New Member Introductions - November 2010

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by LifePurpose, Nov 23, 2010.

1. LifePurpose

LifePurpose New Member

Hi, everyone. The name I've chosen for myself is LifePurpose, as it seems to be something I've been searching for practically all my life.

I came across this forum via the "Children's Past Lives Forum" in February of this year. My foray into the topic of reincarnation is not a new one; indeed, I have always felt from a very early age (around 10 or 11) that reincarnation is what happens when our physical body ("skinvelope" i like to call it) ceases its functions.

I was always different from other kids my age - I began reading at 3 years old. Note that from the age of 4 and on, I was reading books on my own, as my parents were too busy working and focusing on their own agendas to take time to do this with me. Books became my parents. My favorite book at 5 was "Charlotte's Web." I will never forget sobbing inconsolably when i came to the part of the book where Charlotte passed away. I wondered why anyone had to die.

By the age of 10, I had read "Siddhartha," several books by Carlos Castenada, and was familiar with who Edgar Cayce was, having read one or two books about his channeling. As hippies and thus being pretty open-minded, my parents had a fairly extensive library on philosophical and esoteric topics. They eschewed all things religious, though, having been brought up - and later, turning their backs on - Christianity. That said, they allowed me to explore religion in my own way, and i recall attending Sunday School a few times, and going to a Jewish service as well (with school friends).

When i turned 18, i retained a keen interest in past lives and reincarnation, but never had any memories. During my 30's, i had the great fortune to live near a unique little community called "Lilydale" which housed like-minded individuals who practiced various psychic arts such as regression and other related practices. I had one regression session with one of the people that lived there, but at that time, felt it was a failure. I even ended up throwing away the tape that the regressionist had recorded during our session.

Over the past two years, i have once again come into a period of my life where i am intensely questioning my path and purpose, and what this lifetime is about for me. I have recently had some insights into some of the blockages and difficulties I've had during this incarnation, and while at first i felt this was a good thing, now I have other questions, and even some doubt as to whether reincarnation is, in fact, real. (This is because of my recent understanding of our Universe being a Hologram...will post my question about that elsewhere).

I have lost a great many people and things that were important to me in the past 2 or 3 years. I would like to find peace of mind, some answers, and a community of people who share my quest for knowledge and self-realization.

Thank you for the opportunity to share who I am, and to share in the search for answers and connections with others who seek similarly as I do.

Namaste.

2. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

LifePurpose, Hi There and Welcome to the Forum! Am looking forward to what you have to share

here with everyone. Just to say, I personally like that word, 'skinvelope'. Wishing You the Best!

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi LifePurpose, welcome, and thanks for the introduction :)

I hope you enjoy the forum, and look forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

Chris :)

4. Merlin

Merlin New Member

Hi LifePurpose,

'skinvelope' . . . Love it !

Interesting CV you have there.

Welcome to the forum

Regards

Merlin6

5. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum Lifepurpose.

Many advanced individuals recall reading at an early age and being very aware of 'stuff' at an early age. I was the same.

I hope you enjoy the forum. I'm sure you will have a lot to contribute. No doubt you have questions. Please feel free to express them. There is a lot of wisdom to be shared here.

6. Florence

Florence Senior Registered

Hello Lifepurpose....

Glad your here. I have a question. You said you thought your regression was a failure. I was wondering why...and if at this time....you still feel the same way about it??...

It sounds as though you were a very lonely little boy....thank goodness for books...

NOW...you have us...we love new friends..

7. LifePurpose

LifePurpose New Member

In this life, I'm female...

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome :) I do have several questions, but my understanding is that I should share them elsewhere in the forum. Since that is the case, I will do so.

Florence,

I'm a female in this lifetime, but your quote/impression is a very interesting one, given the information that I've gleaned about (one of) my possible past lives.

Although I've always been INCREDIBLY open-minded, i have also always possessed a healthy dose of "prove it to me" as well. Not skepticism, mind you, because I've always known there was far more to our existence than what we see, smell, touch and feel.

That said, in going into the regression session, i still had that "prove it to me" part of me piping up shrilly in the background. I had always had problems with meditation/self-hypnosis/relaxation, and this session was no exception. I recall saying to the psychic/regressionist that i didn't think i was hypnotized and that the whole process seemed not to flow or meet my expectations. At the end of the session and afterwards, I had doubts and was left with the feeling that I probably imagined the images that i received/conjured because i felt forced to in the situation. For that reason, i deemed the session a failure.

A couple of months ago, my one and only long-time friend (we've known each for 18 years and been best friends) shook loose a memory of a visit she and i had taken to visit another little "community" of sensitives for readings. This was several years before my regression session.

She reminded me that during my session, the psychic/sensitive had said she felt a lot of darkness around me in relation to a past life, as if I was either mentally retarded or severely handicapped in some way. This memory completely floored me, as i seemed to have blocked our visit/session out.

What was so incredible in the memory was the revelation that the psychic's reading of one of my past lives matched up almost perfectly with the one fairly clear image/impression that i received years later at my regression session. It was that of being a boy, confined to a wheelchair, and unable to communicate with anyone around me. The image is of me (the boy) and looking out from my "prison" (body) to a view of vast, snowy, mountains which for some reason i know to be Switzerland. Besides that, i have no other impressions of what i looked like or how old i was, even how i came to be there. the only thing i do know is that it was some sort of institution that i was placed in because i was unable to live a "normal" life.

So, in retrospect, i think my regression session was probably something that held some important information in it for me, and for whatever reason, i wasn't ready to accept that information at the time of my regression.

How i wish i had never thrown those tapes away!!!!!! i know there were other lives that i discussed with the regressionist during the session, but none of those images have made any lasting impression on my mind like the handicapped boy from Switzerland has - i don't even recall them at all.

8. Florence

Florence Senior Registered

Hi again.....Yes it is strange that I pictured a young boy in a bed reading books...but ..I also felt he was very lonely. Now...I'm SURE he was lonely.

I had just finished a meditation and that sometimes make me more sensitive.

NOW...I guess you will just have to be regressed again....grin ..or....meditate and the information may come to you... then....or in a dream

9. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi LifePurpose.

You can ask questions here, that's fine. You should take a look through the FAQs also, as many people have asked the same sorts of questions over the years.

Although you threw the tapes away, and you can't recall much about their contents now, that's OK. If you start doing some meditation, or use regression CDs, etc you may find that it all starts to come back to you fairly easily.

Perhaps, since the life of the boy in Switzerland is the strongest one, that might be a good place to start your explorations?