Not quite oneself after regression meditation?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Li. La., Jan 2, 2019.

1. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

Hi S&S! Thank you very much. Sorry, I am a bit slow but now when I come to think of it the occupations I have chosen are to help people who are sick, hurt etc. I also like to keep myself busy and I am glad to help out if I can. I like working with people. What I appreciated about being Laura and Anna is that they were part of a group (in Lauras case the missionary "family") and in Anna's case the Italian(-American) family. I am not a rivalry type of person (which used to irritate my father because he was someone who wanted to win at all costs and could not understand why I was more concern of the feelings of others, he saw it as a weakness on my part, but then again he claimed to have the best at-peace-kind-of-relationship with me than with others). I so agree, one does not want the problems one has faced or am facing but hopefully there are lessons to be learned.
    Best Wishes
    Li La

fireflydancing likes this.
  2. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

Just read an article entitled "Maori Traditions and the Mormon Church" by R. Lanier Britsch which reveals that the mormons and the Maori were a successful team; the mormons was not part of stealing their land, was not involved in the war 1850's1870's. Unlike other faiths established in New Zealand the mormons teached out the practise in the maori own language, spoke it, and respected their traditions and ways; just like I saw glimpses of Laura's attitude and the treatment she received in return from the Maori people :D
    (link: https://www.lds.org/new-era/1981/06/maori-traditions-and-the-mormon-church?lang=eng)

[​IMG]
    1909 mormon wedding
    http://thamesnz-genealogy.blogspot.com/2014/12/thames-nz-church-at-kirikiri.html

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  3. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

I just could not get over the dream I had as a child and began to google the possibility of mormons also babtising people who are dead - and they have done so and still does. I could not have known this prior, especially when I was a young child who had this dream. I am just taken away by this.
    https://sojo.net/articles/why-do-mormons-baptize-dead

4. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Li. La.,

The Mormons have many unusual beliefs. They're fairly common in the U.S. and I have known a few. Overall, they tend to be very moral people living well-ordered lives. On the surface, they seem much like other Protestant Christians. However, they have a lot of very unusual beliefs and doctrines. And, Baptism for the Dead is not, by any means, the most unusual. Having said that, most Christians would also conclude that I (as a reincarnationist) have some very "unusual" beliefs for a Christian. So, I'm not sure that by itself is grounds for criticism.

Mormon beliefs are not my own, and some I consider to be extremely strange, but generally they tend to be very nice people with what would be considered in the modern world to be old-fashioned moral standards. Of course, like anyone else that falls in this category, this makes them hated and detested by the modern PC crowd. However, I consider this to be a badge of honor in most cases.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--The Mormons have historically been criticized most for practicing polygamy. Modern mainstream Mormonism has abandoned this practice, but there are still rebel sects that embrace it. Some of these have become notorious due to situations where leaders had numerous wives, and even more notorious because they often had numerous underage wives. This type of thing has led to some highly publicized criminal cases in the U.S. (BTW--These groups usually keep very much to themselves).

5. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

Thank you for sharing the info :). Good thing you experience some of them as moral people living well-ordered lives :D. I had no idea though that some mormons were into polygamy, glad I did not have to experience that during regression, that would not work with me.

Best Wishes
    Li La

6. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

Well, I see that you’ve come across some of the more interesting things about the religion..

As I said before, I know a lot of Mormons. I don’t share the same beliefs as them though.
    Feel free to send me a PM if you’re interested, I’ve got some interesting stories regarding some of them..

7. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

Thank you, that is so kind of you, right now I feel as if I need to do another regression to find out the full real names of some of - or anyone really - from Laura's life so I can find her for sure. If I get something new I will take you up on the offer if I may? :) thanks again

Right now I don't know if she was born into the mormons or if she seeked them out herself (I've read that some women who were in bad marriages did that to escape) or if she later left the mormons which is also a possibility. I suppose her being part of the mormon faith was better than her saying her husband had left a criminal past. Even if it felt very uncanny to have the dream where someone dead was being babtist in the lake and Laura standing aside, not enjoying it, it did feel pleasant to get the experienced memories of Maori children laughing and looking upon her as a teacher of some kind; I think they were on a break from school and she was playing with them before getting back in again; they were all laughing, including Laura.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    glia21 likes this.
  8. glia21

glia21 Senior Registered

Li.la.,
    It's fascinating to follow your story. :) thank you for sharing! It sounds very real and it would be great if you manage to figure out certain names. I'm always looking for proof myself since I'm still in doubt - even if all of my self shouts it out loud. I guess I just need some evidence to ease my mind.

Like you I have not much experience concerning mormons. Seems like you did a lot of good things there as Laura :)
    The babtizing of dead people sounds very uncanny to me too. Never heard of that but then I have not much experience with the mormon faith at all. Except for the polygamie thing I know only little.

Li. La. likes this.
  9. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Glia,

I am not sure whether this is a misconception of some type, or maybe just a language difficulty, but the Mormons don't baptize "dead people" in the sense of immersing or sprinkling corpses, etc. They do let someone stand-in or serve as a substitute for the dead person in a baptism ceremony. Usually the baptism is on behalf of a deceased ancestor of a Mormon. They are very strong on genealogy, and seek to determine who all of their ancestors are so that they (or someone else) can be baptized on behalf of any who were not baptized.

Cordially,
    S&S

glia21 likes this.
  10. glia21

glia21 Senior Registered

Oh I see... S&S, thanks for the explanation. I was confused about that.

11. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

I am sorry, I take the blame for this. In my dream that I had as a kid I saw that the man was baptizing people in a lake by putting their heads under water, one of them kind of spread out his arms and stayed in the water at some stage. I jumped to the conclusion that he was dead (but perhaps just taken by the moment then). As a child I told my mom that the man was drowning someone by putting the head under the water.

glia21 likes this.
  12. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

I am sorry, S&S, you are right, please read my reply to Glia21, thank you.

13. glia21

glia21 Senior Registered

:D a misunderstanding & misinterpretation then. No worries. I remember an episode of the tv show boardwalk empire - they babtized one (or several?) guy/s in a river. I think they were mormons too.

14. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

Hi again, I am more and more convinced that Laura once existed.

When I came out of regression I wrote down several things but the last two I just thought were mumble jumble (after I discovered there were no such last names which was my true hope that it would be) . So I had written besides from Laura, New Zealand, 1908: Toruk/Torak? and Binnigam/Binnigem?. I was just let down when I could not see any last name with this spelling and thought I had just imagined it. I did not want to mention it before because I thought I would just make a fool of myself.
    I remember in the regression that I thought it went really fast when being asked my name, where I was, what year, where I came from etc but it could just be that I was the really slow one ;). I was experiencing everything at the same time as I was trying to answer. Felt like one was under deep water and trying to get the words up to the surface.

Just last night I tried to search again for what on earth I was saying beside from Laura, New Zealand and year 1908. This is what I found. There are 2 different places in Australia called Toorak! (even more specifically two houses but with my research I had not found any Laura ever living there but then again my research is not extensive).

Binnigem is usually spelled Binningen and is in Papua, New Guinea. It was deliberated from Australia in 1975.

Thinking pl-me was mormon I searched of the possibility of them being there and have found that they were at some time, but date is unknown before 1980 in Binnigem when there was records to have missionary arrive there, yet they are sure they were there earlier. (source: https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/facts-and-statistics/country/papua-new-guinea, sentence "Church members visited Papua New Guinea long before the first missionaries arrived in 1980")

So I am leaning towards that pl-me/Laura originated from Australia but lived for a time in New Zealand. This confirms to me that pl-me/Laura did originate from an English talking country which I had experienced.

I promise, I have not earlier been at all familiar with this history and I don't know where my brain would possibly have picked this up either. Anyway, just wanted to share.

Thanks for reading :)

/Best Wishes Li La

glia21 and SeaAndSky like this.