non-linear time & reincarnation

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Rob, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Rob

Rob A Very Cool Member!

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to post an interesting quote from Barbara Ann Brennan's book Hands of Light, published in 1987. I was hoping it would create some discussion:

For some of us, this is an old topic. I thought maybe we could generate some new discussion on it, however.

2. musicfan259

musicfan259 Ever falling post count

It has been said that our souls exist outside of space time. If this is true, then it follows that we really do have all our lifetimes laid out start to finish, side by side, right in front of us, but because of time's arrow everything in the physical world seems to move from past to future.

It is certainly tempting to believe that all lives exist in the same universe (space-time continuum) since that allows us to confirm that the ones in the past really happened.

3. Ben

Ben Synesthetic

I've always believed in the idea of multiple timelines (or some people call it worldlines) that everything that could possibly occur in your life, has happened and is happening right now simultaneously. Each timeline revolves around you...but with a slightly different scenario. Just think of, lets say, 50 lines parallel with each other with you in it. Each path is a slightly different situation, yet as you travel forward, each decision/choice that you make would be a point in the timeline where you 'cross' into another parallel path, etc, etc. I mentioned 50 timelines, but I've heard the theory that there are literally thousands.

There have been times in my life, or if you want to get specific, in 'this worldline', where I've had an odd psychic connection with someone I hardly know (or just a casual aquaintance) I'd feel like I knew him or her from somewhere else. It's like a psychic red-flag that goes up in my mind, a little jolt saying 'Wait a second, something's wrong here!' Chances are we were probably close friends or intimate in another timeline. I actually had a detailed visual image of a wedding ceremony of me and a co-worker, whom I hardly knew in this timeline. That continues to blow my mind. Here we're only casual acquaintances, yet somewhere else, circumstances brought us together to get married.

4. Goldenage

Goldenage Senior Registered

The eternal dreamer

If past-lives have the same form as dreams for ordinary people, one might indeed expect that in the same way that two people sleeping side by side find that their seperate dreams co-exist in the same "space" without interacting then the higher self experiencing apparently successive lives (and deaths) (as in the manner of dreams) might well be able to do this as well. The difference being only that these dreams take place one on top of the other. How might this be effectuated? The higher-self-dreamer dreams a dream in which he/she appears, this dream-entity in turn spins a life (dream) in which he/she in turn dreams of him/herself as a further “new” reflection (tertiary etc) etc to as many levels as required (infinite even). All the dream-worlds appear "real" from the inside - people are born, die, invent things, make love, kill each other and so forth. All coexisting in a space which is after all nothing, non-existent or at the least “as small as an atom”.

What then might constitute self-realisation? Simply it might be taken to mean "the awakening of the dreamer", the support to all the worlds so to speak, the original and only self (of all)……
    Fascinating no?.
    ;) :) :rolleyes:

5. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

FYI

In the Science section -- I brought up a thread regarding Science and TIME - which might be of interest to those reading this thread. ;)

6. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

My daughter had mentioned something similar ... that she had a partial parallel life, but she described it as a half-soul. That half of her soul experienced life as one person, half as another.

Also, in a different conversation that certain members of my family were half soul from one person, half from another.

Anyone else ever heard of that, or have experience with something like this?