My past life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by UKPerson, Mar 8, 2018.

1. UKPerson

UKPerson New Member

i feel a bit stupid posting this as I’ve never told anyone before.

I am 45 year old male, run a software company and am extremely scientific and pragmatic. There is no such thing as ghosts, telepathy, witchcraft it’s sll nonsense.

However I remember my previous life or, more precisely, my previous death. It sounds nuts but I remember it like a dream, a very vivid dream and have been aware of it for almost ever.

I was executed in the French Revolution, by guillotine. I remember being brought by horse and cart to the square. It was quite ramshackle but the thing that rally sticks out is the terrible smell, the stench. It was a cold and misty day. I was very uncomfortable around the groin and arm pit area. Like I had red raw skin where I had been wearing the same clothes for several days.

The square is in a small town. It wasn’t Paris or anywhere big, a small provincial town. There were a couple of drummers there. I remember the tune they played. Dum, dum, dum dum dum, over and over. I stepped up onto the stage in the centre. It’s wooden and a bit unstable, it does the job but wouldn’t take much to collapse it. As I look at the crowd they look very down on their luck, none are smiling or joking they all look quite sad. I remember looking out at the square. It’s very uncomfortable, not cold but early morning cold to go through you, coupled with the fact I’ve been wearing the same clothes for several days. Not taking them off to sleep as it was to cold.

I remember being in jail before hand. I had to sleep on straw. It was very uncomfortable. I was given water and very stale bread to eat.

I don’t remember much about my life before the jail and execution, but I do remember my clothes are quite fine but very tatty and faded now. I have white tight like leggings on.

When we approach the guillitine we circle around the square. There is a slight jeer but no jubilation or gloating & everyone is quite tense. I then step up and my memory ends.

It seems insane I remember so much of it, the detail. Of everything that sticks out it’s the touch and feel of things I really remember, I would never tell anyone else about it because it makes me question my own sanity.

Oh, and I have a birth mark across the back of my neck, at the bottom. Sideways across. Weird.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. 99SOphie99

99SOphie99 Member

That is very interesting! You do remember a bunch of details. When did your memories begin and did they come gradually or a bunch at once?

3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi UK,

Welcome to the board. Most of the things you named (telepathy, witchcraft, etc.) are nonsense in the manner in which they are usually presented in the popular media, but you already knew that. However, as your memories show, there is a lot more to the universe than will fit into the usual materialist paradigm. Also, really vehement rejections of things always make me wonder--based on my own past experience with myself and with others--whether you are trying desperately to keep such things at a distance from yourself for another reason. There is often an inherent threat involved, often because we are fairly desperate to maintain our grip on our present "reality" or view of reality, and/or really fear something about the thing rejected and what it represents. Often it is fear of falling down the "rabbit hole", a place where all of our well established verities and assumptions are under assault and/or we feel like we will be under assault for abandoning them. This, at the least, can lead to a sense of disorientation and (in my case at least) psychological vertigo, but could also lead (at least in our imaginations) to loss of friends, business, etc.

Anyhow, very interesting memories. They have a definite ring of truth in terms of the details, but from the standpoint of the current state of scientific materialism, you have already fallen down the rabbit hole by having the memories you do. You might as well get used to having your presuppositions challenged and do some exploring while you're down here. I think if you hang around for a bit, you will find some interesting company in the journey.

BTW--I am a 65ish former science type who grew up reading Arthur C. Clarke and Robert Heinlein, wanted to go into space, majored in physics in college, etc. So, I know of what I speak in terms of adherence to the current scientifically respectable paradigms. I was once an almost "true believer". Not quite, but almost.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Welcome to "Wonderland". ;) I haven't found "Alice" yet, but she may be around here somewhere. :cool:

4. Cat1965

Cat1965 Senior Registered

UK, we all have varied back-rounds. I had a fairy tale upbringing but I remember great fear as a small child. I was quite terrified of people. I had terrible nightmares often that I had to learn how to deal with. I am not even sure which life I remembered first but like you the strongest memory is of a violent death during the Crusades
    I was one religion(not sure which) and my boyfriend was Catholic. He had asked me to convert so we could marry. I was crossing a field one day when he came up on horseback. He jumped down and asked me when i would agree to convert. I told him religion was not important to me (exactly like this life) and that i did not believe in picking one. But that I would not convert because it is meaningless and with that he stabbed the dagger into my chest. I have had that vision 100 times and each time the pain of betrayal far out-ways the pain of death.
    I was so young. I also remember one other death quite vividly but it was an accident so not the same. I have never had past life regression. I am too busy to delve into all that. I have met a few people from my past life but none of them believe in reincarnation unfortunately.

5. UKPerson

UKPerson New Member

I quickly looked up some other forums on reincarnation. One had links to previous costumes / dress so I looked up what I thought I was wearing at the time. Here's a picture I found. It shows the leggings I mean, I had leggings on of the same type. They came up to just below the knee. However my trousers were a darker colour, and I also had a rough feeling coat on over my shirt.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  6. UKPerson

UKPerson New Member

This gets even weirder. I've looked more at the costumes. Just as I mention the leggings, I also mention the coat over my shirt. I've then come across this webpage:

https://historyofeuropeanfashion.wordpress.com/tag/french-revolution/

In it, it has an outfit that I completely described:

[​IMG]

I must admit, I hadn't looked any of this up. I had presumed I'd see that dress was entirely different. Maybe it was something that I had seen in films about the era that I saw this in that put the idea into my head?

7. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

You can explain it whatever way makes you feel better, UKPerson. After all, there's plenty of media that might have influenced you. We all have to face that reality in this modern world. There is very little out there that hasn't been made part of a documentary or movie, even if sometimes entirely out of context or culture.

However, I think what you've just discovered counts as validation if you want to accept it that way. I'm sure there are plenty more details you could pull out of that scene that wouldn't be easily explained by a documentary (especially since small details tend to become inaccurate). If you get too specific you have something similar to the trouble of figuring out how to validate a scent, sound, or texture when you're not in the same location and the overall world has changed too much to truly experience things as they were back then.

Also, now that you have more confidence that this might have actually been a past life, try sitting down quietly when you're certain you won't be distracted by random events, and focus in on the clearest moment in your memory. Hold it static until you're fully concentrated and then spin time backward.

Try asking, "What was it like as a child?" or "What were other important moments in this life?" Then just let the experience or glimpses play out without question.

Pretend someone is showing you a story and you just want to understand their perspective for now and aren't worried too much about whether they're telling the truth. Do this a few times and write down any impressions that come up. (And let me warn you that things like names and numbers are notoriously easily shifted to "something that we associate with that emotion". We tend to know people first by our emotional associations to the extent that a stranger's name can make us lean to liking or disliking them based on our connections to someone with a similar name. Emotions are the strongest memories.) Once you have a few pages of impressions, see how they fit together. Maybe you'll have enough for a timeline of that life. Smaller events, like the games you played, secrets you kept, or places you traveled might add up to some interesting realizations over time.

Don't do too much more research until you feel like you've gotten most of the essentials, though. As you can see, research can verify your memories while also raising questions as to where you found that information in the first place. If you gather all the details first, you'll feel more confident about the validations as they come.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018