New Member Introductions - March 2012

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Sawol, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Welcome to the past life forum VEZimmerman!

Feel free to ask questions anytime, and join in discussions! :thumbsup:

2. VEZimmerman

VEZimmerman VEZimmerman

I guess I'm here basically to learn. At one time I did believe in reincarnation, then, after losing my faith in a god, I lost my belief in anything that couldn't be explained by science. I don't think science can, or will be able to, explain everything, and that scares some people. I'm not one of them. I honestly don't know whether I believe reincarnation is a real phenomenon or not, but I'm willing to look at the evidence for it. I don't judge people for holding beliefs that seem outlandish to me, I'm sure that I have beliefs that some people would find outlandish. I try to keep an open mind. I hope I can learn about reincarnation here, it's something that's always fascinated me. I hope no one will be offended by anything I wrote in this post, I didn't intend to step on anyone's toes.

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Vincent,

You don't have to be a believer in reincarnation, or have any past life memories or experiences to be a member and participate in the forum. We all have one thing in common, and that is an interest in past lives. As long as we all respect each others beliefs and opinions, then everybody is welcome. I don't think anybody here will be offended by your post, I certainly wasn't.

4. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

Hello VEZimmerman, welcome to the forum! :D

Of course no one will be offended. Some members of this forum, including myself, are not completely convinced that reincarnation / life after death is real. I, personally, have about a 90% belief, that 10% of doubt can really haunt me from time to time.

What we can do, however, is look at various sources of research that has been carried out, study the evidence, and make up our own minds. There are a lot of great book suggestions on this forum that will be of great interest to you when you try to make up your own mind on this subject.

Even though most people here will have a belief in reincarnation to some degree, we all have different opinions now and then on the processes of how different aspects of reincarnation work. That, of course, is what makes the forum so interesting. We can all discuss different topics, have friendly debates and learn from each other.

I hope you feel free to ask any questions on your mind and join in on other discussions on the forum!:thumbsup:

5. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum V...and your doubt is certainly acceptable. I suppose my unposed question to one who harbors doubt about reincarnation would be first what is that person's belief? And second, what does that belief do for that person? Does it cause worry, confusion and more pain and suffering, or does it enable one to drop fear and move toward the actual reason for living this life?

For me, reincarnation fits my world view and provides a comfort in having an understanding about what happens next, after this lifetime. I don't believe we will see any scientifically verifiable proof of reincarnation, nor do I have any proof to offer other than my own experiences which fill these pages, along with many others who have shared their own experiences.

I am in no way suggesting one choose a belief simply because it feels good...it is a deeply held and personal understanding which, in my case has taken up close to 40 years to crystalize into a usable framework. I do know, however coming to terms with aspects of our mortality can enable one to move on to greater understanding of one's life and make it a richer experience.

I apologize for being a pedant...I just had this conversation with a co-worker! Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy the discussions and all opinions are welcome.