• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

New Member Introductions - August 2012

GUYL22

Forever21
Hello Everyone,

My name is Bri I am a 21 year old College student from USA. I love to learn new things and I have always been fastinated by recarination such animals, people etc. I always wanted know more about them every since I was in my teens. I like to read, write, sing, dance, knit, help others, and hang out with friends. Feel free to ask me anything...I will be delighted to answer. :)

Hello Bri and welcome!! At the request of the forum owners we don't get into animal reincarnation here, but we sure talk about the human journey. Take a quick peak at the posting guidelines here. We're glad you found us! What is your experience with reincarnation and past lives?

Tman

Hi, I just joined up on the forums, but the whole idea of past-life regression is new to me.

This past weekend I was on an investigation (I volunteer with The Illinois Ghost Society), and one of my team members brought up the topic of past lives, and told me about her mother's experience, and how she herself was working on figuring out her own history. I found it very interesting how things from one's current life have a major reflection of what one may have experienced in a previous life. It's just something I've never really thought about before.

I can't afford a therapist. I can't afford to go out buy books or take any classes on this. But I have been described as a very intense person, in a lot of ways, and I want to know why I have such strange interests, tendencies...idk, I wanna know where all the weird sh*t in my head comes from. If anyone has any tips on how to maybe get the ball rolling without going to a therpist or something right off the bat, I would greatly appreciate it!

Love,

Sazzy

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Probabaly the best thign you could do to get started it to read the FAQ here as it provides a lot of information in one place.

The next thing to do is to take inventory of yourself and you natural preferences, likes, aversions and personality.

The main things I would look for is anything asynchronous,

meaning that you have an unexplained interest in something (a time period, music, type of clothing etc) that you may have that's a bit out of the ordinary to your current experience.

That's probably the most obvious place to start. And once you find some "leads", the next part mirror historical and genealogical research and there's plenty of resources to help you with that, on the internet, libraries etc.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or need help :)

Sazzy said:
If anyone has any tips on how to maybe get the ball rolling without going to a therpist or something right off the bat, I would greatly appreciate it!
Hi Sazzy! Welcome to the Forum!

There are many way of approaching the subject of Reincarnation depending upon where each individual is coming from. If, for example, the person is truly critical of their sources and is not likely to believe every theory that presents itself; then, I would say the best approach is to begin reading some of the recommended sources that are suggested on this Forum including anything by Dr. Ian Stevenson, Carol Bowman, Dr. Brian Weiss, etc. I would go further by recommending books about Parapsychology by Drs. Dean Radin, Charles Tart, Russell Targ, etc. It is often the case that people—who consider themselves rational and prone to questioning everything—prefer to approach a subject like this as carefully as possible.

On the other hand, there are those who find themselves predisposed to accepting the possibility of Reincarnation without question—possibly because they have already had a personal experience, or because they know in their hearts that it exists—and they are looking for way to quickly connect to who they were in a past life. Then, the most economic approach is to practice forms of meditation and self-hypnosis that can be assisted by online videos. However, this approach is often frustrating and may be only marginally successful.

I would say that the vast majority of us probably fit in the first category, because we are so thoroughly indoctrinated to the materialist viewpoint that we can only know what our senses perceive. In addition a substantial percentage of us are also religiously indoctrinated into believing that Reincarnation cannot exist. In such cases we will remain blind to the evidence of Reincarnation unless we begin to read the scientific and observational data that is available, and no amount of techniques will credibly disclose past life memories without the help of a well-trained past life therapist.

Welcome Bri! I am a 23 year old college/university student - there is loads of information on here and reviews that could give you ideas of what to read on reincarnation if you are interested.

May I ask what you are studying and what your background is? Like are you religious at all or were you brought with a particular religion? :)

Thank you very much, both of you for your suggestions and for taking the time to really consider my questions.

I am a christian, and i believe we are here to gain experience, to be hurt and be loved, and grow to love God based on our own life stories, failures and achievements. I also believe that if in one lifetime we do not accomplish all that has been planned for us, we come back to keep trying. Everybody has their own definition of some higher strength, be it God or a Goddess or whatever suits them spiritually. That's why I am so greatful for forums like this, is even though our beliefs may not exactly match up, we all have a desire to understand ourselves more and everyone has some positive perspective to offer.

I shall peruse Amazon now to see what I can find :)

Hi Sazzy, welcome to the forum :)

You might want to check out this thread if you're on a tight budget: Audio CD's Suitable For Past Life Regressions. I've used a few of them myself and they do work. Different people get different results though, so good luck.

I hope you stick around and let us know how you progress.

Chris :)

My name is Patti. I am not "religious" but Spiritual. I do Reiki, distant healing and prayer partners. I have had one past life regression done and it answered alot of questions I had as to why I seemed to be drawn to a specific time and place in the past. I am so looking forward to being a part of this community of like minded people!

Namaste

Hi Patti, welcome to the forum :)

I hope you soon feel comfortable enough here to share some of your past life experiences. Feel free to join in with the discussions or ask any questions, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Chris :)

Welcome to the past life forum Sazzy! There are many, many ways of learning more about reincarnation, and about your own past lives without going to have a regression done by a professional. Others have already given you good recommendations above, ChrisR gave you a very good link - I too have used some of the self-regression CDs with success. I highly recommend reading some of Brian Weiss, Carol Bowman, Barbara Lane & Roger Woolger's books about past lives as well.

Sazzy said:
I also believe that if in one lifetime we do not accomplish all that has been planned for us, we come back to keep trying.
There is way to much to learn in this world to possibly learn it all in one lifetime! :thumbsup:

Hi Patti, welcome!! Enjoy the forum.... check out the FAQ section to start things out!

Tman

Hi Sazzy, thanks for joining us here!! I read this and it made me smile, I too am Christian and we think alike... I agree with your whole statement.

I am a christian, and i believe we are here to gain experience, to be hurt and be loved, and grow to love God based on our own life stories, failures and achievements. I also believe that if in one lifetime we do not accomplish all that has been planned for us, we come back to keep trying. Everybody has their own definition of some higher strength, be it God or a Goddess or whatever suits them spiritually. That's why I am so greatful for forums like this, is even though our beliefs may not exactly match up, we all have a desire to understand ourselves more and everyone has some positive perspective to offer.
Tman

I am not a Christian because of the man made, suppressive dogma and politics of the Church, but a Christian because I believe in the teachings of Christ, just as I also believe in the teachings of other advanced Souls down through the ages.

IMHO, Reincarnation goes hand in hand with Christianity, and does not invalidate it in any way, one can believe in Reincarnation and still be a Christian, I am!!!

Well I am not neccessarily sure but I feel that I am a reincarnated Angel...:) But I wanted to do more research on it. I understand and I have read the guidelines pertaining to posting. I was just giving you information about me. Not neccessarily saying that's what I was looking for in this forum.

Sawol said:
Welcome Bri! I am a 23 year old college/university student - there is loads of information on here and reviews that could give you ideas of what to read on reincarnation if you are interested.
May I ask what you are studying and what your background is? Like are you religious at all or were you brought with a particular religion? :)
Thank you Sawol. I am studying Business Administration. I don't consider myself as a Religious person. But I am a person that firmly believes in God and Jesus Christ and I was brought up in a particular religion. :)

Hi

Hello :)

I am new to the forum but I can't say I am all that new to the idea of reincarnation as it first crossed my mind when I was 15 and was on the fence about the subject. I went into a sort of "reincarnation hibernation" for quite a number of years and just recently got back into it with a more accepting attitude.

I do know a fair bit about my past life which was brought on by memory recalls, dreams, idiosyncrasies and even physical ailments that have appeared in this life that I have been able to verify. I was a Jewish victim of the Nazi's and I know the names of my pl family. I think the biggest hurdle I am facing now is that while I think I know who I was in my pl ( everything I have mentioned above points to this individual) I just can't feel it, but I feel an attachment or love for him like he was a brother or son rather then attachment because I was him, however I have nothing to show that I could have been anyone else..? It's bizarre.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca

Welcome Rebecca,

Nice to have you here. I hope you share more of your experiences and enjoy the forum and it's resources. :cool

Hello I suppose

Okay so new to all this, not a very techy person but I am very interested in past lives and reincarnation. I'm only 17 so I haven't had many experiences myself but trying to explore and learn. I'm hoping maybe talking to other people and learning about others experiences will help open up some memories of my own. If anyone has any advice about remembering past lives the help is greatly appreciated!

Lyss said:
If anyone has any advice about remembering past lives the help is greatly appreciated!
Hi Lyss! Welcome to the Forum. The first advice I can give is to read one or both of Carol Bowman's books: "Children's Past Lives", and "Return From Heaven". These contain extremely interesting and inspiring true cases that read like short stories, and will be a painless way of being introduced to the subject of Reincarnation. My second piece of advice would be to trust us with any questions you may have, and accept the fact that none of us are experts while we walk this path together.

Rebecca151 said:
I think the biggest hurdle I am facing now is that while I think I know who I was in my pl ( everything I have mentioned above points to this individual) I just can't feel it, but I feel an attachment or love for him like he was a brother or son rather then attachment because I was him, however I have nothing to show that I could have been anyone else..? It's bizarre.
Hi Rebecca, welcome to the forum :)

I'm rather curious as to why you feel this is a hurdle? I think these feelings that you describe are more common than you think, and I can totally relate to them. In response to these feelings, I personally created a website in honour of my past life self, I think she deserves to be remembered. I also sponsor a child in Ecuador named Lisbet (also my past life name), it helps me to feel that her/my short past life is significant and beneficial to somebody who lives today. Maybe something like this could also help you some day?

Although your soul experienced the life of that Jewish victim of the Nazi's, it was still another lifetime and not the one that you are living now. I don't think it's bizarre to feel 'love' for this person. :)

Thank you :D

well I think I'm going to blog my experience as it may be too long to write about on the forum.

"H" I wouldn't say was famous but the name was written in the history books because of a crime committed when the mistreatment of Jews really started to unfold. I am wondering if it's just a little bit of denial that I'm feeling because of the incident? Like I said my "pl hints" seem to point towards H and not to anyone else.

Anyways that's just a bit about me, I have been lurking around the forum and decided it's about time to come out of the wood work and actually post something ;)

Back