Night terrors from 9month old

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Tanyafilipic, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Tanyafilipic

Tanyafilipic New Member

Hi,
    My grandson who is 9 months old has started experiencing night terrors almost every night. My question is because he is to young to talk to ask questions does anyone have any idea or experience on how we can go about dealing with this?
    Thank you

2. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Tanyafilipic,

Welcome to the forum.

I have no experience with a baby with nightmares. It's difficult to understand what's happening to him. Maybe there are triggers from the outside world that causes them. A specific sound around the house or the environment that reminds him of something from a former life.
    You all must feel very powerless no being able to intervene.
    But I do have experience with difficult and strange behavior with my children. The only thing I could do was to keep them physically close to me as much as possible. I've slept in the same room as my children for many years.
    Maybe your grandson relives his former life in his dreams. I think he is too old now for starting to swaddle him. That gave our baby's a kind of safety feeling in the beginning. But maybe it is a possibility for his parents to put his bed in their bedroom too? Being close together gives a deep peace. It might not prevent the nightmares, but it gives him a connection to his new life.

The last age. likes this.
  3. Tanyafilipic

Tanyafilipic New Member

Thankyou for your reply. He does already sleep in the room with his parents. While he is experiencing it if you pick him up or try to get close he just pushes you away and does not want to be held. Yes there could be triggers I will tell my daughter to be aware. Thankyou

4. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Maybe some comforting music when it happens? Or try comforting smells.

Like, put on a certain piece of music when he is awake and happy and he will associate this music to being happy and safe. Invent your own way with him.
    And when he is in panic, put on the same music.

5. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

I have talked about my experience that began as a four year old and went on for around four years .. It was a reoccurring dream about the death of the previous physical entity my spiritual self occupied. It was terrifying to my parents they told me later my screaming terrified them.. From my experience its important to understand your grandsons brain is not capable of understanding anything he may be dreaming about.. It took me into my teens to fully understand what I was dreaming about.. Even when I was four years old my parents would ask what was I dreaming about.. I had no clue ..
    My experience tells me your grandson is not reacting to any type of nightmare because he cannot understand what would be going on in that nightmare.. What I was reacting to was while the dream was going on I was in a place where I did not feel safe in.. but I was four years old when it began not nine months old

6. Tanyafilipic

Tanyafilipic New Member

Great idea thank you will pass that on to my daughter

7. glia21

glia21 Senior Registered

I have no experience with night terrors myself, but from what I have learned I would try to whisper to him that he is all safe and loved, I would do that directly to him when he is awake as well as when he is asleep. Again and again in a soft voice. He will get the message. Wish you and your family the best!

8. Tanyafilipic

Tanyafilipic New Member

Thankyou I think that’s a great idea also. Appreciate it.