Hi, insearchof_1785, thank you for the reply. I have tried both video and in person past life regression and I will try more in the future. I suppose I was too nervous during the sessions and was unable to relax. I also find it is much easier for me to learn European languages than non-European ones. And I am very glad to find someone who actually agree with me about the wasteful modern life.

I wanted to try past life regression because there is so much pressure in my present life and I hope some good memories of my past lives might make me feel better and also to reduce some fears that I have.

insearchof_1785 likes this.
  4. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi, I was reading this with interest. I'm aware of the work of Jim Matlock, a researcher who has commented on cases where a person from perhaps Europe may have a next life in some other far-away country. If I recall correctly, he had the idea (based on studying actual cases) that sometimes when a person dies in a foreign land, they may find their next life begins in that same land, and consequently they feel disoriented and out of place as they are more familiar with the customs and culture of their previous homeland. But this is not always the case, just sometimes.

There is a Facebook group called Signs of Reincarnation where you may chat with Jim about your experiences. That is an evidence-based group, they try to ground things in data from looking at many past-life cases.

I agree with you about our throw-away culture. If we lived in simpler times, it would be normal to construct things to last, making something that will rapidly deteriorate would be wasted effort. There's something crazy about a world where billions of people are working hard to make these throw-away items, eating into the environment and destroying the habitat of animals and humans alike in our quest for - well, what exactly?

fireflydancing, Jim78 and Eva1942 like this.
  5. insearchof_1785

insearchof_1785 insearchof_1785

No problem! :)

I've never done an in-person regression session before - only videos. But the regression (guided meditation) videos have helped at times. I get the whole nervous bit - I get nervous too and then I get distracted. It's easier when you are not interrupted and concentrated, focused and alone. Lock your door, and put ear buds in (or head phones on) and just relax. I've learned this over the years. Oh yes, we really do have a wasteful modern society. It's really sad, honestly. I also feel the same way for me as a kid, English was weird to learn. In my past-lives, I spoke very little English. I could speak the other languages fluently - but English was an after thought or it wasn't as important if you follow me?

Yes, past-life regression does bring to the surface things you may like about yourself, and not like about yourself. Going through the motions of this past-life where I was an aspiring premier danseur (premier danseur translates to what today is called a soloist) has been a happy and sad time. But I want to get through it, and re-learning Ballet I think will help me. One regression video I listened to was by Denise Linn. It's by the YouTube account "Hay House" and the video is titled "Past-Life Regression - Denise Linn - Monday Meditation." It's one of the best videos I've come across. She is very calming to listen to, even if you are nervous or afraid or unsure. :) Also another thing is that you shouldn't try and force the memories or flashbacks up or out. That doesn't always end well - either you don't get any recollections or you get a flood of them and it's overwhelming. Just let it come how it will come. Be patient and relax, breathe in and out.

I hope this helps, and know that you aren't alone here! :)

6. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

This. Wow, so similar to my experiences when I was younger. Things that I still struggle with today, actually. Loved your story! I am a female in this life as well, my most recent was a male life, and it can be pretty tough sometimes. Trying to fit in with other females, just trying to get by in this life is difficult. I've quit trying. It's like putting on a show for other people to assure them you're "normal." I always thought my name and gender were wrong.

insearchof_1785 likes this.
  7. 6012

6012 Senior Member

Hi, Speedwell. I thought about that I might have died in the place I was born in, because some Europeans did come to that country. But the place I was born in was a very small place, and even now hardly any foreigners would visit there. I also wondered if I chose to be born outside of Europe because I had no idea what it's like. And thank you for the information. I will check the Facebook group if I can, though I am not sure how to use Facebook. Internet seems really complicated to me.

insearchof_1785 Thanks for the suggestions, I will try more and post here if I recall some details of my past lives.

TruroNE When I talked about I disliking my name and my appearance, I was more like realising that I changed to a different person. My name is gender neutral and my parents would have given me the same name if I was born as a boy. I don't like my name is because it is strange and not European. But an English teacher I had tried to assign English name to students, and she gave me a female name. I didn't like it because I knew it is a girl's name. I didn't like how I looked like both because of my gender and being non-European. As a child, sometimes I thought the whole world is wrong, and other times, I wondered if Europe was only in my imagination. After realising I had been a boy in my last life, I became more accepted to being a female in this life. Although compare to other females, I am still more like a male.

I am not sure but I feel like I had lived many past lives as a child in various places and times all over Europe. Thank you all for the replies.

Speedwell likes this.
  8. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi 6012.

I can relate to the wastefulness of the modern age.

In the noughties I had to keep replacing my cinema system every couple of years as it would burn out.

Then I was told that when they design them they purposefully put the main board in the warmest area to reduce the players lifespan.

So instead I kept an old cinema system with an optical digital port.

Then I simply bought a PS3. Unlike gamers I don't need to fork out for the newest system. I also bought an optical digital cable.

Its been running now for eleven years. Its grand. I just take it apart and clean it every now and again.

I had the same issue with VHS players in the 80s and 90s so I just taught myself to fix analog technology. One VHS player lasted me 18 years.

Where there's a will there's a way.

I hate waste too.

tanker, TruroNE and Speedwell like this.
  9. 6012

6012 Senior Member

Hi, Jim78. I am glad that you agree with me. Almost everyone I know thinks it's not true, especially my family. Basically all electronic devices break easily and non-electronic things are usually made of low quality materials. I first notice this when I found all the electronic toys stopped working after used for only a few times. Many clothes are uncomfortable to wear because of their material and most books have plastic covers instead of leather or paper. Also, a lot of things lose their value after I bought them.

Jim78 likes this.
  10. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi 6012.

I'm luckier than you because your a Millienial or a Centennial, I'm not, I'm Gen X. We straddled the world between analog and digital technology. We can navigate both. I still have a VHS player!

When we went to play we had no phones. Our parents just assumed we were alright. We were cut off from everyone but our friends. It was great.

Also we couldn't text friends to meet us. We had the ring or knock on the door, which meant as children we had to learn to deal with our friends parents, adults...yet we learned computers and such. I think we are the luckiest generation even though we are the least mentioned.

Us and boomers invented your digital world but we ain't a slave to it.

Saying that, as a person with clear past life memories, I would say to you not to push it. You will then watch your reincarnation experience blossom.

Or you could do it my way and be downloaded with two thousand years of warfare.

Enjoy your journey and be patient and vigilant. That's all you need to do IMO.

Speedwell likes this.
  11. 6012

6012 Senior Member

There are some other things I want to talk about.

From what I read about reincarnation, many people reunite with their family and friends of their past lives in the present. But I think it is different for me. My parents and grandparents are good people and they treat me nicely, but I just don't feel like they are my family. And all of my relatives seem no different than random strangers to me. They all love their culture and have no interest in Europe, so I don't think they were in my previous lives. I had very few friends growing up.

My parents don't believe in reincarnation or that I had past life memories as a child. My father thinks that I got the idea of reincarnation from a show called Doctor Who which I like to watch and that I am obsessed with the idea because I love the show. My mother is more accepted toward it. One of the reason why I want to do past life regression and remember more about my past lives is the prove to my parents that I was right.

And Jim78, thanks for the reply.

Jim78 and Speedwell like this.
  12. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

Yes yes yes. Love how you put that. She people seem to be reincarnated in a familiar place with familiar people or should near them. I think some aren't. Just thrown out there. I feel the same way about my family and relatives.

13. 6012

6012 Senior Member

I am just going to add some things I haven’t mentioned in my first post (mostly about life lessons).

I am almost always very truthful. I don’t like telling lies and I would feel extremely uncomfortable when doing so. Additionally, I feel the same way about cheating and misleading people/when others misunderstand me. In my opinion, lying can never have a good result. My parents think my best quality is being honest. I suppose this is related to my past life experiences, because nothing happened in this life can result in this.

However, there are some situations in which I lie and feel bad about it (they may not be considered as lying to others). As I said before, I do not feel right about my name, my nationality, the modern world etc. when I tell people about me, even though legally I was not lying, I felt I was. On the other hand, sometimes in situations in which the information does not matter that much, I tell others the ones I prefer, I felt untruthful too. I also sort of lie about my opinions to not appear too weird to other people. But if I could, I avoid those topics or say that I do not want to talk about them which is an honest answer. I even feel a bit uncomfortable to answer ‘fine/good’ to ‘how are you’, though I know it is just a form of greeting and I am very sure nobody wants to hear about how bad my day was.

I used to believe that everyone has similar preferences and opinions. Later, I learnt this was not true. I am not sure if this is something everyone will realise at a certain age, or it is because the preferences/opinions of everyone around me in my past lives were alike while I am very distinct from others in my current life.

I do have two friends who believe in reincarnation and have past life memories, both of them much older than me, have good ordinary present life, and had past lives in Europe and Canadians with European backgrounds in the present. But they do not understand me that much as we have quite different experiences. They both think if they were born/ born in their next life in a non-European country, they would be fine with it. My parents and grandparents think like that as well, if they were born in Europe, they would just be Europeans. Apart from this, both my friends and my family don’t really understand why I love my previous lives so much as I was possibly very poor and I am not that poor now.

I told my friend about the idea of someone reborn in the place they died (I am aware that it is not always the case). He thinks it doesn’t make sense as he died in the middle of an ocean in one of his past lives. He remembers thinking to himself before he died that he wanted to live in some place dry in the next life.

As I mentioned, I like Europe in general, I seem to be particularly attracted to the United Kingdom, Germany and Russia. I noticed most of the foods I like are common and cheap in Canada (and likely in Europe as well), some uncommon in the place I was born. Most people there enjoy a particular type of food, they found it strange that I dislike the food. Besides, Many things I like a lot such as automata/mechanical devices, circuses/carnivals, waltz music and puppets appear to only existed in Europe. I also insist on following rules that I find perfectly reasonable.

In regard to life lessons. People seem to choose their lives and lessons. At first, I didn’t understand why I would choose this life or why would anyone choose a bad life. I read somewhere that unfortunate lives teach important lessons, which might be true for my current life. As a child, I was often treated rudely and misunderstood by others. Now, I try my best to treat everyone, especially a child, with respect even if I don’t like or understand them.

Thank you for reading these. I welcome you to ask questions or give suggestions. And let me know if anything I posted seems inappropriate/off topic.

Peace of mind, Jim78 and Speedwell like this.
  14. 6012

6012 Senior Member

One thing that I don't understand about my current life is that if this life was intended to be a bad/hard one, then why isn't it worse.

My parents are basically the best parents I have known in the area I was born in. Many parents there treated their children horribly. They are also poorer and less educated than my parents. They would beat their kids for not be able to understand things that they can't even understand. They force their kids to do things that they don't even want to do. They don't care about their kids unless there is benefit for them.

I did wonder if I had been born to any of those parents, my life would have being much worse. They would never allow me to wear boys clothes or to show any interests in European culture. I won't have a chance to get out of there. I don't have a lot of interest in studying and not very good at it either, my parents encouraged me and helped me with it. I doubt I could finish high school if I had those parents.

Apart from that, I think it is quite unfortunate for my parents to have me as their child. In my opinion, any normal child would be glad to have them as their parents and my parents would be much happier if their child is not as strange like I am.

Thank you for reading. I hope someone can explain this.

Peace of mind likes this.
  15. Speedwell

I cannot explain this. My first thought is to simply count your blessings, be cheered and encouraged. My second thought: if something doesn't fit a hypothesis, then the hypothesis must be wrong.

16. 6012

6012 Senior Member

Hi, Speedwell, thanks for the reply.

Now that I think of it, my experience might actually explain something about this.

There was a time when my life seemed so bad, that I believed I could end my suffering by ending my life. One reason I didn't do it is that my parents are nice and they would be very sad if I died. Another reason is that I got the idea from some books that if someone kill themselves because of the horrible situation they were in, the situation will be repeated until they solved the problem, and I really didn't want to live a life like this again.

Also, at first I thought the non-European people are worse than Europeans because they treated me or anyone else badly. But the fact that my parents are nice convinced me otherwise. Those people outside Europe are in fact similar to Europeans, there are bad people and good people.

I suppose if I was born randomly to a family in the area, there is a much higher chance to have a worse life, but I don't know if my birth is random or not.

Jim78 and Speedwell like this.
  17. 6012

6012 Senior Member

I often get sick as a child and had a serious illness when I was 2 years old. My parents think being unhealthy is the worst thing ever happened to me. And I’m sure many people would think that if they viewed my life. But honestly it hardly bothers me.

My parents reckon that my problems, which were likely caused by past life experience, were caused by spending most of my childhood in hospitals. Although many things caused my unfortunate life, my health problem is not one of them. I don’t think whether I was healthy or not would change my life significantly.

One time I thought my health affected my life was when I was about 13. I have just understood about evolution and natural selection. I was mad at my parents for not leaving me to die when I was seriously ill. I believed I was supposed to die at age 2 and them sending me to hospital and saving my life resulted in my miserable life. I don’t think like that now, but I do wonder if there is a reason for my illness.

Perhaps I should mention that my health conditions were caused by some incompetent doctors who gave me wrong diagnoses and tricked my parents to buy expensive medicines that were no good for me.

I have experienced a condition similar to multiple personality disorder(caused by past life memories)when I was younger. I am not sure if I should post it in detail here or start another topic or if I should post it at all.

I seem to be describing my current life a lot. I feel like I am continuing my last life instead of starting a new one.

Thanks for reading. I am not sure whether this post is off-topic or not.

tanker likes this.
  18. Speedwell

Yes, that sounds familiar. I think a lot of people experience that - though they may not always recognise it until later. Sometimes we have to just go through difficulties as best we can. Only much later can we start to make sense of them, and things from our past lives can continue very strongly into the present.

That's one reason why I dislike alternative explanations for past-life memories, there is sometimes a view (by outsiders) that we are simply picking up information from some sort of external record. But in reality it is something much more than picking up a few facts here and there, it is something deep within, a part of us, which has a direct impact on who we are and how we are right now in the present.

Having said that, from my experience, after a while the fires burning from old, unfinished business tends to burn low, no longer blazing hot, but just warm embers. This means we can sooner or later take a stronger grip on the current life, to engage more fully in the present, live today in its own right, let this life have its own day.

Peace of mind and Jim78 like this.