My past lives research

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Totoro, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Do you mean this photo? It's a photo of Wan Rong on the right, Isabel Ingram in the middle and the girl on the left, her name is Wen Xiu.

I don't believe I've seen a photo of Grace. But Grace is a friend of Isabel's that who would visit Wan Rong with her sometimes.

Here are a couple of additional photos of her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's facing the camera, in the back in the one above.

If your granddaughter looks like her, it may or may not be significant. It's important to back that up with other information such as if she has an interest in China and things like that. Wen Xiu died in 1953. So it's quite possible for her to have a had another life time between then and now. So if there is any connection, it may be a tad harder to find.

Was the other thread on another forum? I'm sorry if it became hard to read though.

I'd be happy to help you with any information if I can; feel free to ask :)

2. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Thank you ,Tortoro. Sorry I mixed up Grace and Isabel. The resemblance to Wen Xiu is more pronounced in the first two photos, where she appears to be my granddaughter's current age. I think it's just a random physical resemblance, as has been discussed elsewhere on the forum. It wasn't your post that was difficult to read, I read it twice, and the quality of your research is excellent. Thank you for your prompt response.

3. Totoro

It's no problem! I just wanted to clarify :)

Yes, in the palace photos Wen Xiu actually was 14. Wan Rong was 17.

Thank you for the compliment and it's my pleasure!

4. Calla

Calla New Member

Fascinating research you've compiled; I've really enjoyed reading this thread! Your story is so incredible, as is the quality of your research and the beautiful pictures that accompany it. It must be exciting to find these connections.

5. Totoro

Thank you for your comments! :)

For the most part, it has been exciting. The feeling has been quite similar to digging out an old photo book and reliving the joy of some old and forgotten bitter sweet memories.

It's also been challenging in other ways too. It's added another dimension to the issues I have and currently face in my life. In some ways its been helpful and provided a tremendous insight into many things and on the other, there's a new sense of loss that I didn't have previously.

I've been able to accurately verify quite a few intuitive thoughts and emotions which gives me quite a bit of confidence in my feelings when I look at the old photos.

So in knowing now that things have changed and between still having a feeling of connection to the way they used to be it can be hard to accept that it was just the past.

But thank you again, and it also looks like you're off to a great start on your own journey :)

6. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Hi Tortoro. My daughter and grand-daughter were over for Christmas, and I showed everyone your photograph of Wen Xiu. They were all startled by the physical resemblance. I suppose the human gene pool has only so many possible combinations. By the way, my daughter's future mother-in-law , coincidently, happens to do past-life regressions. She said that in her experience, it is rare for people to acknowledge incarnations of the opposite sex. She believes it's because the opposite sex experiences don't resonate as strongly. She also believes that not many people can get a name from the past-life, and that for those who do, the "veil" between dimensions is thinner. It may be a small validation of your experiences, but to me, it points up the strength of your memories.

7. Totoro

So have you concluded that it's just a coincidence that they look alike? It may have been very interesting if it wasn't. But as you say I also don't think it's uncommon for people to look similar.

Interestingly, I don't have have any difficulty resonating with female energy. Wan Rong, being also my more previous incarnation, may be easier to remember simple because she was more recent. But no doubt, that's aided by having a thinner veil as you noted.

You're probably right about that and I suppose what's been strange about it to me, is that in spite of it, I seem to have trouble recognizing the obvious. I'm quick to catch on after that initial reaction however!

Much like Wan Rong, I had also seen Ranjit Singh's wikkipedia page on whim while I was researching Sikhism and I also noted again, that we had the same birth date. Hearing the name in my dream, to me, was sort of like a spirit guide or someone saying "Oh c'mon dude! you were right there! I don't believe it!" :D

Thank you thoughts! I'm sorry I am just posting right now as I've been pretty sick of the holidays. I'm feeling much better today.

8. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

!!! Yes, indeed!

9. Totoro

I've been spending some time on the Chinese version of MSN messenger (or other comparable chat program) lately with some of the folks in the Baidu message boards. Due to the time difference though, which is nearly 12 hours, I've only managed to get in a half hour or so, here and there of chat.

We were discussing how little information there is on wan rong before she got married to puyi. I suggested that there maybe is some on her father since he was a qing official who was quite close to puyi.

After that comment, we got talking how I felt that wan rong was angry with her father because she felt that he didn't love her and that actually, in his own way, having money was how he showed he loved his family. It was also a cover (and maybe even self medication) for his crippling anxiety.

I'm able to have the level of insight into these subtle issues that I do simply because I can see the exact parallels between my family now and then quite easily.

Now up to date, I hadn't read anything that directly said that her father was preoccupied with his business or wealth, but it was something I could easily infer from comparing my own father with what I read.

In fact, my own father is convinced that we're Scottish, when in fact our family is actually Irish. This was just a conclusion he came to suddenly when I was about 11. I never understood why he thought that or his fascination with it until I read Isabel Ingram's diary in which she details a yearly, lavish party that was thrown by the Scotsman Reginald Johnston.

Once I read that, it immediately clicked with me that this is someone that my dad would have been impressed with. The distinguished Scottish heritage, the wealth, influence and importance... Suddenly it made sense!

But in the chat I tried to say that while he had his own issues, he was concerned about and loved his children, which is why he followed puyi to tianjin and manchukuo.

A person in the chat commented that he only did so because he was a mercenary. And I was curious about what they meant so I asked them to explain. They said that he was there because he wanted puyi's money.

At that point in the history of their saga, I don't believe that. But then the person commented that it was documented that both puyi and wan rong complained that rongyuan was too concerned with money and that his wife often scolded him for such.

While I don't know the source of the comments, hearing them doesn't surprise me. The money to my father, simply means that he can provide things for his children and see that they are safe. He uses the "show" aspect of it to disguise his anxiety in that if people can see the fancy outside, they won't look at the real inside. This is entirely subconscious of course.

Even though the pattern of our lives is a near match, I'm always surprised to find new facts which can only be expected, to be rather surprising.

Maybe it's because here in this life, realizing that I've had a past life is so obvious and yet un-obvious at the same time. It's like no matter what I find, it keeps proving that little voice in the back of my head wrong and there's a part of me that's completely delighted and tickled by it.

10. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

The way these circumstances line up so clearly over generations provide wonderful validation, especially with the idea of a soul's consistency of habit and character which seems to prevail. And yes...I can see how you would be tickled, all the while putting an end to the internal questions! Quite satisfying I am sure!

11. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Do you know what "Scotch Irish" is? You can google it. They were Scots sent by the British to be overseer's in Ireland. I think you could say they were "well to do". Your father may have been told that by a relative when he was a child, etc. My dad or his mother told me when I was young that we were "Scotch Irish". But I have never found anything to collaborate that.

12. Totoro

:laugh: I am aware of that. The funny thing is, is that our last name (which I won't post openly) is predominately associated with Scotland, so much so that there is little info on the Irish origins of the name. What is there is usually referred to as being either firmly or woefully landlocked, depending on the perspective of the writer :laugh:

While we have the same name as our more famous counterpart, the origins are totally different. The Scottish version is a derivative of a Norse word and mine is an Anglicization of a Gaelic name.

Oral family history puts us in the same county as the "landlocked" name and I've also seen several lists of the British "overseers" and our name isn't among them nor is the region of Ireland we're from.

My mom even says it's pure fantasy on his part. And at this point, what do I care :laugh: But at the beginning, I started my "quest" with genealogy and it's given me a wonderful experience. But now comparing it with my past life research, I'm not one at all to judge if someone takes comfort in something like that. Because quite obviously, that's his link to his past life.

13. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I think you are right.

14. Totoro

Being the ruling family of China the time, they no doubt were invited to the party many times. I just find it very interesting that I'm the one who is China obsessed and my dad picked Scotland to be fascinated by! It just makes you think maybe why were we there? Or how does that whole thing work really.

I'm certain though that we're in America now because of my Dad's influence, for a variety of reasons. Maybe last time I got to pick where we lived! I dunno :laugh:

It's true even down to physical mannerisms! It simply just not seem to end! I'm always fascinated by it.

I still owe you a PM, you've been on mind, I didn't forget you :D

15. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

Totoro,

Is it possible those memories are clouded by the part of the country the person you were talking to is in? For instance, if you ask about what happened in the Civil War you will get a different answer from someone who grew up and was educated in the south than the reply from a life long northener.

Maybe they are right in a way and so is that little voice inside your head ....

Just a weird thought that popped into my head as I read your reply ...

16. Totoro

It was a china history chat group and the person who had said that about the money had read that somewhere. It fits well within what i would expect as an observation of his behavior.

I mean what they had said was a direct quote from another source rather than an interpretation.

So i guess im not clear on what memory you were talking about? :)

17. Mama2HRB

Somehow I replied to a totally different thread and it ended up here. I am sorry for the confusion. ROTFLMAO

I wonder how that happened? I even read your thread through again and it is NOT the one I was replying. Hmmmm ... I addressed you because I typed the reply then went to the top to make sure I had the right name for the thread.

I shall have to research this further. Sorry for the confusion.

18. Mama2HRB

I was speaking of this post.

19. Totoro

I guess what I don't understand is what you mean when you say

Which memories do you mean? I'm just confused as I wasn't discussing a past life memory, but rather comparing my present father with recorded comments about my past father.

I hope that helps :laugh: I'm just confused for some reason .. cover face

20. Mama2HRB

I am sorry, local slang sneaking in ...

I will have to come back to this later and explain myself better. I am sorry, I just can't figure a better way to phrase it right now.

Could be that my mind is deeply entrenched in 1888 and my book ...