No matter how much I try, I can't be regressed back to my past life. Please help.

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by The_Tiger, Oct 29, 2013.

1. The_Tiger

The_Tiger New Member

I've tried everything - from YouTube videos' soundtracks, Brain Weiss' guided regression and what not; spending countless nights with circumaural headphones. Even one of your respected members here (D. Firth) sent me a tape. But all have failed to regress me. It's as if I never had a past life.

With a tenth as much audio as me, two of my like-minded friends had already regressed to their past lives, revealing details that surprised me, as well as making me envious that I can't regress like them. I am extremely spiritual to tell you, and have had spontaneous astral projections 4 times this year, answering many of my questions. Also I'm a fiction writer; so I guess my right brain is powerful enough to let me imagine somewhat more than most others.

Let me share the problem with you: In the most successful of the sessions I've had, I forcefully tried to imagine I'm in a garden with a mirror with infinite reflections. (as Brian Weiss said in his audio recording). I found the reflection of a girl of 7-8 years of age wearing a pink dress. Now this is where I fail miserably in most videos:

"What date is it?" - I can't imagine/make out any date.

"What is around you?" - The garden, duh! But the voice expects me to be somewhere else.

"Who is with you?"/"What people are around you?" - Miserable failure, here. No one!

"With whom do you feel emotionally connected?" - Emotions? Oops! I don't have it over here.

"What is the colour of your shoe?" - Can't see anything of myself, let alone a shoe!

"What country is this?" - Terrible failure!

I've tried to draw people inside the imaginary garden. When the voice asks to look at them, I find them all from this life, people, whom I've met recently.

I'm feeling extremely frustrated day by day. So much answers I need to know! Can anyone experienced help me, please? Last night, I had slipped into a depression, being unable to regress myself, in spite of trying for so many days. :(

fireflydancing likes this.
  2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

You may be trying too hard. You did receive information. Focus on the girl in the mirror. You may need to meditate. You may have a thought pop into your head when you least expect it.

3. The_Tiger

The_Tiger New Member

Thank you so much for the answer. But I do meditate a lot, as the voice guides me. But one thing I'd like to ask: I feel a little scared (don't know why) inside the dark room. So I sometimes open my eyes very narrowly, and drift back into the regression session. Is that affecting me negatively for regression?

Another thing: I get Brian Weiss' audio tape to the most powerful for me. But the tracks are just 20 mins; which is too short to 'download' any information from my soul.

4. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Have you looked at this one? It's 36 minutes.

Do you have any small night lights in the room? One small light may help. The room does not have to be completely dark. BTW, your fear of the dark may be past life related.

5. SkyeSpitfire

SkyeSpitfire Probationary

I have managed to get flashes from this woman ..... and I am a beginner! Very difficult for me to relax and tone down my mind because it's always racing - but this video has got results. Maybe you could try it?

6. The_Tiger

The_Tiger New Member

Thanks a lot. I've downloaded the audio file. I'll try that out tonight.

Yep! And that did make sense, you know. Sometimes, I love to lie in the dark and meditate, but constantly my eyes move to check out for something. I feel someone is checking me out and staring at me in the room. But the room is locked. I can't close my eyes for a good amount of time because of this.

When anyone switches off the light in the hallroom, I get bad hallucinations. Old buildings, dark hallways make me depressed and extremely scared.

Can you relate to something?

7. The_Tiger

The_Tiger New Member

Thank you, hun. I've downloaded it as well. Shall try it soon and report.

8. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Your fear of old buildings/dark hallways is a definite hint. I once went into an emotional tail-spin from the sight of an old three-story house. It turned out that I drowned a few miles from that house. Try meditating on the fear, instead of a specific past life. At first, I got more info from working without a CD - probably because the pace was wrong. I go to a garden with a redwood pavilion in it. It's apparently in Oregon, or Washington state. The pavilion has a hallway going to the past. I walk down the hall, observing closed doors. I open the one with a question mark on it. It leads to a life. Try that in the day light, with only a towel, or yoga pillow over your eyes. Make the imaginary hallway well lit, and wide. That will rule out fear of the dark being a factor.

9. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

It can take a bit of practice to get the hang of this. There can be a lot going on for the 'psyche' to deal with, particularly if you are a beginner. There's the excitement of potentially seeing something amazing, there's the fear of what it might be, there's the chatter of the mind questioning everything and 'thinking' about everything, there's the physical issue of your eyes.

I would suggest forget about regression for a few nights and practice your meditation and visualisation skills. '

1. Always allow yourself a good 5 minutes or so of simple relaxation to quiet and focus the mind. Counting your breaths slowly back from 50 is a good way to start. If your mind wanders off somewhere, don't get cross with yourself, just gently bring it back and pick up where you left off. When you get to 10, count back really slowly and tell yourself when you get to '0' you will be completely relaxed.

2. Roll your eyes back in your head. If this is uncomfortable, just look up and imagine them rolling back. For some reason this connects you with the right brainwaves (or something). It has the added benefit of keeping your eyes still, which helps your mind to quieten down.

3. Pick a very simple image to visualise - say, an apple. 'See' it very clearly. What colour is it? What is the skin like? Does it still have a leaf attached? Notice every detail, then rotate it and take a look at the other side of it. Look at it very intently from above and below. See the minor imperfections in the skin. See the delicate shades of colour. If your mind wanders off again (it will do this!) don't get upset. Just gently bring the apple back and then 'do' something with it - peel it, eat it... how does it taste?..

Do this for a few nights. Doing the 5 minute relaxation first is very important so don't skip it, particularly the 'deepening' when you get to 10, 9, 8.... Use different objects if you get tired of the apple. Try incorporating a landscape scene, like a lake or snowy mountaintop or whatever you like, and really look around in it. Notice the feelings, the scents and the sounds. Get relaxed with doing this.

This separates out the 'am I just making this up' chatter from the experience of relaxation and visualization. It has the advantage that when you do have a memory at some point you will immediately feel what a different, deeper and richer, experience it is from what you can dream up using only your imagination. It's a practice exercise to build up your 'brain muscles' and teach your 'mind' to get out of the way a bit. Then when you've got fairly good at that, and you're in the mood, do it with the little girl in the mirror and just watch what unfolds without 'commenting' on it with your mind.

10. Pyrosfuel

Pyrosfuel Senior Registered

Here is a good peice of information that might help the trying to hard thing. It's going to sound very counter intuitive but I've tried this and it Definatly works. I remember your first thread tiger and at this point you truly believe you will never be able to have a regression. It's all in the way you've said "I've tried everything." This is going to sound very confusing but your creating the fate by thinking it more often than belie wing you will have a regression. But I will give an example of what I'm about to say.

GIVE IN TO THE FEELING THAT YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A REGRESSION. First accept that you will not have one, find words that makes the situation easier to accept this fate and fate will release its grips on you so you can move forward. With fate "what you resist persists! You want a regression so bad you are resisting the fate that you will not have one, hence- you try even harder. Tell yourself "you know what, I'm will be ok if I never have a regression." Or- " there are other things in my life that need my attention, I don't need to have a regression." Only after you've truly accepted it can you move on. Give yourself a week or so to truly accept you don't need the regression,! Then try again.

EXAMPLE- I've been haveing a lot of trouble finding my name in a past life. I really wanted to know it. Know who I was, so I can figure out who I am today!!! I've already accepted I've created the fate that's I will not see it because I too have been trying to hard! So I've told myself "it's just a name!" "I only want to know it I don't need it", and lastly "I know I'll be just fine if I don't know it." Now that I've gone through the process of accepting it, I already know that my success rate is going to double if not triple if I try again.

I'm also going to show you how you can personally see how your trying to hard! Phycolagy is something that I'm interested in, so I already know this will work for you!

In a meditation that you are trying to see a past life you have to completly silence your mind,- and I mean completly!!! No eye movements, no fears of someone watching you!, and no external distractions either, for this to be successful, understand? Just you and your meditation. Your body from head to toe has to be very relaxed, facial muscles, neck muscles, shoulders, arms, hands, spine, torso, legs, feet, toes. Every cell in your body must be relaxed.

Now I'm going to ask you some question again I already know the answers to.

What were you thinking about doing first, accepting your fate to move forward, so you can have a successful regression?

Or were you thinking, ok I have to learn how to meditate under the guidelines pyro just gave me?

I promise I won't steer you wrong tiger! I know I will eventually get my name, because I'm not trying to hard.

Let me know how it works for you. But I promise you will continue to struggle the more you fight for the expierience your trying to achieve. Good luck sir I wish you the best of luck!

11. Pyrosfuel

This is not my own technic btw it is something I have been practiceing after I was made aware of it in a YouTube Chanel that I subscribe to. I will take no credit for something that is not my own. I can only say it has worked for me on many accasions. For a lot of these pearls of wisdom, you can go to YouTube and type in askteal. She helps people create their own future, and I've never gotten a bad peice of advice from her yet. Again good luck tiger, let us know when you are successful. ;-)

12. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

There is a lot of really great information in this thread. I have been trying some of it, trying to increase my ability to visualize. Don't know as I'm having a lot of success yet, but I know I have to have patience.

13. Alona

Alona New Member

Perhaps something inside you stops you from regression. Perhaps you're afraid to meet with past problems face to face not to re-experience the pain.

Have you even tried yoga?

Try to practice the asana (yoga pose) which gives you the inconvenience and concentrate on your biggest fear. Physical pain will distract you from thinking that you will not regress again.

14. The_Tiger

The_Tiger New Member

WOW! What a wonderful answer! Thank you so very much! :)

You're completely right. I'm just thinking about too hard. Whenever I was trying astral projection too hard, I never had one. But when I just let it go, I experienced the vibrations and soon I was in the air. And I'll relax more, without fear. What's there to fear, when we all are ghosts, driving a skeleton clad with flesh? :)

As for your question, I was thinking of letting myself divert into other works for 3 days, and try regressing again. I also have an appointment on 20th with one of India's best hypnotherapists. She asked for a fortune; that's fine. Do I need to meditate everyday before I perform the regression with her? I feel scared all the money is going to be a wastage. It's 2600 kms from here and I can't often return to have another session with her. Also, the charges are atrocious, because she is very famous.

15. The_Tiger

The_Tiger New Member

I never practiced Asanas and Yogas. :p I guess I'll start, if there is a connection with it in meditation. :)

You're right. I'm totally convinced that I had a traumatic death in past life. I get hallucinations of similar types like someone cutting through flesh with a sharp sword or blade. I sometimes cry out and yell. Do you think it has a connection?

16. The_Tiger

The_Tiger New Member

Many thanks for this wonderful and informative answer. I'll start by putting my mind into observing obvious details of everything, just as you've suggested. :)

17. The_Tiger

The_Tiger New Member

Thank you very much for the answer! :) How did it take for you to visualize with such convincing clarity? How many days did you spend in meditation? Or did you take the help of a professional?

18. The_Tiger

The_Tiger New Member

That's great! How many lives have you been able to regress as of yet? Did you find your names and dates, as well?

19. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I discovered the significance of the house twenty years after the panic attack it triggered. I did some research, and discovered the St. Francis Dam Disaster had inundated that area. A dam was going to be built in the hills above the town where I was living, and the idea really scared me. I moved away, joined the forum, and the story unfolded. I found a newspaper article with a list of victims. My first husband shared a last name with my last life. His mother had the same first and last names as my mother in the PL. To top it off, My "old self" is buried in a small town a few miles from where I was born. The list of synchronicities was amazing. I usually do self-regression, but have the best success with a CD that uses binaural beats. I have been regressed by another person once, but it took a day or two after for the memories to "come". This can be a lengthy process of discovery. You might have a mental block, because your subconscious mind is protecting you from what ever happened in that hallway. We aren't allowed to "see" what we can't handle. I hope, for you, Tiger, it doesn't take twenty years!

20. Pyrosfuel

Tiger I'm glad I could help progress can only be made when when fears don't stop us. Always remember what helps you the most. You can use this technic for anything in your life. Keep at it and always know if you want something strong enough the right information will come your way to help you obtain it. ;) all of the information on this thread has been good for you. This community is always very supportive and knowledgable. Always happy to share the expieriences and what helps them. If you take in all the information that others offer at no charge you will find success will always come your way;-)