My past lives research

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Totoro, Jul 25, 2011.

1. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Totoro,

Sorry about the bad year, and hope that it all will work out for the best. Nothing you say startles me too much in terms of the loosening of bonds allowing a degree of relaxing into who you actually feel yourself to be. One way or another, I think this happens to everybody to some degree or another in this situation. The truth is that we all have to sacrifice part of ourselves to make marriage work--once again, some more and some less. No two people ever seem to be an exact match, though some definitely come closer than others. One way or another, the sacrifice is worth it or (in this modern age) people call it quits. I hope for the best for you and your wife, but in my heart feel like its going to be a toughie either way. And, conversely, there are going to be some positives either way. Perhaps the balance will be better for both of you this time around. Only you two can make the decision, and it takes two to make it work. Best of luck!

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Very curious about the how you "know that I'll be a girl again in my next life and we will live again in Tianjin, China." This subject came up repeatedly with "Divine One" in her prior threads.

2. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

You're absolutely right.. there's not much I can add to your insightful commentary! I'm just kind of playing the waiting game right now and it's incredibly hard.

I've had quite a few dreams and just some intuition about myself and where I see things going. First, I had a lucid dream in which I was looking at myself in the backseat of my dad's car. I knew it was my dad's as it was the kind of car he'd like.. really fancy, leather interior and I was sitting on the side I always did when I was a kid. I was a young girl, maybe 10-12. I couldn't see my face though as I was looking out the window, which is what I liked to do. It more like some out of body experiences I've had rather than a dream. I'm just kind of floating, looking at myself from the outside. I don't have any sensations of having a body or anything. The girl was obviously Asian.. she had long black hair.

The second dream I had was another lucid, out of body experience. All though this time, I was with my parents and sister and we were floating near some mountains and looking down at what looked like a giant, wide, concrete sidewalk next to the water. We didn't have bodies and I could only "sense" that my family was there. My dad wanted us to be there to look at all the changes that were occurring around our home. I've always recalled the dream whenever I see threads or posts about being tied to a particular geographical place. I was able to find an article online and a photo that detailed what I was looking at. At the time I had the dream, there was an explosion in economic development in Tianjin and a major expansion at the port, which is what we were looking at.

If it wasn't for the hostile period in time towards the imperial families, I'm sure we'd still be there instead of where we are today. As the economic development of China picks up and my dad being the businessman he is, I see us going back there and the dream was perhaps a family meeting or investigation of the potential of moving back. It's interesting that when I was a kid, long before any of this and I guess I was just a Sinophile, I was just hoping and wishing that China would have an industrial revolution and that it deserved one.

I must have been pulling on the knowledge of my former life as now I'm watching many, many films about the imperial period in China that seem to be addressing the question about why China was the birthplace of most of the world's foundation.. Paper, gunpowder, the printing press, the cross bow and many other countless inventions. Yet somehow it failed to capitalize on those and fell behind the rest of the world and was conquered by their innovations of things that China invented.

This life for me was a sort of time out. All of my male lives have been in the military and I tried to join too in this life, but I had such crippling anxiety about it, I failed to go through with it. My wife always said it was a good thing I didn't as I never would have met her. The world isn't based on inherited chains of power passed through dynasties any more. As Ranjit Singh, my empire collapsed as soon as I was gone. That's a big feather in my cap, but it also demonstrates how futile forms of government like that are. In China, I had no power but I did what I could.

Intuitively, I see taking up my old mother, daughter relationship with my mom again. I then see myself going to dance and martial arts classes and in trying to fulfill my mission to always help people, I'll most likely work in film or TV where I'll become one of those annoying actresses who are always working for one cause or another.. But I won't be doing it out of guilt, but genuine sincerity. I don't see myself running for office or anything like that.. Ranjit inherited his empire from his father and made it his own. I don't see myself forging empires and fighting wars anymore, but rather using what makes me unique as a person to find my own success and using that as a platform for helping people. Although I still want to fight, so I see myself having a career as a female action star. Acting was something else I strongly wanted to get into in this life..

3. SeaAndSky

Hi Totoro,

Thanks for the info on your dreams, which definitely seem to be of a precognitive/Future life revealing type. I remain fascinated by the way that people identify with being "Chinese" or "Irish" or "Ancient Egyptian" or etc. This is something that I started a thread on a while back. The reaction was a bit "mixed" as I recall, but it seems to me that just as we develop a sense of ourselves in relation to (or one of) a particular grouping of individuals who continue to show up in our various lives, or as being essentially masculine or feminine, it appears that we also develop a sense of ourselves, individually as well as a soul group, in relation to a particular culture and (often) geographical region. All of this may just be because we develop a degree of familiarity that makes us continue to gravitate towards what we know best (and possibly love). However, I rather like that sense of continuity, though I also can see that not everyone fits under the bell curve in terms of continuity of soul group, gender, geography, culture, or region in every incarnation. Likewise, it seems that when it comes to "cultural" attractions, these can be very broad or very narrow, with region/culture being broadly "Euro" or "Far East" or etc. or extremely narrow, such as Japanese, Chinese, Irish, etc. Anyhow, thanks again for the insights. I am only hoping that China will be a very open and human rights oriented civilization by that time, as it may well be at the top of the heap by the time you get back there again!

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Once again, best of luck in terms of the outcome of your waiting game. I can't help but hope that you two come back together in a fulfilling relationship that has been made stronger and more comfortable for both of you by virtue of what you have learned (and how you have changed) during your separation, but that's me. Underneath it all, I am pretty "romantic" about life and human relationships, and always hope for that "happily ever after" ending.

PPS--I have also been very interested in martial arts during my life, but somehow my efforts to take and continue classes in Judo, Karate and Aikido have always run afoul of practical demands and been unsustainable. At this point, I'm not really looking in that direction any longer, but sometimes I have found that it is after I have stopped looking or even thinking about something that it pops back up again, often in a very different form.

tanguerra likes this.
  4. Totoro

S&S, that's my hope too.. hopefully we can both learn from this and grow stronger together, that's my wish as well.

I've always wondered about gravitating towards certain things myself. Out of all the things we can choose to be, why choose the same or similar things? I've often wondered if we don't rotate or something.. maybe it's a silly thought.. During some deep meditation though, I definitely saw myself moving from the Savannah of Africa, to Japan, then Mongolia. I even did a guided regression where you descend down a spiral staircase. I then looked at myself and saw a dress and shoes I was later able to find a photo of myself in.

Do you just mean that you haven't had time for matrial arts? It was fun.. I spent a long time doing it in my youth and young adult hood. I'm more content to practice now at home by myself when I have time.

I see you're in Florida.. I'm over in Tampa. Which part are you in?

tanguerra likes this.
  5. SeaAndSky

Hi Totoro,

Recently Tanguerra talked about "love" as being the thing that draws us back here. I'm not sure that is the only thing, but it certainly seems to be part of the equation, and I mean that in the broad sense. So, there is love of "someone" and/or love of what is commonly called our "soul group" (as Tanguerra suggests), but there are many other things to "love" as well. It is not that unusual, at least from books I read from the past, for people to intensely love their native land. I don't mean that in the rather abstract sense of most people who say they "love their country"--which can include all kinds of factors political and cultural. I'm initially talking about that intensive love of certain natural surroundings, the wind blown cliffs towering over the ocean, the long desert with its Biiiig sky and sunsets, the green mountains--what people often refer to in a general sense as "Home". Of course, culture, people and a variety of other things can be loved and become part of that love of place. So, I'm not surprised that we tend to gravitate to certain geographical areas. However, like you, I am aware of shifts that take place. How and why? Your situation may suggest at least one reason--changed circumstances at "home", but there could be many more.

In terms of martial arts, I grew up where they were comparatively rare (during my growing up years), but got started as soon as I could after High School. Judo was available and I loved it. Unfortunately, they closed the dojo about the time I was ready to get my brown belt. Then I started Shotokan, once again getting to green before I had a move. Started in Tae Kwon Do, got to green in a jump promotion, and had to leave for law school. After a few years I started in another style and once again progressed, but job, marriage and family stopped me for decades after that (plus the fact that we have always lived in the country far away from much of that type). I finally got a chance to get started again in Aikido while I was in a stint up in Rochester, NY, but once again moved after I had been taking a couple of years and had a couple of promotions. That has been more than 9 years ago and I am now in my 60s, overweight and out of shape. Once again, I live in deep country, so I don't think I'll ever get back to it at this point, but life is strange that way--who knows what the future will bring.

In terms of physical locale, I'm out in the country about half-way between Gainesville and Jacksonville. Anything I would want to do is at least an hour away and usually 1.5 hrs. The logistics, cost, and time away from family just make it pretty well impossible in most respects. I'm not so interested in "hard" style stuff at this point. I really liked Aikido, both because I appreciate it as a martial art, and because I think my body could still handle it the way it is generally practiced. I was always very interested in Pa Qua (as it was referred to in the 60s and 70s), but it was never available anywhere nearby, and never has been as far as I can tell. I could probably go into the reasons this particularly art attracted me in terms of the "soft" forms of Chinese arts, but I've rambled on long enough!

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--It is always possible that I have also had some lives in the Far East where the martial arts mentioned are practiced, but I don't know. I have also been very interested in Western styles, but they are even harder to get outside of large urban environments than Eastern styles.

tanguerra likes this.
  6. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Yes. Love. Only love.

Love of country: in the Australian Aborigine way - you belong to your 'country' but the land does not belong to you. Your 'country' owns you and you are drawn together. Nothing to do with 'flags' etc. It's complicated.

Of course, the love of your family and your friends and your 'soul' group... Would you follow them anywhere? It depends.

Love is the 'gravity' that holds it all together in my view. For better for worse, richer or poorer, sickness or health...

I wrote about all the complicated feelings I felt (and still feel) about Scotland. My friends, my family, our farm, our land... war and all that in my thread on Scotland.

I can relate.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    SeaAndSky likes this.
  7. Totoro

I'm at a loss to explain it other than love myself.. I don't know what it is about China for me.. I remember being so frustrated watching those old Kung Fu movies as a kid. I felt like I should just know what the inside of the houses looked like and I used to try and pause movies to see if I could decode the characters in the credits. I mean I was literally angry and frustrated. It's like that feeling you get when you can't find your keys, but there they are, sitting on the hook or whatever where you left them! Ugh!

You're right! Even here, I belong there..

I made pepper steak last night for dinner and I'm finding it funny that I can cook really well now, but I can't cook rice to save my life. It's a cup of water, boil it, add rice. Right? Nope.. not that easy. I'm like how could I be a Chinese girl in my last life and not be able to make rice to save my life?!?! They said I preferred steamed buns over rice, which is true.. I guess rice was never my thing..

http://www.ourbigmove.com/my-little-china-girl/

I keep seeing things like this pop up all the time. I don't know of any other monarch that this happens to, but Puyi and Wan Rong seem to turn up over and over again in paintings, crafts, DIY art projects etc. It's really, really weird to see yourself being someone's couch pillow. There's a sort of impressionist movement where the paintings are all wispy, drippy, blurry and so on. It's kind of neat.

Maybe it's the tragic lives they've lead; perhaps it holds some kind of romance and cultural identity. We see the same thing here with James Dean and Marilyn Monroe.

8. Totoro

[​IMG]

I just visited my parents for mother's day and my mom brought back this photo (on the left) of my great grandfather (my mother's mother's father). She always thought I was just like him in looks and personality. I have to say I strongly agree. My wife even thought this was some sort of old dress up picture I did. I couldn't seem to find a photo comparison of myself before and after I lost 40 pounds, but in the before, you'd be easily convinced this was me in the photo.

He was a caretaker (wished he could have been some kind of counselor, I have a BA in psychology), loved to travel (he was a truck driver, something I wanted to do. For the space and the travel). He had a strong fondness for pastries (I love any kind of pastries!!). I've smoked in all of my lives. I've wanted a pipe in this one, but never got around to it and quit before I ever could.

Funny thing is, he moved across the country to live in an area of southern California that was right next to where I had distinct memories of the vietnam war. I highly suspect I "checked in on" a young man who was a helicopter pilot during the vietnam war and lived in that area as well. I'm also very close with my grandmother and mother.

I think, this could be a split life. He was born in 1910 and my Chinese life was born in 1906. It explains very well why I've always felt like I was a 60/40 split between a young woman and an old man. Aside from feminine qualities, I have a huge affinity for the 30's and 40's. I'm much more familiar with Jack Benny, George Burns, the shadow and things like that than anyone of my generation. I also comb my hair with pomade in a 40's style as well. Not like anything the hipsters do now, but something like you'd see on the andy griffith show.

I remember though when I was a kid one summer, I made my own corn cob pipe out of a dried piece of corn and a straw from a juice box. That was also the around the time I ran around my cousins basement in a pair of heels someone had given her to play dress up with! Funny how past live traits come out! I'm actually laughing now thinking back on it!

I asked my mom his birthday, but she doesn't know. We're going to NY soon and she's going to look for me in some records at her parent's house.

Last edited: May 15, 2017