• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

New Member Introductions - June 2013

We're in Marrero on the Westbank. Small world!

BriarRose said:
Which suburb, bourb? I used to live in Kenner, and had my son in Metairie in this life. I still long for New Orleans sometimes. I spent part of a lifetime there in 1850-1890.

In reply to why I came here. I have had some issues regarding memories and things happening. I just posted a couple things in the forum.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful welcome messages. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Just joined

I've been meaning to post here for awhile but wasn't sure if my questions would be welcome. I'll start by saying, English is not my first language so please excuse any mistakes I'll probably make. And I hope everything I say is within the posting guidelines.

My first question is actually related to this, which is: do you think people generally choose to be born into a family that speaks the language they used to speak? Or is it even like that? Can you chose? Did I chose and if I did, was I still aware of my previous life? (I hope this doesn't sound as weird to you as it does to me.)

I can't remember any of my past life and I'm not sure if I ever did, but here are some of the things that made me question these things lately.

-I have an aversion to spiky things. Like my grandfather has to heights. I can't explain the feeling it gives me. Not hedgehogs, I'm okay with them but I was looking at some form of art the other day, entirely made from pencils and I just couldn't bare to look at it. Especially as a young child - I was two I think - I was terrified of my grandparents trophy antlers. I had to be carried through the doorway that had the thing above it, while screaming and being petrified for no apparent reason.

-When I was little - probably four or five - I started questioning my mother where she came from. She was telling me that my grandmother gave birth to her and all these relations between the family members, and I just couldn't understand it. It seemed weird, like that's not what I meant by it.

-When I was five, one of my great-grandmothers died, and one night I broke down completely (I was left on my own because my mother though I was having another tantrum) because I realized that I'm going to die one day and my mother won't be able to prevent it, or do anything about it.

-I used to believe I was adopted, or rather that I wasn't my parents children. I can't explain this very well either.

I know what these things could mean but maybe I'm just grasping at straws. I don't know.

I left this for last but in reality, this is the question that made me think about the topic of rebirth and it wasn't for this, I probably wouldn't have bothered with it.

I'm hoping because of the nature of this forum, you are not as judgemental as a lot of other people are and won't call me names, but I am gay and have always been gay. This is the thing that keeps making me thing about there being past lives and never really not existing. I am so gay that I could not imagine having to (or wanting to) do anything sexual with a man. Ever. So do you think it's possible I've always been this way, and by that I mean always. Because I think that is the only possibility if reincarnation really does exists. Being gay is who I am and it's such an essential and fundamental part of me that if I wasn't gay, it wouldn't be me. And I think that's the point of rebirth - you keep your soul and what makes you you, and this is one of the many important things that makes me me.

Back to the first thing I mentioned, the geographical locations of rebirth. I thought of this because there's been a few times, where I saw/met someone that made me think 'I know this person/ have known this person before!'. Or what about that connection (not romantic) that you only have with certain people, despite having friend you're closer to/ know better?

And about the choice and whether you can even do that. Because I think, if I chose my family, I know what it was that made me choose them. It's not there anymore but it was there at the time of my birth. So based on that, we can't foresee the future.

Thank you for reading. I've tried my best to make this as readable and understandable as possible. I hope I achieved that, at least a little.

Hello why.am.I.here

Welcome to the forum.

Opinions are divided as to how much choice people have on their next life, their sexuality/gender/wealth/health/destiny/family/true love/whatever. There does seem to be a pattern of hooking up again and again with the same people. Sometimes family, sometimes friends. It depends.

There are many opinions on this, but my opinion is 'nobody really knows' or in other words, 'it depends'. I think it's a bit like as in 'normal' life, some people believe/feel they are in charge of what happens to them and others don't, they just drift along dealing with whatever happens next. There's no right or wrong answer to that question in my view. It's an individual thing. So, if you don't feel you 'belong' with your family, you're not the only one. Some people do. Some people don't. If you don't, go and find your 'soul family'. They'll be out there somewhere.

Speaking personally I don't give a fig (in the nicest possible way) about other people's sexuality or gender or whatever. I think that's their business and nothing to do with me or anyone else as long as it makes them happy and they're not hurting anyone, so don't worry about being 'judged' here on that account.

As to your various other inklings... yes. That's what it's like for most people. Most people have these 'funny feelings' about things - likes/dislikes/fears/feelings for strangers they've just met, that in my view are best explained by past life experiences.

I look forward to hearing more when you're in the mood to share.

Hello and welcome

It's been my experience that families stay together rather than people reincarnating into familiar surroundings; as it's also possible for a family to shift geographical and cultural boundaries. And again, it's also for an individual to do that, if they were strongly motivated. But most of what I've seen shows that families stick together.

So even if you shift into another culture, it's completely possible to be aware or have a sense of awareness of a past life in another culture that's different from your current one. In fact, you'll find it's quite common.

Most of the time this awareness shows up as a general interest or preoccupation in a culture that's different from your own. It's also important to note here that most of the time, you had little fore knowledge of or exposure to this culture that would prompt this interest.

This happened to me and when I was very young, I saw a Chinese lettered sign outside of a restaurant and I was immediately drawn to it. I asked my mom what it was and she explained that it was a place for Chinese food.

Obviously, I was drawn the sign by something internal and that internal force lead to a life long obsession with China for me.

It's interesting that you mention that you though you were adopted. We moved from the north to the south of the US and in moving away from our family, my mom became insecure and abusive towards me. In reaction, I became very angry and started making up fantasies that I was adopted.

As it turns out, my birth mother now, was my step mother in my past life. So that may also be a clue for you as well.

The main thing I would do is take note of anything that you don't have exposure to, that you just seem to "know" or are interested in. Those things could very well be clues.

Have fun here and don't be afraid to ask questions! welcome

Thank you for the welcome!

Something else I remembered but always thought was weird: when I was little, I used to stand in front of the mirror and think 'that's not me!'. It's so good to finally be able to understand why that was!

And within my family, it's my mother's parents' relatives are the ones I feel incredibly drawn to, instead of my parents. It's weird but in general I'm happy with the life I have, regardless of those rare moments when I'm not, but I'm sure everyone has them. :)

That's funny! I used to hate looking in the mirror or at photos of myself because I saw someone else trapped inside me and the feeling really freaked me out.

But now after learning who I was and having seen portraits / photos of myself, I'm no longer freaked out and I'm actually quite comfortable now.

Welcome, why.am.i.here. I think many people on the forum don't believe the soul has a "gender"! We've had many gay and trans sexual members, so Tanguerra is right, and we don't give a "fig". It's what makes you happy that matters. I hope you will find what you're looking for here!

why.am.I.here said:
...And within my family, it's my mother's parents' relatives are the ones I feel incredibly drawn to, instead of my parents.
There you go. It's possible you have more 'in common' with the mother's side of the family and that's all good. You still need to deal with the other side at some level. Never write anyone off. Even people who make us uncomfortable have something to share, teach and learn. It's all part of life's rich tapestry. If we were never tested, wouldn't that be a bit dull?

It's weird but in general I'm happy with the life I have, regardless of those rare moments when I'm not, but I'm sure everyone has them. :)
Yes, everyone has them. :)

Welcome! I've been working on this theory for about a few days now. I have the best parents in the world and I've given them all my devotion, but there must have been something that happened between us. Past lives. I don't want to be physically around them, and I haven't ever in the history of my life. I am around them because I am used to being around them. Unfortunately, I haven't been successful at self-regressing, so baby steps. Or figure things out in another way.

What I'm saying is, it's okay to feel this way. For me, I'm trying to surround myself with people I truly want to be around.

New Here

Hi...Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been looking around here for awhile now. Just thought it was time to register and introduce myself. I strongly believe in reincarnation now. I did not grow up knowing anything about it or really having a belief in much. I wasn't raised with going to Church or having specific beliefs. I just explored Spirituality on my own and have come to my own conclusions, while still "figuring it all out".

I don't have any memories of my past lives, but I still strongly believe!

:)

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie - welcome

I'm glad you found the forum. It doesn't matter if you don't remember your past lives, but you never know, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees ;) and maybe reading through some of the members' experiences here and how they remember their past lives may open up a few doors for you. Feel free to jump in on any of the discussions, and good luck on your spiritual journey.

Thank you! I do wonder if I have had past live dreams and just thought it was my imagination and just forgot them or if I said something as a child and my parents didn't pay attention! Oh well, now I know to pay attention to my dreams and become more aware. This forum is full of fascinating information and , it seems, really open-minded nice people.

I am blessed to have found it!

Welcome, Stephanie. We're really glad to have you. I think most of us didn't grow up in homes that acknowledged reincarnation, so you are in good company!

Hello there

I'm new to the forum. I've been a believer in reincarnation for many years and had a lot of inklings about my past lives and a couple pretty much full movie dreams.

What brought me here was a dream I had two months ago about a recent past life I never had any idea about, but it's basically blown my mind and now... I dunno, I'm just... shocked by it but it also explains so much about who I am. So, I know that's completely vague but anyhow... I'm in that stage where you obsess about what you've just discovered I guess. And, I hope to find someone else on here who may have had a similar past life.

Very happy to have found this forum.

Welcome to the forum. No one here will ever think you are crazy. You should start keeping a journal and write everything down. Read the old messages / threads here, there is a ton of information. Also look at the book and video sections. Feel free to ask any questions.

Welcome! I'm fairly new as well, but I was surprised as to how open minded and kind people are in here.

If you explore the forum you will see many amazing testimonies, articles and videos. Have fun!

Spar and Emikua, welc0me to both of you. We're glad you found us. Help yourself to all of our information and files. If we can be of any assistance please ask. This is a safe place, well moderated and very accepting. Please be sure to read our posting guidelines and the FAQ section. Enjoy!

Tman

welcome I'm new here too. This forum seems to be a very informative and positive place to be . I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Stephanie

Finally saying hello

Hello, everyone! I have been here many times over the years, but I never introduced myself. I decided to come out of hiding this time. I love this forum and I enjoy reading everyone's memories. Even prior to my awakening a few years ago, I always felt drawn to the past. I guess that's why I'm back again. I will, at some point, share my memory with you all.

Hello everyone

Hi. I'm Dave from the UK. I recently began to consider reincarnation objectively after many years suppressing such thoughts and ideas due to the usual religious brainwashing.

Now my whole world view has changed markedly for the better.

Looking forward to sharing with you all.

Hello Dave, and welcome to the Forum. If you feel secure in your anonymity, we would be most interested in what brought about the change in your viewpoint regarding the possibility of Reincarnation.

Hi Dave from another UK member.

It's nice to see more people from here not only taking this on board but opening up to there own past lives. I can honestly say I understand myself much more form it. This sites really usefull as well, even if just to put down what others in your life really don't get.

welcome

Hello

I've been here for a little while but frankly,didn't even really notice the Introductions category. I thought I'd officially introduce myself now as a strange "thank you" since this has been such a nice place to be and people here are very helpful with everybody.So here's to no longer being a stranger:

My name is Roxana. I'm from Romania,now I live in Austria.I'm 24 years old and have always been interested in topics discussed on this forum. I found this place because a few months ago,some PL memories kicked in badly so I was desperate to find a place just like this one for some answers,and I did,and I'm grateful.

That's it LOL

Cheers! coffee

DaveUK said:
Now my whole world view has changed markedly for the better.
That's really what unlocking your past life memories should be about, Dave. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome RP1. You said you had some past life stuff kick in "badly." Can I help you in some way? Feel free to ask on the forum or in a PM.

Hello

Hello, my name is Chris. I am currently 21yrs in age. I live in Ohio, USA. Ever since I was a small child i've had very vivid dreams/memories of events that i feel like happened to me that never did. I have memories and sensations spanning many lifetimes and centuries ranging from Ancient Greece, to Celtic Ireland/Scotland/and Vikings, all the way to 1900's all of different roles, different people, and different events but I feel like I lived all of them. I would like to learn more information on this.

BriarRose said:
Rp1, You are officially welcome to the forum. We are glad to help!
Thanks, I'm glad to be a part of the community :D

Deborah said:
Welcome RP1. You said you had some past life stuff kick in "badly." Can I help you in some way? Feel free to ask on the forum or in a PM.
It's all better now.It was really bad for 3-4 days,but after that it got better so it was easy for me to "put it on hold".Weird,I'm usually very good at controlling my emotions and stuff,this time I felt forced to face things which was really not fun at all.

I'm sure I'll talk all about it one day on this forum,but I'm not ready yet.Maybe once I get tired of looking for explanations for it LOL But thanks, I'll keep you in mind with that :D

Back