• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My personal strategy to know if it's a past life memorie

Jada

Just to share with you guys what my personal strategy to know if what I saw is a past life memorie or not... Please share yours, too!

In a book from Brian Weiss ( don't remember each one ) I read that even if the meditation is over you still can have informations about what you see.

Example: when I saw myself as the young boy in the natives tribe , even if the scene lasted for a few seconds I was able, one awakened , to know other infos like the fact that in that tribe women weren't allowed to take decisions on everydays life or to choose when or who marry. or other infos about my problems in that life , my relationship with my parents and so on.

So basically this is my way to analyze my memories. If I can see further , if i can "feel" other details besides what I saw, like age or nationality, social status, personal issues , I probably had pas life experience.
I could never ever knew about the natives. It's not something we learn at school in Italy. I never saw a movie about... How do you analyze you memories? How can you tell if it's not just a dream or a fantasy? Feel free to share your ideas/experience!

First, a word of advice: please try to slow down and use proper spelling when you post. You'll find that your posts will be easier to understand as a result (ie, it's spelled memory, not memorie)

Second, the best way to verify your possible memory is to do research. If you're not up to reading big blocks of text, you can do a Google Search with quotes, e.g. "Women's Role In Tribal Life" or "Tribal People of (insert country here)"

It would also help if you gave more details. What country were you from? What era was it? You can pinpoint these details via your PL name and what you were wearing in your regression.

Hope this helps! :)

Jada, your process is interesting. I'll have to try stream of consciousness typing one of these days and see if anything interesting comes up.

I find that past life memories tend to direct me, while my imagination is something I control and direct. If I'm "too in control of the events" then I question the results and test by going back another time to check details. If it reproduces in even more detail or matches, even after a long time of not thinking about it then I consider that to be a good indicator.

I consider the level of emotional content as well. Also the vividness and tangibility of a memory.

TheCuriousOne said:
First, a word of advice: please try to slow down and use proper spelling when you post. You'll find that your posts will be easier to understand as a result (ie, it's spelled memory, not memorie)
Second, the best way to verify your possible memory is to do research.
It seems "memorie" is the "Old French" spelling of memory, TheCuriousOne. We all have glitches when we type. Even professional editors make mistakes.

I take it your preferred method of testing whether your memories are valid is to research?

It's not easy , I know you're right and I should write properly but I'm italian and even if I studied English since I was seven years old ( I'm 32 now) sometimes I must admit that using an appropriate vocabulary on a specific topic it's hard!

Sorry!

What is PL language ? : )

Jada said:
It's not easy , I know you're right and I should write properly but I'm italian and even if I studied English since I was seven years old ( I'm 32 now) sometimes I must admit that using an appropriate vocabulary on a specific topic it's hard!
Sorry!

You should have told us English is not your native language. Sometimes we can tell right away, but not always. You should change your profile and make Italy as your location. Then people will understand.

Jada, I'm sorry, I had no idea. I hope I wasn't too rude. hug2.gif

But I agree with Argonne, you should let us know if English isn't your first language, or you could input your location (just go to your personal profile and click edit)

She mentioned school in Italy. So I assumed she was Italian and therefore English was not her first language. But I had no trouble reading her post. I thought she did great.

No problem! It's ok!

I also speak Japanese and spanish but I must admit that sometimes it's hard to find the right words to explain the concept I want to describe!!!

I will try to be more precise ... Sorry!

Hi jada,

Good job. Wish I could speak other languages. Carol Bowman's Past Life Forum has been in existence since 1997.

The Past Life Forum is the only place we know of on the Internet that offers a safe and supportive environment for parents and grandparents to ask questions and get informed answers about children who appear to be remembering a past life. This was the original reason Carol and Steve Bowman created the Forum seventeen years ago. And although it’s grown , I hope you enjoy coming here. We've enjoyed having you.

Membership is Internationally based. The moderation team is as well. We volunteer to help make sure the forum is maintained and running smoothly.

We ask that everyone please be mindful of your choice of words when posting. Especially when responding to another member. Help us create a community of understanding, compassion, and kindness as we help others learn about reincarnation and what remembering past lives mean.

I look forward to reading more.

Jada,

I truly am impressed with your knowledge of four languages. My daughter had a teacher who was from Venezuela. She thinks in Spanish, speaks in English and teaches French. We find that fascinating.

Back to your post, Brian Weiss has an amazing regression video on youtube. I have sent many people there with great results.

Enjoy :)

Hello Jada. No need to apologize for your English, I think it's fine. Also, the best way to learn a language it's to practice it. When I first started participating in forums I used expressions like "I' m sending fruit on this topic" (a local expression for "I' m talking about this topic without really knowing much about it") and now things have improved.

As for your question, we wrote an article about it that you might find interesting. Summarizing it: how the memory feels like in the dream/ meditation - how the memory affects you emotionally - if it can be historically validated - if it makes sense with other memories of yours or it can explain this life feelings/thoughts, is what makes memories different from just imagination.

Last edited:
Jada said:
Sorry!

Don't you worry Jada. Your English is perfectly fine. I think most people don't have any trouble understanding you.

Thank you for your very interesting contribution.

Jada said:
So basically this is my way to analyze my memories. If I can see further , if i can "feel" other details besides what I saw, like age or nationality, social status, personal issues , I probably had pas life experience.

I could never ever knew about the natives. It's not something we learn at school in Italy. I never saw a movie about... How do you analyze you memories? How can you tell if it's not just a dream or a fantasy? Feel free to share your ideas/experience!
Yes. I agree with this. Sometimes I just 'know' a whole lot of stuff about the society, the culture, and what was going on at the time. Past life experiences are shown as images when you see something in the movies for instance, but it's a lot more than that when you have an experience. Another good way to tell is that it is likely to be emotional. You will feel much more engaged with an experience like this than a regular dream or some kind of day dream for instance.

The main reason I wanted to join this forum is simple: looking from answers with the help of others who probably know much more than me about specific topics.

As for the information about the native American there are no others who could help me more that people from the states because at least you guys grew up with those kind of infos in your culture, probably you even study this stuff at school.

Who knows, maybe one day, when one of you will have a memorY about the Pope or the ancient Roman Empire I will help some of you.

Jada said:
Who knows, maybe one day, when one of you will have a memory about the Pope or the ancient Roman Empire I will help some of you.
Yes, that's how we help each other here. Also with foreign languages. Sometimes people, especially children, will get a word that makes no sense to them. They will post the word here and someone will recognize it as a foreign language.

Emotional content is a good indicator, and if the memories come from a "deep level", which means, if they are there regardless of what you think about it, whether you intellectually believe it or not, whether others believe it, and whether anyone cares.

Like the memory is from beyond your conscious thought, and it cannot be changed by thinking about it, in the same way an experience from you childhood cannot be changed no matter how much you speculate about it.

Being able to know things which you did not know/have not read about, sensory details, feeling that you were "there" and know his/her thoughts and feelings and even some factual things; you might not know all the details of what happened in the persons life but you intuitively "know" the history of that lifetime and what they are dealing with.

Quote from Mira Kelley:

"...the way you know that a regression is a real experience is simply by the emotions. The emotions feels so strong the connections feel so strong that no one would be able to come and tell you this was imagined and that’s really what I experienced with my very first regression as a child. It was such an incredibly powerful experience that no one could ever come and tell me it’s not real it just feels right, it feels emotionally real and right."

Long ago I wrote;

"YOU KNOW WHEN YOU GOT TO A KEY (PAST-LIFE etc.) ISSUE, WHEN;

1. You feel the emotion powerfully.

2. You tap* it away quickly.

3. You see how that was behind major issues / feelings in this life i.e. the feelings are familiar.

4. Those present life issues / feelings are healed.

5. Your life changes."

*tapping based on EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) principles.

Jada said:
Just to share with you guys what my personal strategy to know if what I saw is a past life memorie or not... Please share yours, too!
...How can you tell if it's not just a dream or a fantasy? Feel free to share your ideas/experience!

Back