My Past Life in England

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Juliaana, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Juliaana

Juliaana New Member

Hello, I recently found this forum and decided to share my own experience since I have nowhere else to talk about this. I am from Finland so English isn't my native language, I'm sorry if I made some typos or grammatical errors.

I have had past life memories for a long time. In my past life I was a male living in England in the early 1800s and I was from the upper middle class. The thing is, I don't have crystal clear memories; I have some hazy ones and some more clear memories, but I feel the emotions from them deeply.

One memory that is more clear is this:
    I was going to a meeting where I would talk about business on behalf of my father. I met a man at a crowded pub and we sat down after short introductions. The man with who I was having the discussion was young, around my age (~20 yrs) and very charismatic. We talked for a good while, and after we got things clear we started to talk about more personal stuff. We became great friends soon and I remember him to be a good emotional support. Our talk shifted from business to our fathers and I confessed to him that my father was quite abusive and would always hit me if I talked too much or was a disappointment or a burden. He nods empathically and opens his mouth to speak and that's where that memory cuts at every time.

I still have the happy memories with my new friend back then though, so it's not all horrible.

I have always had a problem with understanding father's love, which is odd since my father in my present life is an amazing parent. I'm also extremely responsible and belong to the youth government and I'm also in the student council. I'm very afraid of not meeting expectations and I become very scared of my parents reaction if I don't succeed as I planned, even though they have made clear that I shouldn't put too high standards and it's perfectly fine if something goes wrong.

I obey easily and I have a tendency of being too kind and generous so people often take advantage of me. I have a "friend" who manipulates me constantly yet I find myself unable to do anything but feel empathy and let myself be fooled. It sucks and I'm trying to learn how to stand up for myself more.

I'd like to know more about my past life so I could understand everything better but I'm not sure how I can do that. Does anybody know a way?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Tabitha Mohin Chaplin likes this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Juliaana, your memories seem to be like many others here, a short sequence, snapshots, and feelings. As far as getting more information or understanding about a previous lifetime, there are instructions on meditation, self-hypnosis, books, and options with help from others from someone familiar with regression or even a psychic if you can find one. Sorry to hear that you have a relationship with someone who does not respect you, I hope that you can resolve that issue.

Juliaana likes this.
  3. julie_twice

julie_twice New Member

Hi Juliaana, welcome!

I had a past life in England around the same time. What seems to work well in my experience is to focus on the recollections you already have, and on things that would have been familiar to your previous self. It's been my experience that the memories of any given past life have to be "awakened" in some way, as if the other personality is "asleep" within the mind. Once you "wake" them up, more memories surface and you find you've always had them, they were just latent. It also helps to meditate on your recollections. That can offer better clarity on things that seem uncertain nown

4. CanSol

CanSol Active Member

Meditation, (self) regression are all great tools, but don't forget the power of time period music or even conversations, they can be a window to a memory
    the english spoken can seem like a completely different language
    2 of my past lives are Scottish born moved to Canada (WWI) and the US (WWII) and the english spoken in those time periods are completely different than what is spoken now
    But finding realistic, or close to realistic 1800's english music or sound/video clips might be hard to find

Juliaana and julie_twice like this.
  5. julie_twice

julie_twice New Member

I agree about the music! I've used release dates and charts to establish when events from my most recent life happened, and to help another individual remember more. There is a website that offers digitized versions of old wax phonograph cylinders for download. I'll have to find it. But that still won't go back far enough. But I think even without recordings from the 1800s, it should still be possible to get impressions from hearing classical pieces or songs that debuted in the time you're hoping to remember more of.

Juliaana likes this.
  6. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member

Hello Juliaana,

Welcome to the forum; we're glad you found us! You have received a few suggestions above and I would only add that I am a firm believer in past life regression therapy. If you have the means and access to a certified regression therapist, I think this, for me, was the best course. There are psychotherapist organizations around the world who specialize and train therapists, one I recall is International Board of Regression Therapists. Another, the IARRT use to be a leader, but I'm not sure of their status these days. Just Google Regression Therapists if you are interested. For me, I did not want to delve into the subject with anyone other than an "expert." I located the director of research for the IARRT and traveled to her. It was a powerful, powerful experience; her knowledge and skills were far above what I expected.

Now, I want to emphasize that the other methods must work for fellow members. But, for me, an unguided experience into such an emotional and traumatic affair didn't seem wise. And I don't know any psychics, nor have I ever ventured into that realm. I was a realist who frankly thought reincarnation was just a bunch of hippie "whoo-waa." The things that troubled me dealt with death, sadness and depression... not subjects I wanted to broach with amateurs, OR by myself. My career at the time placed me in situations where death, trauma, and horror were real. Those encounters led to dreams of other times and places, and challenged every belief system I had. And, as you can see by my participation here on this forum, I now believe beyond any doubt in past lives. For me it was a matter of healing a deep trauma. Now as the years pass me by I admit to a curiosity in other lives that I've lived. But at the same time I recognize these past lives, most of them, were not pleasant by our modern standards; cruelty, death, disease, and life styles were very hard. It is easy to romanticize them in our current view, but it is equally easy for me to see the ugliness, and thus I venture carefully. For example, in a reoccurring dream I am buried alive for some punitive reason. This terrifies me and I'd just as soon not relive it.

So my advice to you Juliaana is this: First... search, research, and study everything you can on reincarnation. Understand everything you can on the subject, from Ian Stevenson to Carol Bowman. Second... learn to meditate, study it and practice it daily; this will clear your mind and allow the "other side" to manifest. Thirdly... keep a written journal of your journey; this will serve to guide you in retrospect. And lastly, seek a professional guide. That's my opinion and what served me well. Good luck! And if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Blessings,
    ~Tinkerman

Juliaana and Jim78 like this.
  7. CanSol

CanSol Active Member

Agreed, regression therapists are beneficial and is actually the first thing thst I recommend often as well if you don't know what you're dealing with
    Make sure you shop around for a good one, it needs to be someone that's A experienced and B someone that you feel comfortable with
    Dutch health insurances cover regression therapy (not for the 'hey I'm curious, let's see what happens' though but for those wanting to work through phobias and traumatic events) so perhaps an idea to check if it's covered where you live
    Therapists walk you through it and are a safety net for traumatic events that you might encounter

Juliaana likes this.
  8. Juliaana

Juliaana New Member

Thank you for your responses and kindness! I feel more at ease now and I appreciate it a lot.

I'll do a lot of research now and try meditation, hopefully I'll find something with time. I think that by finding more about my past lives would help me a lot to grow as a soul, and more importantly to let go and live my life without regrets.

About the music, that was a very interesting point and it makes sense. I have played violin for almost my whole life and when I first heard it played live (I was about 4-5 years old) I actually cried openly from the emotions it made me feel. Then I knew, I just had to play it. Even to this day violin is a great emotional support for me and I feel a deep connection with it, it makes me feel whole and happy. Would it be possible that I have played violin in my past lives as well? Maybe.

I think I'll try past life regression therapy, though since I live in the northernmost part of Finland I don't have as many chances for them as those who live in the southern part. But there is one that is quite near if I go by train, so it's not impossible. I'll have to look more into it.

Thank you again and I'm truly sorry for a late response, the exams killed me but today were the last two so now I'm finally on a winter break. I'm going to the library tomorrow and I'm going to look for some books about reincarnation.

With love,
    Juliaana

9. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome Juliaana,

What a sweet heart you have. The sincerity of your post shines through. Stay true to yourself, the world needs more people like you. If you do a meditation, try Tibetan Bowl music. Tibetan Bells create specific sounds that create binaural beats that do help achieve an altered state quickly. Tibetan Bells, or tingas create perfect binaural beats. Tingas are two chimes connected by a string, each chime is tuned to its own frequency, and when the chimes are struck together, a binaural beat is formed.
    This type of brain synchronization brings the left and the right hemispheres of the brain together, and has been used by many cultures and for many centuries. the vibration, the sound that enables you to go deep, so fast into an altered state without verbal guidance. ;)

Juliaana likes this.
  10. Juliaana

Juliaana New Member

Small update:

After meditating for a few weeks and studying reincarnation your help has helped a lot! I have already remembered my past life's name, location, and year as well as the story in detail. I even remembered a past life from WWII as a French soldier where I was killed during the Battle of France.

I feel peaceful after getting to know those things even though that life in England was full of pain, but after all there were also lots of simple but beautiful things that I loved with all my heart and still do. Those events taught me a lot and I think it had a lot of spiritual importance.

This helped me understand things way better than before, that's for sure!

KenJ and Mere Dreamer like this.