Normal

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by GalaxyDreamer90, Jan 26, 2019.

1. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

Lately I've been wishing i could be more normal. Its to the point that i seem to be losing my interest in writing fantasy stories and would rather instead write about normal people, which seems boring. How can i get my interest in writing fantasy back?

2. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Normal is often boring and pointless often to the point of being shallow, the lack of depth people have these days just kills me inside emotionally leaving me depressed. At least with previous generations there was something that helped to make up for such lack but those qualities are long gone. Learn to appreciate yourself and do it with some pride.

Carloloner, Ritter and Kenz1010 like this.
  3. GalaxyDreamer90

I really don't know why I wish to be normal. You're right and normal people are boring and shallow so why I want to be like everyone else I don't know. I guess it could be that I got into a lot of trouble in the past for being too emotional and I wish I could be emotionless like everyone else so I can enjoy life and not get into trouble. But now I'm suddenly wondering what's the point of being emotionless. It's boring. I wish I could be sad right now instead of so emotionless like I have been, but I just can't seem to make myself sad at the moment. There isn't anything right now to be sad about.

4. GalaxyDreamer90

I hope it's okay to bump this topic. Lately I've been going through exposure therapy to get over a rare phobia I have and now that I'm starting to get over it I'm starting to feel more like a normal person and I'm unsure what to think. While part of me wants to be normal part of me finds being normal boring.