Netflix - The Last Czars

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Eva1942, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma..

Has anyone seen this? What are your thoughts? Does it portray the Romanov family correctly? I know there are some reincarnates of them on this forum (I did a search first because I did not wish to touch on anything too sensitive).

I started watching it yesterday, but the choppy ideal of part documentary, part movie left me a bit confused. I for one, did not know that Nicolas II’s Wife was German.

Eva x

2. AlteSeele

AlteSeele Senior Registered

I've seen this and it's accurate historically. The actor who was cast as Rasputin really impressed me with his resemblance to him. Ditto for the Czarina.

3. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

I've always found Rasputin difficult to grasp. So much is said, so much is written about him. But these are the records of others. What is missing from the record is Rasputin's own account, his own story. I've always been intrigued, but disappointed by the lack of real insight. I came across at least one purported channelling, where supposedly he was able to tell his own story. But these things are difficult to assess, may be mere fantasy.

4. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma..

I could not grasp the 'character' of Rasputin either. For one, the monastery/church he visits is indeed a Catholic Church. This was said in a article that picks apart the historical inaccuracies of the series. Not sure if I will watch the rest of the series.

Maybe the reincarnation of Rasputin is lurking about, but too afraid to come forward to tell his own story?

Eva x

5. DearlittleMaria

DearlittleMaria Active Member

I watched the show and from my memories of my family and what I have briefly read to confirm memories I think it is the most accurate portrayl of us. I also believe how they handled the execution was the most accurate that I have seen so far, it was close if not almost identical to my memories and nightmares of that night although it missed some stuff but they cant have it extremely accurate due to graphics. Rasputin I don't think will ever be perfectly captured but they might have come close.

AlteSeele likes this.